dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 27 July 2021 - 05:58 PM

..... 24 year old RHP ....

I feel like he was the Orioles #26 prospect when AJ was in his third year. 

How long have we been talking about this guy? Interesting that's he's producing some results....

#42 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,777 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 07:02 PM

I feel like he was the Orioles #26 prospect when AJ was in his third year.

How long have we been talking about this guy? Interesting that's he's producing some results....

Thought something similar when his thread got bumped. He's like a college junior PG who somehow feels like he's already been around for a decade (imagine that Eric Ayala gives this feeling to lots of opposing fans). He got a big international bonus in 2013 as a 16 y/o. Since that was such a rarity for the Orioles at the time (and before and since) maybe his name has stuck in people's minds.

#43 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 12:47 AM

Thought something similar when his thread got bumped. He's like a college junior PG who somehow feels like he's already been around for a decade (imagine that Eric Ayala gives this feeling to lots of opposing fans). He got a big international bonus in 2013 as a 16 y/o. Since that was such a rarity for the Orioles at the time (and before and since) maybe his name has stuck in people's minds.

For me it’s C.J. Brown. I feel like he played QB for like 9 years.
@BSLMikeRandall

#44 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 07:13 AM

Well, it was big for the Orioles.  350K.   Relatively speaking it wasn't one of the BIG international bonus' even at that time.   Fred Fereira's team signed Jomar Reyes and Peralta for about the same thing.    They offered some hope.   Maybe Peralta can still become something at the ML level.

#45 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 July 2021 - 07:38 AM

Well, it was big for the Orioles. 350K. Relatively speaking it wasn't one of the BIG international bonus' even at that time. Fred Fereira's team signed Jomar Reyes and Peralta for about the same thing. They offered some hope. Maybe Peralta can still become something at the ML level.

I just named him our future closer on Monday night’s podcast. Also gave you a shoutout!

#46 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:19 AM

I just named him our future closer on Monday night’s podcast. Also gave you a shoutout!

Hey! Cool.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#47 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 July 2021 - 10:27 AM

I saw him pitch twice in Frederick, I think in 2018.  He got rocked both times.

I saw him on my MILB link a week or 2 ago and again he got rocked.  He has filled out physically in the 3 years..

Maybe I am jinxing him.

@mikeghg

#48 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 October 2021 - 09:08 AM

AAA: 4-2, 4.91 ERA, 47.2 IP, 46 H, 25 BB, 46 K

FIP: 5.29

xFIP: 4.95