6460 replies to this topic

#5921 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 04:15 PM

I think Haskins is going to need to rehab his attitude.  Once word gets around the league, offers do not come easily.  Example, has anyone seen Earl Thomas on a field lately?

I would think that being cut after crapping the bed in the biggest game of his career should wake this kid up.

He's young and has a first round pedigree.

Frankly, most of his issues are related to his immaturity.

He's hurt himself after being given multiple chances.

I think he'll resurface in the NFL.

John Gruden probably thinks he can make Haskins a star,

<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#5922 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 December 2020 - 04:36 PM

I would think that being cut after crapping the bed in the biggest game of his career should wake this kid up.

He's young and has a first round pedigree.

Frankly, most of his issues are related to his immaturity.

He's hurt himself after being given multiple chances.

I think he'll resurface in the NFL.

John Gruden probably thinks he can make Haskins a star,

You'd think that after the SECOND biggest game of his career...which he proceeded to go out clubbing, and came back the following week and dropped that turd of a game in the biggest game.

• russsnyder likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5923 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 04:39 PM

Bout sums it up...

https://twitter.com/...996595117973504

• BSLChrisStoner and russsnyder like this
@JeremyMStrain

#5924 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 07:52 AM

You'd think that after the SECOND biggest game of his career...which he proceeded to go out clubbing, and came back the following week and dropped that turd of a game in the biggest game.

NFL players have been involved with major law breaking controversies off the field, and get 2nd chances.

Haskins will get one. Maybe close to league min to redeem himself.

#5925 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 January 2021 - 08:35 PM

Eagles acting like they could care less

@mikeghg

#5926 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 11:29 PM

I think if I am the NY Giants, I can't wait for the first game against the Eagles next year.  The decision to take Hurts out and put Sudfeld in ended that game.  I get that the Eagles had nothing to play for and they don't owe anyone anything, but with the playoffs on the line you should at least put the effort out there.  The Eagles team put the effort in, the coaching staff waved the white flag and gave up.  

#5927 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:14 AM

I think if I am the NY Giants, I can't wait for the first game against the Eagles next year.  The decision to take Hurts out and put Sudfeld in ended that game.  I get that the Eagles had nothing to play for and they don't owe anyone anything, but with the playoffs on the line you should at least put the effort out there.  The Eagles team put the effort in, the coaching staff waved the white flag and gave up.  

To be fair - Hurts was 7-20 for 72 yards.  I know Collinsworth & Co thought he was amazing last night, but he really wasn't.  He did a few nice things.  He could move.  But if I'm the coaching staff, I don't head into the offseason knowing that he's "the guy".

#5928 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:59 AM

(1) Sporting News on Twitter: "The Washington Post and Philadelphia Inquirer headlines are perfect https://t.co/11512uIsH9" / Twitter

#5929 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:27 AM

Happy for Alex Smith, who IMO is the best story in the NFL this year.

But I really wanted to see the Giants get in at 6-10.  That would have been fun.

• BobPhelan and Mike B like this

#5930 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:45 AM

Happy for Alex Smith, who IMO is the best story in the NFL this year.

But I really wanted to see the Giants get in at 6-10.  That would have been fun.

I feel the same way.  I never say anything good about The Football Team, but I have a lot of respect for Alex Smith.  I did want to see the Giants get in at 6-10 just for the comedy of it all, but Collingsworth babbling all night about the Giants like they actually belonged killed that.

@mikeghg

#5931 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:52 AM

To me, it was pretty unprofessional by the Eagles and their coaching staff.  If you send your first string out to start the game, then play to win.  Who the hell is Sudfeld and why did he need to play?

@mikeghg

#5932 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:54 AM

I thought this exchange was funny.

https://theeagleswir...ot-eagles-loss/

Let's be honest, the whole division stinks, and no one deserved a play off spot but someone has to make it.

Giant fans shut up, your team was 6-10.

@mikeghg

#5933 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:01 PM

If they had fully intended on tanking they would have started Sudfeld from the start and said there was no risk in getting Hurts hurt in a meaningless game when they need to see if Sudfeld can be the backup next year.

I really do believe them when they said that was their intent, it makes a lot of sense when thinking about the Wentz debacle. Do you just need to remove one? Do you need to remove two and add a higher level backup because Hurts is so young still?

Hurts was a RB in at QB yesterday, he was giving up on the pass way too fast. Given, some of that was because he had Young and Sweat all over him all night, but still...his passing was a work in progress at best. Gotta figure out the overall QB situation if you're going to try to trade Wentz.

