#1 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

The Skins have 49 million in cap room as of now.

They're expected to franchise Fred Davis.

Then there's the question of what they'll do in the draft.

They'll obviously have plenty of money for free agents.

So what do the Skins fans on here advocate?

#2 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

I really have a hard time thinking that Allen and Shanahan will trade up to #2 for RGIII. Obviously nothing against him as a QB, as I feel that he would be great in burgundy and gold. However, I just don't think that Shanahan/Allen will be comfortable giving up that much to trade up.

To me, it's becoming more and more likely that the 'Skins trade down and pick up an extra pick or two. I'm thinking we'll be linked to Tannehill more and more in the upcoming weeks.

Needless to say, the draft will all depend on what we do in free-agency. And I'm really looking forward to it.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

I heard a rumor yesterday that they are willing to trade their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, AND 1st(next year) round picks just to get RGIII. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard but for the skins organization it makes complete sense.

http://www.oriolespastime.com

#4 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

Then watch this video:

http://www.nfl.com/v... ... his-smarts

Very impressive.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#5 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

Also, here's a gif overlay of Cam Newton vs. Andrew Luck vs. RG3 in the 40:

Posted Image
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#6 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

And here is Rich Eisen vs. Cam Newton vs. Andrew Luck vs. RG3:

Posted Image
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#7 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Three first round picks and an additional pick for the Rams 1st rounder this year (#2 pick).

Glad the Browns didn't get him!
@brobey1

#8 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Updated to say that the other pick is a 2nd rounder...

What a haul for the Rams!
@brobey1

#9 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

Wow, that's a steep price to pay. I'm a big fan of RGIII though and will enjoy watching him. He better be great to justify this cost!

#10 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

It's either a great deal or it sets them back 5 years. Skins felt they had to get Manning or Griffin. Manning wasn't going there. It's a lot to pay but if you feel he is the real deal, then you make the deal.

The Rams have really set themselves up now. 9 picks in the first 2 rounds the next 3 years!

If Bradford develops, they could be really good quickly. Jeff Fisher picked an ideal situation.

#11 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

What an insane deal. To move up from 6 to 2 you give up your '13 and '14 first rounders and your '13 second rounder. Who knows, could even be more. Crazy for a guy who is despite the hype is raw. Those '13 and '14 picks could both be Top 10 even if Griffin does end up being good in the long run. That said, thank you for keeping him out of Cleveland.

#12 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

Gotta be feeling good if you're Jeff Fisher and company.

#13 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

OK, so the Skins are going to draft RGIII and have franchised Davis. Fletcher and Landry are the primary free agents. They have 40+ million in cap room.

What should they do? Vincent Jackson, Garcon, Colton, other WR? Carl Nicks or other lineman? Bring back Fletcher or go young with one of Tulloch, Lofton, Henderson, etc? Landry or another safety? A corner such as Carr, Finnegan, Porter, etc?

#14 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

http://www.washingto... ... ll-insider

An article basically saying how a lot of people questioned the Giants for trading what they did to get Eli. Obviously, that didn't set the organization back years and he wasn't even that good until last year.

#15 tpjs1

tpjs1

Pops

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationCatonsville MD

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

There is no telling how this gamble will play out, but if I were a 'Skins fan I would be very happy. Without a legitimate QB, Washington will never go anywhere. If RG3 makes it, then the team has a chance to matter again. And that is all a fan can really ask for, isn't it?
@Tpjs1

#16 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Posted Image

#17 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Is it just me or is it a really tough schedule for a team that finished 6th worst in the league?
@JeremyMStrain

#18 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Just noticed that they are officially grooming L. Alexander to play MLB like I wanted last offseason. Obviously I like the move, and it protects more against injury and a Riley regression.
@JeremyMStrain

#19 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Is it just me or is it a really tough schedule for a team that finished 6th worst in the league?

Well the two games they have that are based on their poor record are the Vikings and the Rams, so that's not too bad, although the Rams should be improved.

The problem is they got arguably the best AFC division in the North. Plus, the NFC South features a couple of teams that should improve (Panthers, Bucs).

#20 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Well the two games they have that are based on their poor record are the Vikings and the Rams, so that's not too bad, although the Rams should be improved.

The problem is they got arguably the best AFC division in the North. Plus, the NFC South features a couple of teams that should improve (Panthers, Bucs).

Yeah, just a bad year, but I think the last place teams we play had bad years and will rebound. If Peterson comes back healthy, MIN is always dangerous. STL will surprise a lot of people I think. TB made a lot of improvements, and CAR should get better if Newton keeps improving. Could be a hard fought year.
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=