#3 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,358 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

I'm mostly good with that ballot. My biggest gripes are the inclusion of Vizquel and the exclusion of Edgar and Rolen, who somehow didn't even make the considered voting for section.

#4 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,936 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

Geez, are we really pretending that it was Omar Vizquel who transformed Cleveland into a winner?  I mean, they had Belle, Lofton, Thome, Manny, Sandy Alomar, Murray, Baerga, Nagy, Martinez, etc...  but the true superstar, the straw that stirred the drink, was Omar Vizquel?  That seems suspect.

#5 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,358 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:00 AM

Geez, are we really pretending that it was Omar Vizquel who transformed Cleveland into a winner?  I mean, they had Belle, Lofton, Thome, Manny, Sandy Alomar, Murray, Baerga, Nagy, Martinez, etc...  but the true superstar, the straw that stirred the drink, was Omar Vizquel?  That seems suspect.

I doubt Omar will ever get in, but those first 4 guys you mentioned all have easily better cases than he does IMO, and probably only one of them will make it. 

#6 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,936 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:03 AM

I doubt Omar will ever get in, but those first 4 guys you mentioned all have easily better cases than he does IMO, and probably only one of them will make it. 

Yeah, and so do Dennis Martinez, Orel Hershiser, and Eddie Murray (obviously).  Vizquel has the 8th best HOF case (maybe 9th best, depending on how you feel about Julio Franco) on the mid-90's Indians - put him in the Hall!

#7 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

Larry Walker and Scott Rolen are HOFers. I dont agree with Webers strategic voting ploy but I think I might do it to keep Rolen on the ballot.

Vizquel is silly and Ive changed my tune on Vlad in the last few weeks. Would now vote for him considering its not his 1st time on the ballot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=