You also have to remember, the Eagles suck. Just like the Giants suck and shouldn't be complaining. Had they won even 7 games this year they'd have been in, you don't get to bitch and whine at 6-10 when the Colts were 10-6 and didn't make it. WFT sucks too, none of them deserve to be in there, but have no fear, they'll get schooled next week and go home and people can stop crying, just like would have happened to ANY NFC East team next week.

@JeremyMStrain

#5934 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,359 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:10 PM

This is being somewhat overblown imo because as has been pointed out, Hurts wasn't exactly setting the world on fire either. Also, one of the turnovers was due to a bad shotgun snap more so than a change at QB.

Still weird though.

Btw Jeremy, I wouldn't be shocked to see Washington beat Tompa Bay. Brandy's achilles heel is pressure from just the front four, which is Washington's strength. The problem for the Football Team though, is even if the D has a good game, it's hard to expect all that much from the offense.

#5935 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:23 PM

This is being somewhat overblown imo because as has been pointed out, Hurts wasn't exactly setting the world on fire either. Also, one of the turnovers was due to a bad shotgun snap more so than a change at QB.

Still weird though.

Btw Jeremy, I wouldn't be shocked to see Washington beat Tompa Bay. Brandy's achilles heel is pressure from just the front four, which is Washington's strength. The problem for the Football Team though, is even if the D has a good game, it's hard to expect all that much from the offense.

SHHHHH don't jinx it!!!

I've thought the exact same thing. If anything is going to give Brady trouble it's going to be that front 4, and if they can keep it close, there's a legit shot. But yeah like you said, with Alex looking like 60% out there and Gibson banged up, the offense is going to have an uphill battle. Let's hope Evans is out again at least and maybe we get healthier and lucky.

@JeremyMStrain

#5936 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 03:17 PM

To be fair - Hurts was 7-20 for 72 yards.  I know Collinsworth & Co thought he was amazing last night, but he really wasn't.  He did a few nice things.  He could move.  But if I'm the coaching staff, I don't head into the offseason knowing that he's "the guy".

He was also only 2 of 12 when they took him out. He looks good in spurts then flames out like in the Cowboys game.

#5937 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 04:07 PM

He was also only 2 of 12 when they took him out. He looks good in spurts then flames out like in the Cowboys game.

Right.  He just doesn't look like a long term solution at QB.  Despite Collinsowrth gushing over his accuracy all night (again - dude went 7-20).  Granted, Sudfeld doesn't either.  But, I just don't understand the "Terrible team replaces ineffective QB with different ineffective QB" pseudo-outrage.  If you win 6 games and have to rely on a crummy team to beam a slightly less crummy team to make the playoffs...you aren't allowed to be outraged.  It doesn't impact the sanctity of football.  Get over it.  They all suck.  Someone had to suck the least.  It wasn't the Giants.

#5938 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 04:18 PM

Right.  He just doesn't look like a long term solution at QB.  Despite Collinsowrth gushing over his accuracy all night (again - dude went 7-20).  Granted, Sudfeld doesn't either.  But, I just don't understand the "Terrible team replaces ineffective QB with different ineffective QB" pseudo-outrage.  If you win 6 games and have to rely on a crummy team to beam a slightly less crummy team to make the playoffs...you aren't allowed to be outraged.  It doesn't impact the sanctity of football.  Get over it.  They all suck.  Someone had to suck the least.  It wasn't the Giants.

I think the cowgirls are suffering under the idiocy of an owner that fancies himself a knowledgeable football and surrounded himself with family and yes-puppets. He is a total clown.

• JeremyStrain likes this

#5939 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 04:21 PM

It's funny, they have a RB and a WR that are former QB and at some point last night I was like, are either of these guys really any worse than Hurts? All he's doing is keeping away from most of the sacks, and making a break for it when things get too tight. I saw him step way into the pocket and make like 2 throws that were decent, both dead up the middle though, and if he wasn't as mobile as he was, I feel like there would have been more turnovers, cause that DLine was collapsing the pocket every other play. I mean he did what he had to do, but it's not like he put up 300 yards on top of running for 100 or something.

• Dr. FLK likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5940 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 January 2021 - 04:47 PM

WFT is the best of a bad division.  They don't deserve to make the playoffs, but they do deserve it more than the other 3.  Like I said earlier, shut up Giants and fans, you were 6-10.

The most aggravating thing about last night was Collingsworth.  He is awful and he was fueling some of the crap we are hearing today.

• Dr. FLK likes this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=