#321 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,720 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 14 March 2023 - 05:23 PM

AS had a nice diving catch running in on a ball the other day too.

#322 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 07:50 AM

His OPS is up to .783.

#323 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 08:41 PM

Homer number 25 tonight.

#324 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 August 2023 - 08:50 PM

On a tear. Good for him. A rule 5 guy who is now a key contributor on the best team in the American League.

#325 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 08:56 PM

On a tear. Good for him. A rule 5 guy who is now a key contributor on the best team in the American League.

He was a talented prospect who got squeezed out and Cleveland probably thought they could get away without protecting.

My theory is that had he not been R5, is that he would have climbed the prospect charts in the Minors and generally been more highly regarded / appreciated by fans.

The Orioles have a lot of options on the cusp of ML time; but good on Tony for controlling what he can control.
  • You Play to Win the Game, Mike B and CantonJester like this

#326 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 06:48 AM

Thrilled for Tony. Such a great guy and you can see he loves the game. 

• Mike B likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#327 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 August 2023 - 07:51 AM

Thrilled for Tony. Such a great guy and you can see he loves the game. 

His teammates seam to love him.  That says a lot.  

@mikeghg

#328 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 August 2023 - 07:57 AM

He was a talented prospect who got squeezed out and Cleveland probably thought they could get away without protecting.

My theory is that had he not been R5, is that he would have climbed the prospect charts in the Minors and generally been more highly regarded / appreciated by fans.

The Orioles have a lot of options on the cusp of ML time; but good on Tony for controlling what he can control.

Tony became the guy some fans like to beat on, but he has been one of the Orioles best players for a couple of years now, and I think some don't want to admit they were wrong.  

I think he is probably the Oriole that other teams fear the most right now.  When he goes on one of his tears, like he is now, he is fun to watch.

He has become a professional hitter.  The homerun obviously was a great result last night, but that entire at bat was terrific.  The pitcher was using different arm angles and speeds but could not put him away.  I thought about 7 or 8 pitches in, Santander had him.  He finally left a pitch down the middle and Santander did not miss.

He is a very good player, and will probably be the first flash point to watch in regards to keeping our good players.

• weird-O likes this
@mikeghg

#329 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,720 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 01 September 2023 - 01:29 PM

He is a very good player, and will probably be the first flash point to watch in regards to keeping our good players.

Not too interested in putting the cart before the horse here in September, but if I was Steve Cohen I'd want Santander and Urias on the Mets next year.  Probably 2-3 more teams (White Sox) in that boat too.  Final year of ARB, probably get 12-14M and there a community that argues for the younger players.

#330 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 September 2023 - 01:32 PM

Not too interested in putting the cart before the horse here in September, but if I was Steve Cohen I'd want Santander and Urias on the Mets next year.  Probably 2-3 more teams (White Sox) in that boat too.  Final year of ARB, probably get 12-14M and there a community that argues for the younger players.

Screw Steve Cohen.  I want Santander on the Orioles next year, unless we get high value for him.

• NewMarketSean, DuffMan and BSLSteveBirrer like this
@mikeghg

#331 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 01 September 2023 - 02:12 PM

Tony Taters is a clubhouse favorite. You can't expect to trade these guys away without there being some kind of effect on the team outside of production. Plus what I have seen from Cowser so far doesn't lead me to believe he can come close to filling in for him in RF either.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#332 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 September 2023 - 02:14 PM

If you guys think Taters or anyone else is getting paid by Angelos because they're a "clubhouse favorite", you've got some major disappointments coming. People show you who they are. John Angelos certainly has. Don't ignore it, prepare yourself. And just enjoy the baseball.

#333 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 01 September 2023 - 02:17 PM

If you guys think Taters or anyone else is getting paid because they're a "clubhouse favorite", you've got some major disappointments coming. People who you who they are. John Angelos certainly has. Don't ignore it, prepare yourself. And just enjoy the baseball.

He'd get paid because he's a good player, which he has been.

Pay him arb this offseason and then I don't know be the owner of a friggin good team and sign the guy to a team-friendly deal and if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out.

#334 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,720 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 01 September 2023 - 02:46 PM

Pay him arb this offseason and then I don't know be the owner of a friggin good team and sign the guy to a team-friendly deal and if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out.

The point being his salary drives him to another team, given the Orioles approach.

#335 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 01 September 2023 - 02:51 PM

My guess is Santander, who will turn 30 about a month before he can declare FA, will sign a deal that makes sense for him, not necessarily Baltimore. 

#336 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 01 September 2023 - 02:59 PM

I'd be a bit surprised if Santander is the first guy that Angelos and Elias decide to pay.

#337 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 07 September 2023 - 09:20 AM

1.138 OPS in his last 15 games, 125 OPS+ for the season that puts him in the top 30 among qualified hitters

• Mike B likes this

she/her

#338 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 September 2023 - 09:37 AM

Anthony has proved a lot of people wrong.  He is an impact bat in the middle of a good Orioles lineup.  It will be interesting to see how this off season plays out.

@mikeghg

#339 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 07 September 2023 - 12:21 PM

Incredibly streaky player but when he’s hot he’s nuclear.

#340 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 19 February 2024 - 11:19 AM

MASN: Santander: “I think we’re in a great position to compete and go further this postseason”

https://www.masnspor.../blog/santander

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=