B&O Brasserie
Brewer's Art
Food Market
City Cafe
Fork & Wrench
Tersiguel's
Sotto Sopra
Gertrude's

Some I've been to recently, some have been a long time ago.

It's a pretty good list but there's some head scratchers in there. Sorry Tersiguel's...I've been there a few times and it's been very hit or miss. I'd replace that with Petite Louie's Bistro.

Glad to see La Cuchara and Puerto 511 getting love. I absolutely loved those restaurants. Clavel too.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:03 AM

Wit and Wisdom being on the list is a joke, especially that high.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,652 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

I need to get to Puerto 511.

Gunther, Thames St, Gnocco, Alma Cocina, Ananda (right by my work) and Fork & Wrench are all places I go to with some regularity.  Really like each of them, well-deserving.

#5 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,543 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

I need to get to Puerto 511.

Gunther, Thames St, Gnocco, Alma Cocina, Ananda (right by my work) and Fork & Wrench are all places I go to with some regularity.  Really like each of them, well-deserving.

Puerto 511 is no frills inside but nice enough to take a date who is a bit adventurous food-wise, the food is delicious and it's BYOB. Definitely one of my faves.

La Cuchara is probably my fave, though, awesome huge menu!

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,543 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:26 AM

Forgot to add

Points South Kitchen

Victoria's Gastro Pub

Black Olive

To the list of places I've eaten.

Points South was good but it kinda felt like a cafeteria. It was a little rough around the edges too.

Victoria's Gastro Pub is the bane of my existence. Hate that place -- it's the worst of Columbia wrapped in a restaurant. Overpriced food and drinks that would be overpriced in Manhattan. IN BUILDING THAT USED TO BE A FUCKING BENNIGANS. I'll also never forget getting a 12 oz pour of a beer served in a 10 ounce glass and after telling the waiter, he insisted it was a 12 oz glass. So I stole the water glass, which was an English Pub glass.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,981 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

I actually like Victoria's for what it is Sean.  Food is okay, not anything special... but that beer list is legit. 

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,981 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

Been to:

Charleston
Ouzo Bay
Cinghiale
Thames Street

Azumi
Woodberry Kitchen
Linwoods
Citron
Cunninghams
Victoria's

Loved Azumi.   Really enjoyed Cunningham's.  Citron is me cheating a bit... was just in their for drinks, but great setting, and interesting looking menu.

#9 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,233 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

On this list, I've been to:

Wit and Wisdom

Gunther and Co.

Blue Hill

Going to Chop House next Friday. A lot of others nearby in Canton/Fells that I should get to.

#10 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:34 PM

I've been to three of these. I went to Wit & Wisdom quite a bit when I worked right across the street. It's...nothing to write home about IMO. 

#11 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,917 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

Everybody should go to Tio Pepe once while it's still around.  Get the garlic shrimp appetizer (along with an entire loaf of bread to dip into the sauce), drink a bunch of Sangria, order the potato puffs off of the secret menu, and get the rockfish with crab meat and champagne sauce.  Then a walnut roll for dessert, maybe with Spanish Coffee.  You'll be happy.  Sure, you'll probably consume 10,000 calories, plus have to wait in the tiny bar area even with reservations, and the waiter might seem a little grumpy, but it's all part of the experience.  Except for smoking, I don't think that place has changed one bit since about 1969, so just pretend you're Don Draper.

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,981 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

What restaurants not on the list do you think should be?

#13 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,543 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

I actually like Victoria's for what it is Sean.  Food is okay, not anything special... but that beer list is legit. 

And way overpriced.

If I want a good beer list I'll go to Phoenix Emporium or even Frisco's

#14 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,543 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

What restaurants not on the list do you think should be?

It's a pretty good list, actually. Hard to find any legit snubs.

I'd say Koco's deserves to make the list just for their crabcakes alone.

And I'd add Petite Louis, Cazbar, Pizza Verde...

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,981 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:17 PM

And way overpriced.

If I want a good beer list I'll go to Phoenix Emporium or even Frisco's

That's certainly fair.

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,981 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:19 PM

It's a pretty good list, actually. Hard to find any legit snubs.

I'd say Koco's deserves to make the list just for their crabcakes alone.

And I'd add Petite Louis, Cazbar, Pizza Verde...

Mama's on the Half Shell isn't some fancy place... but I'd give a vote for them.  Again for what they are. Think they are a great representation of Baltimore.

Was not real excited about Petite Louis when there.  Haven't been to the new location.

Around the corner from me is a hole in the wall place called Artful Gourmet. If it wasn't located in a small strip, it would be much higher regarded.

I'd give a vote for Iron Bridge Wine Company (been awhile since I've been though)...

I liked AIDA Bistro & Wine Bar, but heard the chef / menu h as changed. Like Tark's Grill, their ownership changed in the last year or two. Thought the changes were good.

My number 1 underrated local spot is Grille 620.

#17 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,543 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

Mama's on the Half Shell isn't some fancy place... but I'd give a vote for them.  Again for what they are. Think they are a great representation of Baltimore.

Was not real excited about Petite Louis when there.  Haven't been to the new location.

Good call on Mama's. I agree.

Been a while since I have been to PLB...I just thought they were the better French restaurant when compared to Tersigeuls.

#18 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,652 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

The only ones I've been to that I don't particularly like are Victoria's and Blue Hill Tavern.

Samos in Greektown, Buegrass Tavern in Fed Hill, Black Kettle in Catonsville are a few that jump to mind that would be deserving replacements.

Jack's' Bistro, Langermann's and Darbar are all places that would have been on the list for me, but Jack's and Langermman's just closed and Darbar changed ownership and now stinks.

#19 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,349 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

I agree with Sean about Pizza Verde. There's nothing wrong with having a restaurant that's predominantly a pizza place being on the list. In fact, I would say there's something wrong with excluding a place because it is a pizza place. 

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,981 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

Black Kettle in Catonsville are a few that jump to mind that would be deserving replacements.

Yep, Black Kettle is pretty decent.  Also like Catonsville Gourmet.... do have to bring your own booze if you want to drink though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=