• Please log in to reply
657 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,289 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

Had a few extra days to prepare, and nurse existing injuries.

Chance for a road W over a team currently in playoff position.... chance to build off the beating of Miami.

Titans are pretty solid when Mariota is healthy.

BSL: Previewing Week 9 - Ravens at Titans
http://www.baltimore...vens-at-titans/

ESPN: Corey Davis likely to return vs. Ravens; Marcus Mariota back to 100 percent
http://www.espn.com/...ota-100-percent

ESPN: Titans want better timing, more big plays from Marcus Mariota
http://www.espn.com/...-marcus-mariota

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:12 AM

I see this as a L.

We've always played poorly in Tennessee, not that means much now, but it's worth pointing out.

They have a good run game, can we stop the run? Tennessee can do enough through the air to beat you and they get another weapon in Ross back this week.

We need to force some TO's to win this game. Offense will probably be in the 10-17 point range. Maybe the D can get us to 24 and we have a chance.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

Tenn also coming off their bye. Granted we get 3 extra days ourselves.

#4 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

I expected Tenn to be a solid playoff team this year. The likely division winner. They still might end up accomplishing both but they've been very inconsistent this year. Who knows what team we see Sunday. They could blow us out or it could be an ugly 13-10 type game

#5 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Remember this game...

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

Remember this game...

Who could ever forget?

• BSLChrisStoner and GabeFerguson like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,289 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

I expected Tenn to be a solid playoff team this year. The likely division winner. They still might end up accomplishing both but they've been very inconsistent this year. Who knows what team we see Sunday. They could blow us out or it could be an ugly 13-10 type game

Mariota missed 2 weeks, and most of another...  that would impact their consistency.

#8 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

The 2000 reg season game down there was also a classic

#9 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

Mariota missed 2 weeks, and most of another...  that would impact their consistency.

He has only missed a week and a half.  Played the entire 1st half against Houston in which they were trailing 30-14, played none of the second.  Then missed the following week against Miami.  Returned against the Colts.  Played again in their last game against Cleveland where they needed OT to win.  They had a bye last week.

I think the Ravens have an inept offense, but I think they find a way to win this game.  Titans have two big offensive days against the Jags and Seahawks, two very good defenses.  But they've struggled to score recently both with and without Mariota even against some very mediocre defenses.  I think our defense holds them down enough that our offense can scrape across maybe 17 points and find a way to win.  Need to avoid giving up any big plays, if they get one easy score, that might give them more than our offense can overcome.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#10 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:08 PM

The 2000 reg season game down there was also a classic

Dilfer with that INT...

Then comes back to lead the game winning drive.

Man that season was awesome.

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,289 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

They had a bye last week.

Ahh... was said already above, but missed that.

#12 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:09 PM

It's all about Flacco. The Ravens should be able to pass against the Titans, but they clearly need Joe to be under center to take advantage of their shaky secondary.

On D I expect the Ravens to do fairly well. My concern will be containing Mariota because he can make plays with his legs. The Ravens really haven't had to face any QBs with his mobility.

@gabefergy

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

Joe returned to practice today.   Question his play, that is certainly fair, but never question his toughness.

http://www.baltimore...f8-a33e50e735dc

@mikeghg

#14 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

Joe returned to practice today.   Question his play, that is certainly fair, but never question his toughness.

http://www.baltimore...f8-a33e50e735dc

Concussions have nothing to do with toughness.  Sounds like Joe got very lucky and avoided most of the more severe symptoms.  Had he not been as lucky and still was suffering, him not being allowed to play would have zero correlation to whether he is tough or not.

• Icterus galbula, BSLZackKiesel and GabeFerguson like this

#15 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:35 PM

Remember this game...

The game that broke Eddie George.

#16 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,609 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

Concussions have nothing to do with toughness. Sounds like Joe got very lucky and avoided most of the more severe symptoms. Had he not been as lucky and still was suffering, him not being allowed to play would have zero correlation to whether he is tough or not.

1267676262642.gif

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#17 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

Agree on the concussion point, and it seems like Joe wasn't concussed as badly as it might have seemed. He wobbled but maybe that was from the fact his ear was bleeding. Big hits to the head do lead to concussions in folks differently, so to assume that hit would have put him out for 8 weeks or 1 week would have been an assumption I don't think we know the science on. 

But, in Mike's defense Joe is a tough dude in general, and he shows up. I think it's worth pointing out in its own right. That a guy that took a hit to the head, got stitches, from what they said on TV without pain numbers, I'm guessing most likely just in case he could come back in. He is one tough dude, and I think that's something he gets more credit for in the locker room than he gets from fans because they probably know a lot more about the aches and pains. 

He's taken a ton of hits this year, and people can say he's played "scared" or however you want to put it. But he has not shown and unwillingness to take big hits this year while waiting for guys to get open, IMO. 

• Mike B likes this

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

Thanks, I stand by my statement that Joe is tough.  I understand that in today's game, a concussion is a non starter for any player, but Joe took a big hit and is in practice, full bore less than a week later.  The damn guy had his ear stitched up with no pain medicine.  That to me is a tough guy.

He has played behind some bad O lines the last few years has taken some big hits and keeps coming.  Call it what ever you want it, he hangs in there.

I do realize this is the climate where if you say anything good about Joe, you are going to get push back.  

@mikeghg

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,289 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:30 AM

The Tennessean: Titans' DeMarco Murray, Derrick Henry among 3 keys to victory vs. Ravens
http://www.tennessea...vens/813874001/

#20 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:42 AM

Thanks, I stand by my statement that Joe is tough. I understand that in today's game, a concussion is a non starter for any player, but Joe took a big hit and is in practice, full bore less than a week later. The damn guy had his ear stitched up with no pain medicine. That to me is a tough guy.
He has played behind some bad O lines the last few years has taken some big hits and keeps coming. Call it what ever you want it, he hangs in there.
I do realize this is the climate where if you say anything good about Joe, you are going to get push back.

Agreed he's tough. But say day 8 or 9 he still is feeling symptoms (dizziness, headaches, memory loss, etc.). He wouldn't be playing today. Would he be less tough? I think that is Mack's point. Mack of all people wouldn't have an issue paying Joe a compliment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=