16 replies to this topic

#1 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,390 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:32 PM

NY Times: Glowing Auras and Black Money: The Pentagon's Mysterious U.F.O. Program 

We are not alone.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:06 PM

NY Times: Glowing Auras and Black Money: The Pentagon's Mysterious U.F.O. Program

We are not alone.

Likely true, but there is nothing to see here. Third article I've read on this and essentially nothing came of this program.

#3 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

All in on any aliens stories, but I'm of the mindset that if there is tangible evidence that aliens exist, Trump would tweet about it.

• The Epic likes this

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,551 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:33 PM

All in on any aliens stories, but I'm of the mindset that if there is tangible evidence that aliens exist, Trump would tweet about it.

It's because he is the alien.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

That and they wouldn't be pussies trying to avoid detection . However, if they wanted to avoid detection they would have technology that wouldn't been seen by humans.

#6 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

It's because he is the alien.

Not much of a disguise.

@DJ_McCann

#7 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,390 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:46 PM

Might be one of those things the intelligence community decides it's best not to fill him in on.

#8 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

Ok lets do this. How many of you believe aliens have visited Earth? Not in theory, but that its actually happened . In particular intelligent alien lifeforms who ride around in flying objects.

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,390 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:54 PM

Definitely believe there is other life out there in the universe. I have no idea what to believe when it comes to actual encounters. But if there is anyone I am most inclined to trust when it comes to sightings of things that are not of this earth, it's pilots.

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

Ok lets do this. How many of you believe aliens have visited Earth? Not in theory, but that its actually happened . In particular intelligent alien lifeforms who ride around in flying objects.

I fully believe in the existence of aliens.

I'm less than 50/50 of them having visited Earth.

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

I don't really see how anyone can question the existence of aliens.

The Milky Way is a barred spiral galaxy with a diameter between 100,000[30] and 180,000 light-years.[31] The Milky Way is estimated to contain 100–400 billion stars.[32][33]There are probably at least 100 billion planets in the Milky Way.[34][35] The Solar System is located within the disk, about 26,000 light-years from the Galactic Center, on the inner edge of the Orion Arm, one of the spiral-shaped concentrations of gas and dust. The stars in the inner ≈10,000 light-years form a bulge and one or more bars that radiate from the bulge. The very center is marked by an intense radio source, named Sagittarius A*, which is likely to be a supermassive black hole.

So in 1 galaxy, you are looking at 100 billion planets.

Recent estimates of the number of galaxies in the observable universe range from 200 billion (2×1011)[7] to 2 trillion (2×1012) or more,[8][9] containing more stars than all the grains of sand on planet Earth.[10] Most of the galaxies are 1,000 to 100,000 parsecs in diameter and separated by distances on the order of millions of parsecs (or megaparsecs).

And there are 200 billion galaxies in the observable universe.

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

Totally realistic to question if any intelligent life has come here.

I think it would be awfully difficult for any govt to keep things secret if they had.

OTOH, these stories as linked above, and out the last few days... the video of the Navy chasing whatever off the coast of San Diego in '04... you could argue that 'whatever' isn't exactly hiding themselves.

The flip side of that is that if 'whatever' was out there and wanted to announce themselves, they certainly could.

Though if we are being observed by intelligent beings, with the capability of getting here from wherever... we are so low on the evolutionary / technology scale, that we're like ants.  Interesting to observe, but they could recognize that we aren't ready for 'contact.'

FWIW, NASA has been saying lately that we'll find conclusive evidence of Alien existence within 20 years.

Even though we don't have the capabilities of reaching places light-years away, we are coming up with ways which could identify 'life.'

To date... NASA has confirmed 3,500 exoplanets, has another 4,500 candidates, has confirmed 2,600 solar systems.... 900 terrestrial planets.

• BSLMikeLowe and bnickle like this

#13 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:34 PM

I think it would be awfully difficult for any govt to keep things secret if they had.

OTOH, these stories as linked above, and out the last few days... the video of the Navy chasing whatever off the coast of San Diego in '04... you could argue that 'whatever' isn't exactly hiding themselves.

The flip side of that is that if 'whatever' was out there and wanted to announce themselves, they certainly could.

Though if we are being observed by intelligent beings, with the capability of getting here from wherever... we are so low on the evolutionary / technology scale, that we're like ants.  Interesting to observe, but they could recognize that we aren't ready for 'contact.'

FWIW, NASA has been saying lately that we'll find conclusive evidence of Alien existence within 20 years.

Even though we don't have the capabilities of reaching places light-years away, we are coming up with ways which could identify 'life.'

To date... NASA has confirmed 3,500 exoplanets, has another 4,500 candidates, has confirmed 2,600 solar systems.... 900 terrestrial planets.

But if we arent ready for contact then why fly around in objects that can be seen. And how are they able to  avoid  any detection until they  enter low Earth atmosphere but then cant avoid that detection. I do think its overwhelmingly likely that alien lifeform in some form is out there in the universe. If its out there then there is some possibility we've been visited but not  in any way we've been able to detect or find..  

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

But if we arent ready for contact then why fly around in objects that can be seen. And how are they able to  avoid  any detection until they  enter low Earth atmosphere but then cant avoid that detection. I do think its overwhelmingly likely that alien lifeform in some form is out there in the universe. If its out there then there is some possibility we've been visited but not  in any way we've been able to detect or find..  

The only theory I have is that instead of flying down and immediately landing on DC or whatever... is that we've been slowly conditioned to anticipate / accept their arrival / announcement. 

To be more accepting, to freak out less... 

Meh, idk.

When I talk about intelligence in existence in the universe I feel like I'm on firm ground.
When I talk about the possibility of being observed now... I understand for many that comes off as crazy talk.  I don't have firm feelings either way there.

Will say some of the footage around the space station etc seems hard to explain away.

#15 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,390 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

The only theory I have is that instead of flying down and immediately landing on DC or whatever... is that we've been slowly conditioned to anticipate / accept their arrival / announcement. 

Not that I give much thought to it, but I would think if life forms beyond the planet wanted to establish contact with us, they would do it more like in the movie Contact. They'd communicate with us somehow and show us the means to meet on more neutral territory, rather than just showing up here on earth unannounced.

As to why, possibly, we may have encountered them observing us....maybe some have the ability to get here but not to cloak themselves, at least in our atmosphere. And I'm sure there are objects small enough that could enter our atmosphere undetected, especially if they approached at a fast enough speed.

It's fun to think about. I hope if we ever do discover actual life beyond the planet that I'm still around to see it.

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

It's fun to think about. I hope if we ever do discover actual life beyond the planet that I'm still around to see it.

I've thought that as well....  but Hawking's warnings keep playing in my head as well...

https://www.usatoday...-life/90895018/

#17 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:59 PM

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, 
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"

@DJ_McCann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=