6460 replies to this topic

#6321 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 01:53 PM

I wonder if Gibbs would come on board as a minority owner role?

#6322 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 02:11 PM

Hopefully Maryland doesn't have to subsidize a new stadium for the new owner.  Safe that money for the Orioles/Ravens.

• sandiegosean likes this

#6323 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 03 November 2022 - 03:16 PM

Saw a tweet that indicated both had interest, though did not specify they'd be part of the same bid. Said Jay-Z had a "strategic partner" in mind. It could be Byron Allen, founder of Entertainment Studios and kicked the tires on the Broncos when they were for sale.

Yeah just saw him mentioned as throwing in too. DC would be a prime location to add some black ownership the league needs badly.
@JeremyMStrain

#6324 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 06:47 AM

https://www.cnbc.com...ansactions.html

7+ Billion is a lot of zeros. :)

#6325 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 09:52 AM

https://www.cnbc.com...ansactions.html

7+ Billion is a lot of zeros. :)

I think everyone expected exactly that many zeroes.  It's the 7 that's surprising.

#6326 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 10:05 AM

I think everyone expected exactly that many zeroes.  It's the 7 that's surprising.

On the one hand you hate to see him get away with that. On the other hand, it's worth it to be done with him.

• Nigel Tufnel likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#6327 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 10:14 AM

Yeah just saw him mentioned as throwing in too. DC would be a prime location to add some black ownership the league needs badly.

I dont think there are prime real estate available in DC, except for RFK, and thats a total nightmare to work with.

#6328 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 10:18 AM

On the one hand you hate to see him get away with that. On the other hand, it's worth it to be done with him.

Yeah, it completely sucks that Snyder had close to a 25-year run of being both the worst owner and human being possible, and in the end he's going to walk away with billions in profit.  But if that's what it takes to get rid of him, I can put the schadenfreude on hold.

#6329 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 10:22 AM

I dont think there are prime real estate available in DC, except for RFK, and thats a total nightmare to work with.

I think the reason the full RFK deal keeps stalling and dragging feet is hoping something like this would happen honestly. They've developed a lot of the surrounding area and former parking lots into rec space and soccer fields, it's actually really nice, so I'm not sure if they still have enough space for enough parking. But something tells me they were thinking with the Metro there, it would cut down on how much parking they need on site.

The space that's left and sitting there is enough to put a stadium in, if designed well. There's no other place in the city, it's this or bust, and they know that. It's got the infrastructure part, and if they added some nostalgic bits, like allowing for the upper deck to bounce a bit, I'd bet they could KILL it down there. Especially if they'd add a retractable roof.

Money will be an issue for SURE, which is part of why I'm sure they can find an owner willing to take on a lot of the building costs.

@JeremyMStrain

#6330 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 10:24 AM

Yeah, it completely sucks that Snyder had close to a 25-year run of being both the worst owner and human being possible, and in the end he's going to walk away with billions in profit.  But if that's what it takes to get rid of him, I can put the schadenfreude on hold.

That's exactly where I'm at. Part of me wants to be so angry at the injustice. You can be that awful of a person and walk away rewarded by increasing your investment by 1000%??? Where's the justice???

But at the same time, get him out, and give us hope again. It should be enough for the league to boot him just based on the number of people and organizations unwilling to work with him. Isn't that enough for a black eye PR wise?

@JeremyMStrain

#6331 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 10:24 AM

Worst owner and human being possible.

Thats pretty hard, when you are such elite company [tongue in cheek].

Through time and previous owners, they have been plenty of bad owners, some racially abusive, instead of sexual. Neither is right, and neither should be tolerated.

The way the rich people [miss]behave, it would not surprise me to find others as bad as Danny, but better at keeping the skeletons out of the media and limelight.

#6332 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 10:26 AM

I think the reason the full RFK deal keeps stalling and dragging feet is hoping something like this would happen honestly. They've developed a lot of the surrounding area and former parking lots into rec space and soccer fields, it's actually really nice, so I'm not sure if they still have enough space for enough parking. But something tells me they were thinking with the Metro there, it would cut down on how much parking they need on site.

The space that's left and sitting there is enough to put a stadium in, if designed well. There's no other place in the city, it's this or bust, and they know that. It's got the infrastructure part, and if they added some nostalgic bits, like allowing for the upper deck to bounce a bit, I'd bet they could KILL it down there. Especially if they'd add a retractable roof.

Money will be an issue for SURE, which is part of why I'm sure they can find an owner willing to take on a lot of the building costs.

Keep in mind. RFK logistics is a nightmare, you have to answer to the 3 headed god. You have to keep DC happy, the department of the Interior and the Army Corp of Engineers happy, and those 3 will never agree on anything, including what the day of the week is. 

• JeremyStrain likes this

#6333 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 November 2022 - 11:20 PM

Great win guys, that had to be pretty thrilling.
  • mweb08 likes this

#6334 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 14 November 2022 - 11:42 PM

Great win guys, that had to be pretty thrilling.

Yeah, that was enjoyable.

It also goes to show imo the value of the shorter season. It's hard for a midseason MLB or NBA game to reverberate anywhere near the same way.

#6335 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 14 November 2022 - 11:49 PM

lmao though at the Eagles linebacker that decided to take a cutback and 2 additional steps before lowering his head and ramming into a kneeling opponent.

#6336 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 12:00 AM

It also goes to show imo the value of the shorter season. It's hard for a midseason MLB or NBA game to reverberate anywhere near the same way.

Also the relative time commitment to get this satisfaction is very much an advantage for football.

#6337 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 12:01 AM

lmao though at the Eagles linebacker that decided to take a cutback and 2 additional steps before lowering his head and ramming into a kneeling opponent.

My Eagles friend was arguing with me about that one. Both of us are biased but Graham wasn't even close when Heinicke took a knee.

#6338 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2022 - 08:24 AM

This is true. The Wizards are on a 4-game win streak with their last 3 coming against Dallas, Utah and Memphis - and no one cares lol.

#6339 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 10:58 AM

This is true. The Wizards are on a 4-game win streak with their last 3 coming against Dallas, Utah and Memphis - and no one cares lol.

TBF, no one cares about the NBA until spring.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6340 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 11:56 AM

TBF, no one cares about the NBA until spring.

Plenty do. It's pretty similar to college basketball, MLB, and NHL in how much people care for the regular season. But since Baltimore doesn't have a team and the potential adopted team (Wizards) are a poor franchise, there's not much interest here. Other demographics are a factor to. Like that take would sound silly at my school, but on BSL you'll get a lot of agreement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=