183 replies to this topic

#121 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 08 October 2020 - 08:00 AM

Another Titans positive.

Make them forfeit, lose their first and second round draft picks.

• The Epic likes this

#122 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 09:24 AM

Another Titans positive.

Make them forfeit, lose their first and second round draft picks.

I mean, considering every other team that has had positive tests, have isolated then to just a few. And the Titans have been constantly getting positives every day, its obvious they haven't followed protocols. Drop the hammer and send the message.
  • The Epic and Mike in STL like this

#123 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 October 2020 - 10:21 AM

Yep. Gotta send a message to these AHoles. Or they're going to end up ruining it for everyone else. 

• The Epic and Mike in STL like this

#124 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 10:54 AM

The NFL sent a memo and in it they said forfeiting games was a possibility.  The question is do they make them forfeit both games missed, or just one?   How do you justify handing Buffalo a forfeit win when you could have done the same last week for Pittsburgh?  Penalizing the Titans is no big issue since they violated the protocols, but you will also be benefitting one or both teams they were supposed to play.  I'm sure NE won't appreciate having Buffalo simply given a win anymore than Baltimore would appreciate Pittsburgh being given a win.  I think the NFL should seriously think about eliminating the week between the conference championships and the SB and using it as a catch all before they start handing out forfeit wins to teams.  

#125 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 10:58 AM

The NFL sent a memo and in it they said forfeiting games was a possibility. The question is do they make them forfeit both games missed, or just one? How do you justify handing Buffalo a forfeit win when you could have done the same last week for Pittsburgh? Penalizing the Titans is no big issue since they violated the protocols, but you will also be benefitting one or both teams they were supposed to play. I'm sure NE won't appreciate having Buffalo simply given a win anymore than Baltimore would appreciate Pittsburgh being given a win. I think the NFL should seriously think about eliminating the week between the conference championships and the SB and using it as a catch all before they start handing out forfeit wins to teams.

Yeah. Perhaps a warning shot, then it’s forfeits. So Steelers Titans could play week 7 as scheduled now. If not, it’s a forfeit. Schedule a week “18” if you will as a backup if missed games have playoff implications. After 2nd missed game is a forfeit.
@BSLMikeRandall

#126 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:23 PM

Titans should have to retroactively forfeit last year's playoffs just for extra punishment if you ask me

• Mike in STL likes this

she/her

#127 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 04:35 PM

It depends on how much of the team and coaching staff was involved.

A hefty fine and suspension of all players involved would be appropriate if it was just a few guys. If it involved most of the team or coaching staff? Loss of draft picks and an assurance that forfeitures are sure to come.

#128 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:41 AM

CBS Sports: Titans' Taylor Lewan suffers potential torn ACL in Week 6 win vs. Texans, per report
https://www.cbssport...ans-per-report/

#129 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 08:26 AM

The Ringer: The Titans Bet Big on Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill. It’s Paying Off in 2020.

#130 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 08:13 PM

Henry tops 2,000 rushing yards in Titans' victory

#131 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:03 PM

Farley to the Titans at 22.

#132 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 04:05 PM

ESPN: Atlanta Falcons trade Julio Jones to Tennessee Titans

https://www.espn.com...urs-sources-say

In exchange for Jones, the Titans will send a 2022 second-round draft pick and a 2023 fourth-round selection to the Falcons. Along with Jones, the Falcons will send a 2023 sixth-round pick to the Titans.

#133 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 05:32 PM

Feels like Atlanta did not get what they said their original asking price was.  A second and moving up 2 rounds for a #1 receiver.  I don't know if the Ravens could afford the salary, but I certainly think they could have afforded the draft picks.  

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#134 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 07:20 PM

IMO, as an outside observer (Bucs fan), Jones is exactly what the win-now mode Ravens needed. 

#135 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:06 PM

Jones has incredible value in the 2022 and 2023 seasons if his play doesn’t completely fall off a cliff. Paired with AJ Brown, should be just as potent as he and Ridley were.

If this was the asking price I’m definitely making the deal if I’m the Ravens.

According to OTC, the Ravens have $9.7M in cap space. Looks like before Julio is added in, TEN sits at $3.3M in space, meaning some major restructuring will go on on their part. The Ravens may not have had to do much to get Jones’ $15.3M hit under the cap.
@BSLMikeRandall

#136 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:09 PM

I'd have done this deal. Just rework Jones' deal and you can get him down to about $6-7M against the cap pretty easily. Rework some others to get the extra space you'll need to carry for the season.

#137 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:24 PM

I guess my only hiccup would be how does he perform in the cold? His road splits are just as good if not better than his cozy Atlanta dome splits. But against the AFC North and NFC North he hasn’t been as good, but some of those of course were home games, or could have been in September on the road. But it would take me quite a while to find out what games he played in cold weather and how he did. I’m sure the Ravens did their diligence here. Perhaps if they felt Julio would not have been productive in Buffalo, KC, PIT, CLE, or even here in Baltimore in December or January, then I would understand passing.
@BSLMikeRandall

#138 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 07:13 AM

The Ringer: Julio Jones Creates an Offense of Goliaths in Tennessee

#139 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:08 AM

Feels like Atlanta did not get what they said their original asking price was.  A second and moving up 2 rounds for a #1 receiver.  I don't know if the Ravens could afford the salary, but I certainly think they could have afforded the draft picks.  

It could have come down to, here's the pick but you need to accept the money. Atlanta needed to get money to sign their picks. Paying most of his salary wouldn't do it.

#140 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:09 AM

I'd have done this deal. Just rework Jones' deal and you can get him down to about $6-7M against the cap pretty easily. Rework some others to get the extra space you'll need to carry for the season.

Jones did not want to rework his deal. He wanted his full salary for this season.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=