• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

The Ringer: NHL Playoffs Round 2 Preview: Depth vs. Power and the Rebirth of Fleury and Stamkos

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:34 AM

CBS Sports: 2018 NHL Playoffs Bracket: Eight teams remain on the road to Stanley Cup Final
https://www.cbssport...nley-cup-final/

CBS Sports: Stanley Cup Playoffs: William Karlsson haunts Martin Jones again, gives Vegas thrilling overtime victory with nasty shot
https://www.cbssport...ith-nasty-shot/

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:29 PM

ESPN: Playoff roundtable: The breakout stars, biggest flops, Stanley Cup Final matchups we want to see and more
http://www.espn.com/...sition-more-nhl

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

The Ringer: NHL Conference Finals Preview: Every Team Has Unsung Heroes

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

SI: Winnipeg Mounts Early Lead, Defeats Vegas in Game 1

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

@WBALPete

Just so happy for the long suffering Vegas Knights fans...

• Dupin likes this

#27 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:28 PM

@WBALPete

Just so happy for the long suffering Vegas Knights fans...

Not sure if this is what the league wants, or if it merits relooking at how expansion teams are done.  My guess is it's what the league wants, if Vegas manages to win in their first year that should solidify a fanbase there.

#28 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:05 AM

I think its bullshit. Shouldn't be possible. NHL is shady and rigged with this stuff. They set that franchise up with a platinum spoon.

#29 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:17 AM

If/when Seattle gets a team don't expect the expansion rules to be so favorable.

#30 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:36 AM

I think its bullshit. Shouldn't be possible. NHL is shady and rigged with this stuff. They set that franchise up with a platinum spoon.

I think Vegas got good enough to make the playoffs with teams looking "sluggish" when playing road games there. Likely players in their mind circled that trip to Vegas as a vacation day. Underestimation early on as well perhaps. 

The Penguins not protecting Fleury only put them over the top and is the #1 reason they are in the finals.

@BSLMikeRandall

#31 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:57 AM

I think Vegas got good enough to make the playoffs with teams looking "sluggish" when playing road games there. Likely players in their mind circled that trip to Vegas as a vacation day. Underestimation early on as well perhaps. 

The Penguins not protecting Fleury only put them over the top and is the #1 reason they are in the finals.

I mean remember we all expected Vegas to take Grubauer, how would that have changed things for them as well as the Caps and the Pens.  Would the Pens have been able to trade Flower for another piece, who would've filled in for the Caps when Holts was slumping or would the slump not have been so pronounced if Nate Schmidt had still been a key piece on the blue line.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=