I'll share mine later. 

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

I have a few ride or dies right now. It's too hard to pick just one.

Not sure if cousins count but by cousin is definitely #1. Known each other since infancy, basically. He's the closest thing to a brother I'll ever have.

There's some friends from my days at Charlestown that I've known with since I was 14. They're more like family at this point.

There's one that I work with who's a big O's fan and we've bonded through work, many O's games, happy hours and a trip to Miami for the Ravens/Dolphins game (he's a Dolphins fan)...

And there's one that I met through my wife's work and the ride or die status was cemented when we drove to NOLA for SB47 together during his messy divorce which talking about took up a lot (too much actually) of our drive down there and back. But it was an awesome trip, and we became "Super Bros" after that. Some of the friends from Charlestown went, too.

My Super Bro, his GF, one of the Charlestown Gang and his wife are all going with me and my wife to London, too.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

Grew up in the same neighborhood. Known him since I was 7

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:08 PM

Calling people super bro is a thing?

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

And none of this "my significant other is my best friend" crap, either. LOL

I'll share mine later. 

Met her in college... wife is definitely my best friend.

Past her, all of my best friends (except for one) are from HS.

#6 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

Lame ;)
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#7 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

Met her in college... wife is definitely my best friend.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• BSLChrisStoner and mweb08 like this

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:19 PM

I met my best man at my wedding when I was 18 or 19. I was at his house because I was hanging out with his sister. Long story short, I never made a move because I was a wuss. He later joined the two of us working at Target and then we became great friends and eventually roommates.

A lot of my California friends are from Target or high school.

Out here my best friends are primarily at my school.

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:35 PM

Calling people super bro is a thing?

Only if you go to the Super Bowl with them. Thats where it came from.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

I actually met my best friend through another good friend when I was young. Back in elementary school, we had to walk around a path in back of the school after lunch (some fitness thing, whatever). His friend came over from another school (his family moved to this area a year earlier). We all walked together after lunch and talked. The next year, the mutual friend moved away again, and the two of us ended up on the same baseball team. And we’ve been best friends ever since.

The Pikesville baseball league, about six months later, was actually where I met my OTHER good friend as well, and we’ve been cool ever since. So I’ve known both of them almost 30 years. They were at my wedding, as well as all of my other high points and low points. If you see my fb page, they’re in my profile picture. (Outside of McIver. That’s Pedro’s buddy. :-P)

#11 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:24 PM

I met my best friend at a candy store that was on the corner of our townhouses. The candy store was in a basement (man that would be so sketchy now.) I am only 37 and this sounds like a story from the 50's lol. Anyway we were stereo typical falling for the same neighborhood girl fighting and making up. Both played every sport the other did and we hung out every snow day home from school. Now we both have kids are married and see each other maybe 4 times a year. We can always talk like we just left off and bitch about the O's or the Ravens.
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#12 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

He picked me out of the crowd at the MD SPCA shelter on Falls Rd.

14102598_10206835923756866_6114075531712

• BSLChrisStoner and DJ MC like this

#13 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:11 PM

Mine is a friend from the CG when I was in Fort Myers, FL. His wife is from Perry Hall and went to Towson. The two of them met when he was stationed in Montery, CA, before he came to Fort Myers. Small world I know.

So we already had stuff to talk about. He grew up just north of Tampa and his family is still there. So while in Fort Myers he would host holidays with his family, or go up a couple hours north, and always have me over since my family was back up here.

Always meant a lot to me. Never forgot that. Even his extended family always made me feel right at home when they didn't have to.

They make it up this way to visit her fam once or twice a year and we always get together. He was the best man at my wedding.

I might not be his best friend, as in, if he was getting married I certainly wouldnt be his best man. But he's mine and that's ok.

Actually, is it weird if your best friend isn't yours back?
@BSLMikeRandall

#14 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:35 AM

Yeah, similar to Sean, I'd say my cousin is my best friend.  I'm 2 months younger than him and we've been close all my life.  Best man in each others' weddings, etc.

I've got a few other good ones, mostly from my neighborhood growing up. 

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:19 AM

Same class in 2nd grade, his Dad drafted me and all his other friends for our little league team and we played baseball together for the next several years even though we started going to different schools after 3rd grade.  Still very tight with two of the guys from the team and see another few guys often enough to stay in touch beyond just facebook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=