6459 replies to this topic

#5941 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:02 PM

WFT is the best of a bad division.  They don't deserve to make the playoffs, but they do deserve it more than the other 3.  Like I said earlier, shut up Giants and fans, you were 6-10.

The most aggravating thing about last night was Collingsworth.  He is awful and he was fueling some of the crap we are hearing today.

It was when he went on a 3 minute lecture where he told me that Hurts was shockingly accurate - just his timing was off.  So, you see - he threw the ball in the PERFECT spot, but since his timing was off it just didn't get there when the receiver was there.  But man...was that ball thrown to the wrong spot with perfect accuracy!  And the thing is...I kind of think he actually meant it!  This was the point where he lost me for good.

#5942 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:21 PM

The amusing thing to me, is how fast Doug Pederson went from genius coach to idiot.  I talked to a buddy of mine in Philly and he said the talk shows have been taking calls today wanting to can him.

I would say only in Philly but we had people wanting to can Harbs at 6-5

@mikeghg

#5943 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:25 PM

The amusing thing to me, is how fast Doug Pederson went from genius coach to idiot.  I talked to a buddy of mine in Philly and he said the talk shows have been taking calls today wanting to can him.

I would say only in Philly but we had people wanting to can Harbs at 6-5

This is why I don't listen to sports radio. There are way more idiot sports fans out there than you'd ever imagine after being on a site like this. This is like the 1% when it comes to sports conversation. You get into the masses, and it gets ugly.

For us WFT fans, it's like when they win 2 games and they start screaming SUPER BOWL!!!

@JeremyMStrain

#5944 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:35 PM

Giants 6-10 record aside, what Pederson did last night was pretty horse crap. I think he deserves every second of the criticisms he's gotten since the moment he pulled Hurts. And yet the Redskins still BARELY beat them. Even fumbled twice late but recovered both of them. Front four won't matter much next weekend I'm guessing, they barely won vs a team with bad QB play all night, that kept shoving the game in their hands. Next week they face an actual QB.

#5945 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:40 PM

I thought the Eagles going for it on 4th and goal from the 4 instead of kicking the game tying field goal early in the 4th quarter was also kind of questionable.

• Mike B likes this

#5946 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:45 PM

I thought the Eagles going for it on 4th and goal from the 4 instead of kicking the game tying field goal early in the 4th quarter was also kind of questionable.

That was the one moment I thought is really hard to sell as trying to actually win.

Let's be real, you can never prove actual tanking, short of rolling the ball to the defenders as they come at you. But it was in their best interest for them to lose. And it did give them a chance both to see Hurts play some more, and he is NO WHERE NEAR the slam dunk people are making him out to be, and to see if Sudfeld could handle being his backup.

I bet there's a LOT of conversation of if they trade Wentz or not this offseason, or if they try to get a QB back for him as well.

@JeremyMStrain

#5947 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:02 PM

Going for it on 4th and goal from the 4 seems like it would fall on the side of trying to win more so than tanking. 

That play was another example of what's being discussed on here as well, which is Hurts was pretty bad in that game. He had a great opportunity for a TD there.

#5948 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:12 PM

Going for it on 4th and goal from the 4 seems like it would fall on the side of trying to win more so than tanking. 

That play was another example of what's being discussed on here as well, which is Hurts was pretty bad in that game. He had a great opportunity for a TD there.

Yeah, I think it's just that it was the kind of play call made by a team with nothing to lose...  which is what Philly was, but since the outcome of the game affected other teams, maybe they shouldn't have been playing like that.

On the other hand, I'm happy that Washington made the playoffs, so whatever.  Screw the Giants, sorry it wasn't the Cowboys.

#5949 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:14 PM

Yeah, I think it's just that it was the kind of play call made by a team with nothing to lose...  which is what Philly was, but since the outcome of the game affected other teams, maybe they shouldn't have been playing like that.

Yet I don't think that play call hurt their chance to win the game.

#5950 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:19 PM

Yet I don't think that play call hurt their chance to win the game.

I guess, but if Philly had been playing for a chance at the postseason I don't think they make that call.  I think it's 100% that they kick the FG and let the Washington offense continue to step on rakes.

#5951 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:36 PM

I guess, but if Philly had been playing for a chance at the postseason I don't think they make that call.  I think it's 100% that they kick the FG and let the Washington offense continue to step on rakes.

Maybe, maybe not. They do love to go for it on 4th down. 

Either way, I wouldn't die on the hill of a team being more aggressive than usual, since teams as a rule are overly conservative.

#5952 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:59 PM

I agree that Hurts wasn't exactly looking like Tom Brady in his prime, but he did bring the Eagles back from 10-0 when it looked like the hadn't bothered to show up.  And he really was their best chance for winning.  Sudfeld was awful.  He turned the ball over twice in his first 5 plays.  Again, I don't think a 6-10 Giants team has that much right to complain, but given the situation it sure looked like Pederson wasn't interested in giving his team the best chance to win.   

#5953 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 10:31 AM

Washington's last playoff win was 15 years ago today, coincidentally against TB.

Washington's last playoff win featured Sean Taylor, Clinton Portis and Santana Moss - The Washington Post

#5954 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:11 PM

Washington’s Ron Rivera is the longest-tenured head coach in the NFC East (1 year, 10 days)

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#5955 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:23 PM

This is why I don't listen to sports radio. There are way more idiot sports fans out there than you'd ever imagine after being on a site like this. This is like the 1% when it comes to sports conversation. You get into the masses, and it gets ugly.

For us WFT fans, it's like when they win 2 games and they start screaming SUPER BOWL!!!

lol, and look at all those prize sport junkies working at 105.7, guys like Vinny that claim they know all about the NFL. he cant even get on the radio where he was working, he had to go north.

Im not a fan of Harbs, but the fandom in this town is crazy, they lose a couple of games and its fire Harbs, they win a couple of games, its like print the super bowl tickets. I think Harbs inherited a team that was pretty well built for him when he arrived and that helped his success record.

I was a WFT long before George Allen made them respectable, and then Joe Gibbs-I won a ton of games and a few superbowl visits and made then a pretty strong contender and then a long dry spell.

#5956 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:27 PM

Washington’s Ron Rivera is the longest-tenured head coach in the NFC East (1 year, 10 days)

That really is incredible,but firing coaches is what the NFL does, with the exception of some of the more stable franchises.

@mikeghg

#5957 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:41 PM

McCarthy is two days short of 1 year!

Roll Tide

#5958 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:41 PM

That really is incredible,but firing coaches is what the NFL does, with the exception of some of the more stable franchises.

Its more along the lines, what have youve done lately mentality.  

#5959 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:21 PM

The Washington Post ranks all 22 seasons in the Snyder era, from least to most fun.

Ranking Washington football seasons in the Daniel Snyder era from least to most fun - The Washington Post

#5960 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:28 PM

So much competition on the most fun side of the spectrum!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=