62 replies to this topic

#41 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:50 AM

Kris Benson was the #1 overall pick. I don't think Wilson spikes those types of memories.

Maine seems reasonable though. Someone with underwhelming pure stuff but decent pitchability and use of several pitches. Hopefully Wilson can have a bit better command than Maine, he'll need to if he wants to be successful.

#42 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:10 PM

What about his wife though?

(For real, is the consensus that he'll be sent down the minute we're sure Tillman is ok?)

#43 Matt_P

Matt_P

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

I'd imagine that Wilson is sent down tonight regardless. Os will use a reliever in his place and figure out Friday on Friday. Worse comes to worst, the Os put Tillman on the DL and use that to bring Wilson back.

If he survives today then that would be interesting.

• Mackus likes this

#44 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

I'd imagine that Wilson is sent down tonight regardless. Os will use a reliever in his place and figure out Friday on Friday. Worse comes to worst, the Os put Tillman on the DL and use that to bring Wilson back.

Don't forget about the off day.  They don't *need* Tillman to start on Friday.  They can use someone on regular rest (Ubaldo, I think).

• Matt_P likes this

@fuzydunlop

#45 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,562 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

Don't forget about the off day.  They don't *need* Tillman to start on Friday.  They can use someone on regular rest (Ubaldo, I think).

Ubaldo is the other option? Yeah we need Tillman to start Friday...

Obviously Wilson isn't a 2.19 ERA pitcher, especially with a 7/5 K/BB ratio but what's his upside? Passable 5th/spot starter, solid long to middle relief?

#46 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:16 PM

Kris Benson was the #1 overall pick. I don't think Wilson spikes those types of memories.

Maine seems reasonable though. Someone with underwhelming pure stuff but decent pitchability and use of several pitches. Hopefully Wilson can have a bit better command than Maine, he'll need to if he wants to be successful.

Josh Towers is another who come to mind when I see Wilson.  Similar build.  I think Wilson throws a bit harder.  I met Wilson's family in Sarasota this spring.  Nice people, and very proud.  I hope Tyler does well.

• BSLChrisStoner and JordanKough like this
@mikeghg

#47 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

Josh Towers is another who come to mind when I see Wilson.  Similar build.  I think Wilson throws a bit harder.  I met Wilson's family in Sarasota this spring.  Nice people, and very proud.  I hope Tyler does well.

Geez I was thinking the exact same thing when reading the Maine comp. I always liked Towers, but those control guys really can't miss their spots...ever. 

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:53 PM

Nice work from Wilson after the rain delay.

#49 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:55 AM

Nice work from Wilson after the rain delay.

He knows what to do and he knows how to do it... dunno if he has enough arm, but it will be easy rooting for him while we find out...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#50 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:08 AM

MASN: Wrapping up the Orioles’ 8-3 win over Kansas City
http://www.masnsport...ansas-city.html

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:31 AM

MASN: Wrapping up a 7-0 loss

http://www.masnsport...7-0-loss-1.html

Here’s manager Buck Showalter:

On Wilson: “I thought he was pretty good period. He had a wet ball that he couldn’t get a grip on. He did his part. He was good. He pitched well. We just didn’t score any runs. It’s one of those nights where if even at three, if we can score some ... I choose to look at the outing like it really was. He was good. We’ll take that.”

#52 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:27 PM

Another good start for Wilson.  The stuff seems questionable, but does seem like he knows what he is doing.  Actually reminds me of Miguel, though I thought Gonzalez's stuff was a bit better.

#53 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:44 PM

Another good start for Wilson.  The stuff seems questionable, but does seem like he knows what he is doing.  Actually reminds me of Miguel, though I thought Gonzalez's stuff was a bit better.

Wilson reminds me of Josh Towers.  

His control is what could make him successful.

@mikeghg

#54 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:05 PM

6/16 @ Boston: 8 ip, 3 hits, 0 er, 1 bb, 6 k's....

#55 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:28 PM

6/16 @ Boston: 8 ip, 3 hits, 0 er, 1 bb, 6 k's....

Yes, he benefited from some key D plays... but he also made lots of great pitches too...  

He knows what he's doing... he just doesn't have any amazing pitches to rely on... his success is a triumph of craftsmanship over the limitations of his arm....

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#56 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:00 PM

Wow, that was amazing... and we'll timed.

#57 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:07 PM

Terrific effort by Wilson.

Rests the BP with red hot Jays coming in.

Wilson is never going to wow you with his stuff, but he can locate and may grow into the role of a solid starter.

Anyone else listen to his interview, what a great kid.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#58 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:55 PM

Well...he got through five, though I thought they should have gotten him out once the go-ahead run was up.

#59 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,464 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

Well...he got through five, though I thought they should have gotten him out once the go-ahead run was up.

Think Buck just decided to squeeze as much as possible out of him after the hot start.

#60 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

Think Buck just decided to squeeze as much as possible out of him after the hot start.

I think so, too...I just don't agree with it. It seemed pretty evident that he was cooked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=