6459 replies to this topic

#6361 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 February 2023 - 11:44 AM

So now we know why Snyder’s former partners disassociated with him. It wasn’t just all the sexual misconduct. Just when you think there wasn’t any more this scumbag could be capable of. And as always, the NFL had his back.

https://www.espn.com...-their-approval

#6362 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 12:01 PM

I mean, you gotta love how Snyder billed the team $4.5 million to slap a logo on his private jet and called it an “advertising fee.” You just know 40 miles up I-95 that John Angelos is slapping his forehead saying, “now why didn’t I think of that!?”

• You Play to Win the Game and makoman like this

#6363 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 28 February 2023 - 12:45 PM

Yep, read that report earlier. Pretty awful stuff, but exactly what I expect out of him. And now basically he's trying to leverage his veto of Bezos in exchange for legal immunity for the stuff that comes of this. I really hope the group dumps him on his butt and forces him to sell.

@JeremyMStrain

#6364 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 12:51 PM

So now we know why Snyder’s former partners disassociated with him. It wasn’t just all the sexual misconduct. Just when you think there wasn’t any more this scumbag could be capable of. And as always, the NFL had his back.

https://www.espn.com...-their-approval

And his punishment was to have to buy out his partners' 40% of the team for $875M.  The team may sell for $7B.

#6365 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 01:09 PM

And his punishment was to have to buy out his partners' 40% of the team for $875M.  The team may sell for $7B.

This actually came up DURING the whole process. The partners were trying to force a franchise sale, because they knew if they were bought out vs hitting the open market, their value would be significantly less. This was when the NFL was toying with the idea of removing him, so it looked like between the two it was going to happen, but it's also before any dirt on RG was leaked, and now looks like there's more than before (or this is what he had on him) for signing off on something that wasn't legally complete and behind owners backs on that loan, so that's prob why Goody has been trying to sweep things under to avoid that getting out. Well too late now, so do the right thing, force him out so he can't try to hold it hostage, and still has to answer for his crimes.

@JeremyMStrain

#6366 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 01:12 PM

This actually came up DURING the whole process. The partners were trying to force a franchise sale, because they knew if they were bought out vs hitting the open market, their value would be significantly less. This was when the NFL was toying with the idea of removing him, so it looked like between the two it was going to happen, but it's also before any dirt on RG was leaked, and now looks like there's more than before (or this is what he had on him) for signing off on something that wasn't legally complete and behind owners backs on that loan, so that's prob why Goody has been trying to sweep things under to avoid that getting out. Well too late now, so do the right thing, force him out so he can't try to hold it hostage, and still has to answer for his crimes.

I'd say the [ex] minority owners would probably have a case for a suit against Goodell and the league too, but they gave that up for pennies on the dollar. How did they become billionaires again?

#6367 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 01:15 PM

I'd say the [ex] minority owners would probably have a case for a suit against Goodell and the league too, but they gave that up for pennies on the dollar. How did they become billionaires again?

So desperate to be done and rid of Snyder. Really makes you wonder if there's something worse out there that they didn't want tangled up in. Maybe it's the fraud thing with the loan, but seems odd to give up that much money for it, like another 750m a piece.

And I know Smith was worried that his son was going to get blackballed if he made a scene (head coach of the Falcons now)

@JeremyMStrain

#6368 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 01:18 PM

So desperate to be done and rid of Snyder. Really makes you wonder if there's something worse out there that they didn't want tangled up in. Maybe it's the fraud thing with the loan, but seems odd to give up that much money for it, like another 750m a piece.

And I know Smith was worried that his son was going to get blackballed if he made a scene (head coach of the Falcons now)

Yeah, interesting point. While they blew the whistle to the NFL, that's not the same as telling BofA or the authorities that Snyder likely committed bank fraud. I doubt any of them will be indicted, but they can probably count on being subpoenaed if Snyder/Goodell are.

#6369 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, interesting point. While they blew the whistle to the NFL, that's not the same as telling BofA or the authorities that Snyder likely committed bank fraud. I doubt any of them will be indicted, but they can probably count on being subpoenaed if Snyder/Goodell are.

Yep, as an accountant, seeing what they did is completely above board, they went to the people they needed to as soon as they discovered that loan hidden in the financial statements. (they did notify the FTC) The FTC is not going to be thrilled with Snyder, or Goody on this one. Had things drug on, potential sale wise like they are now, and they were still owners who knew about that and didn't say anything? That would make them culpable. So they prob HAD to get out when they did.

@JeremyMStrain

#6370 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:16 AM

#6371 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 01:05 PM

Snyder has agreed to sell to Josh Harris' group for $6B. Happy for that fanbase.

https://twitter.com/...556324405051409

#6372 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 01:25 PM

This pretty much sums it up...

I've lost confidence in Rivera and I hate the new name. But I am no longer resigned to failure. Burgundy Blog is back and my mind is open. Win.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#6373 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 April 2023 - 04:06 PM

Snyder gets 6 B for being a pig and running the franchise below ground.  Some guys are charmed.

@mikeghg

#6374 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 04:09 PM

Snyder gets 6 B for being a pig and running the franchise below ground. Some guys are charmed.

He failed tho. I mean does it matter if its 6 or 1. Guy has an ego and wanted to win his way. Wanted the adulation. Instead he goes down as one of the worst sports owners ever. Gotta hurt like hell.

#6375 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 04:09 PM

Congrats to all the DC fans. Feel good for you.

#6376 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 09:13 PM

Snyder gets 6 B for being a pig and running the franchise below ground.  Some guys are charmed.

Yeah, but he was already wealthy when he bought them. That money will never buy him a ring, and it will never change the pariah he is.

#6377 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 09:35 AM

Once more, for posterity:

The Cranky Redskins Fan's Guide to Dan Snyder - Washington City Paper

#6378 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 10:56 AM

#2 Overall pick...

The Commanders are not going to exercise DE Chase Young’s fifth-year option, per sources.

#6379 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 12:04 PM

Every DE currently on the Commanders' roster is set to become a free agent in 2024:

Chase Young
Montez Sweat
James Smith-Williams
Casey Toohill
Efe Obada
William Bradley-King

(And Shaka Toney was suspended indefinitely for violating the league's gambling policy.)

#6380 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:08 PM

At 16, Emannuel Forbes, CB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=