#1 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,610 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

Testudo Times is reporting this on twitter.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

Well that didn't take long.
@JeremyMStrain

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

Awesome.

Somehow this must be Edsall's fault. Certainly is his fault that Brown was the starting QB in the first place and not Danny O'Brien.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Just crushing.

#5 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

What are the other options? Maybe someone will step up and surprise.

#6 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Awesome.

Somehow this must be Edsall's fault. Certainly is his fault that Brown was the starting QB in the first place and not Danny O'Brien.

Was actually trying to spin it that way, but it took too much thought. ALTHOUGH, it wouldn't be a problem losing Brown if DOB was here instead of Edsall...just sayin.
@JeremyMStrain

#7 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

What are the other options? Maybe someone will step up and surprise.

My thoughts, wasn't too impressed with him last year to begin with so I'm not going to overreact to this. Don't get me wrong it's not great news at all.
@levineps

#8 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Since I wasn't expecting much, this doesn't really change my outlook for this season.

#9 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Since I wasn't expecting much, this doesn't really change my outlook for this season.

I knew when this broke there would be lots of overreaction. This is a 2-9 team and it's not like CJ was some Heisman Trophy candidate. Anyone who says, "there goes the season" is crazy. There wasn't much hope for this season to begin with.
@levineps

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

I knew when this broke there would be lots of overreaction. This is a 2-9 team and it's not like CJ was some Heisman Trophy candidate. Anyone who says, "there goes the season" is crazy. There wasn't much hope for this season to begin with.

They had the potential for anywhere from 3 to 8 wins. Losing Brown tilts the odds further towards a lost season.

The offense had been built around him for months, and there were plenty of reports of him being improved as a passer. Considering what is behind him, it is not overreaction to say this will impact the team.

We will see how much the rest of the roster can grow from now, through Week 1.

#11 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Having Edsall tilts the odds towards a lost season.
@JeremyMStrain

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Having Edsall tilts the odds towards a lost season.

Another lost year, will make it very hard for Edsall to return, Maryland's lack of athletic department funds be damned.

That said, for as bad as last year was on and off the field for the Terps and Edsall; he should not be regarded as the total joke he is by many Maryland fans. What he did building UConn from nothing to a Top 25 caliber team, was impressive.

Spoke to a fair amount of College analysts last year when he was hired, and publicly and privately they all had glowing things to say about him. Which made Edsall's propensity for shooting himself in the foot last year all the much harder to understand.

#13 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

They had the potential for anywhere from 3 to 8 wins. Losing Brown tilts the odds further towards a lost season.

The offense had been built around him for months, and there were plenty of reports of him being improved as a passer. Considering what is behind him, it is not overreaction to say this will impact the team.

We will see how much the rest of the roster can grow from now, through Week 1.

8 wins? Sorry this is the first place I've seen that. I saw maximum of 6 and likely 4 wins.

Obviously losing your starting QB will impact the team. What I'm saying is it's different when it's a winning team versus a losing team. I just can't get too upset when a losing team is going to be worse.

All this being said, injuries happen, need a Plan B.
@levineps

#14 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

They had the potential for anywhere from 3 to 8 wins.

That's like saying, "The Orioles had the potential for anywhere from 65 to 95 wins."

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

8 wins? Sorry this is the first place I've seen that. I saw maximum of 6 and likely 4 wins.

Obviously losing your starting QB will impact the team. What I'm saying is it's different when it's a winning team versus a losing team. I just can't get too upset when a losing team is going to be worse.

All this being said, injuries happen, need a Plan B.

Before today, I had MD beating W&M, UConn, Wake, and Boston College for 4 wins.

I thought Temple, UVA, NCST, Georgia Tech, and UNC were toss-up type games. I would have taken 3 of those 5, but could have seen 4 as possible.

I'll reevaluate and see where my predictions change.

The predictions for MD have been too low. There is good depth on the D-Line, talent at LB. Better talent than advertised at RB, WR, and TE. Secondary could be passable, and STs figure to be at-least ok. The primary questions were O-line (particularly depth), what Brown would provide at QB, and the overall depth of the entire roster.

#16 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,510 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Wow. Hope he at least can come back next season.

This was a 3 or 4 win team with Brown. Maybe a 1 or 2 win team now. Watching Danny O'Brien play for Wisconsin now is going to be even more painful.

The Sun confirms:

http://www.baltimore...0,4797723.story

#17 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,510 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Another lost year, will make it very hard for Edsall to return, Maryland's lack of athletic department funds be damned.

Actually, it gives Edsall and Anderson a built-in excuse for poor results this season. Even though losing Brown will probably only amount to 1 or 2 more losses than they would have had anyway, IMO. Still, Brown could be an exciting player to watch at times. Seeing either of two kids starting at QB who have only been on campus for a couple weeks....not so much.

#18 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Actually, it gives Edsall and Anderson a built-in excuse for poor results this season. Even though losing Brown will probably only amount to 1 or 2 more losses than they would have had anyway, IMO. Still, Brown could be an exciting player to watch at times. Seeing either of two kids starting at QB who have only been on campus for a couple weeks....not so much.

Excuses don't hold up well against pitchforks and torches. That's what they'll be seeing if the team finishes anywhere short of a bowl, and the fewer wins the more they'll see.

#19 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,510 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Excuses don't hold up well against pitchforks and torches. That's what they'll be seeing if the team finishes anywhere short of a bowl, and the fewer wins the more they'll see.

It was more of a prediction of how they'll spin this at the end of the season. Not suggesting that anyone would, or should, buy it.

#20 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

One can only hope. It was a dark day in MD Sports the days those guys got hired.
@JeremyMStrain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=