183 replies to this topic

#161 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 10:42 AM

$1.8 billion in renovations needed?  Are they moving the stadium?

I guess the increase construction material cost. I heard concrete is sky high these days.

#162 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 10:56 AM

Probably not fair to compare to the Raven's stadium.

Might want to read this article:

https://bleacherrepo...-in-renovations

They were built at the same time. Looks like they need to make some repairs...which every stadium needs.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#163 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 11:08 AM

They were built at the same time. Looks like they need to make some repairs...which every stadium needs.

every stadium doesnt need 2B in repairs. and are they parts of Raven stadium that are unsafe and falling apart?

#164 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 11:40 AM

every stadium doesnt need 2B in repairs. and are they parts of Raven stadium that are unsafe and falling apart?

I really don't have a dog in this fight but if two stadiums were built at the same time and one is unsafe and in dire need of billion-dollar repairs, and the other is going strong, there's a problem with how one stadium was built or maintained.

I'm also of the belief that for the cost of these stadiums  they should last for more than 30 years. But maybe that is a combination of me getting older and starting to feel like 30 years isn't that long and applying Baltimore's stadiums, and classics like Fenway, Soldier Field, Lambeau, etc. to the entire pro sports landscape.

• Old Man likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#165 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 11:58 AM

I really don't have a dog in this fight but if two stadiums were built at the same time and one is unsafe and in dire need of billion-dollar repairs, and the other is going strong, there's a problem with how one stadium was built or maintained.

I'm also of the belief that for the cost of these stadiums  they should last for more than 30 years. But maybe that is a combination of me getting older and starting to feel like 30 years isn't that long and applying Baltimore's stadiums, and classics like Fenway, Soldier Field, Lambeau, etc. to the entire pro sports landscape.

As OPACY is holding up very well.

Maybe we can credit the Maryland Stadium Authority for this as they manage both locations.

#166 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 18 October 2022 - 12:31 PM

Seems like it was a combination of subpar construction and lack of proper maintenance for Nashville. Those photos are awful. If it truly would take $1.8B to fix that place, might as well just start over for $300M more. But get it right this time, and maintain the place.

A quick search revealed that while they opened just a year apart, M&T cost $76M more to construct. Some of that greater expense is probably things like the brick façade and the bigger video boards, which very few stadiums back then had. I would imagine construction/labor costs in MD were higher than in Tennessee too. But Kudos to the MSA for making sure those two stadiums have a long life.

• Old Man likes this

#167 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 03:41 PM

CBS Sports: Titans rookie Malik Willis to make first NFL start as team downgrades Ryan Tannehill to out vs. Texans

https://www.cbssport...-out-vs-texans/

#168 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 08 December 2022 - 01:26 PM

The Ringer: The Titans Fired Their GM. What’s Next?

#169 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 01:47 AM

Might as well give Malik Willis a shot in these coming weeks to show what he can do. Even if the Titans hold on and win the pathetic AFC South, they're likely to be one-and-done in the postseason.

#170 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 02:21 PM

Might as well give Malik Willis a shot in these coming weeks to show what he can do. Even if the Titans hold on and win the pathetic AFC South, they're likely to be one-and-done in the postseason.

Disagree. Tannehill gives them the best chance to win and they are in first place. They'll get a home game and then anything can happen.

But I agree...they're not very good. Just silly to suggest they bench their QB in the middle of a playoff hunt where they control their own destiny.

• Mackus likes this

#171 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 08:34 PM

With the 11th overall pick...the Titans take OT Peter Skoronski

#172 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 July 2023 - 02:56 PM

Sounds like they won the DeAndre Hopkins sweepstakes.

#173 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 July 2023 - 04:59 PM

Good for them. Keep him out of the AFC north

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#174 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 31 August 2023 - 08:26 AM

The Ringer: Mike Vrabel Is Becoming a Coaching Legend—Through His Yells and His Hugs

#175 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 09 January 2024 - 12:33 PM

Schefter / ESPN: 

Titans fired head coach Mike Vrabel, per sources.
Vrabel led Tennessee to four consecutive winning seasons after arriving in 2018, but the Titans have experienced back-to-back frustrating seasons, finishing multiple games under .500 both times.

#176 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 09 January 2024 - 12:37 PM

Good coach. I dont like him but I think he would be a great fit in SD. He will fit anywhere really but he'd prob do real well in SD. Theyve always just needed a guy to come in and shape things up

#177 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 09 January 2024 - 12:49 PM

Vrabel will get snapped up right away.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#178 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 January 2024 - 12:58 PM

There was speculation that he and their new GM didn’t see eye to eye.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he and Arthur Smith team up to lead NE.

#179 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 09 January 2024 - 02:21 PM

There was speculation that he and their new GM didn’t see eye to eye.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he and Arthur Smith team up to lead NE.

There were rumors yesterday that Vrabel would interested in the Patriots' job should it come open. If nothing else, Vrabel's firing certainly does add another wrinkle in the Belichick saga with regards to New England. Since Vrabel was fired, his contract is now void and any team interested in hiring him would not owe compensation as a result. That could make him more attractive.

There's also the case of Jerod Mayo, the current Patriot linebackers coach who is said to be the tsarevich in New England should they part ways with Belichick. New England even signed him to an extension last offseason to keep him in the fold after several teams inquired about his availability for various job openings. (Cincinnati reportedly wanted him as their DC, and Carolina was interested in interviewing them for their head coach position.) 

Hiring Vrabel would most likely sever the relationship between the Patriots and Mayo, creating a messy situation that ownership had better be ready to deal with.

#180 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 10 January 2024 - 10:44 AM

There were rumors yesterday that Vrabel would interested in the Patriots' job should it come open. If nothing else, Vrabel's firing certainly does add another wrinkle in the Belichick saga with regards to New England. Since Vrabel was fired, his contract is now void and any team interested in hiring him would not owe compensation as a result. That could make him more attractive.

There's also the case of Jerod Mayo, the current Patriot linebackers coach who is said to be the tsarevich in New England should they part ways with Belichick. New England even signed him to an extension last offseason to keep him in the fold after several teams inquired about his availability for various job openings. (Cincinnati reportedly wanted him as their DC, and Carolina was interested in interviewing them for their head coach positiion.) 

Hiring Vrabel would most likely sever the relationship between the Patriots and Mayo, creating a messy situation that ownership had better be ready to deal with.

Was thinking it would be McDaniels with Mayo getting the DC job. But now that Vrabel is on the table so to speak, I could see Vrabel with McDaniels as OC instead, maybe Mayo as DC, but you know a year or two of that and someone will hire him, so they've got to be ok with losing him in the long term.

I doubt he's ready to make the jump all the way to HC right now like Pierce did. AP was like an extra coach when he was on the field. If LV somehow botches giving him the job and WAS doesn't jump on that I will be really disappointed. I'd even be open to Vrabel, he's spoken very highly of around the league.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=