381 replies to this topic

#21 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:30 PM

Hunter on the telecast a few days ago said a scout from another team told him he thought Hayes was an everyday OF.You don't know how much smoke is being blown in those 2nd hand reports but still a positive take

Especially from the president of the lollipop guild.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:40 PM

Especially from the president of the lollipop guild.

Come on, Huinter is tough on the Orioles.   He once said the post game spread was only good.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#23 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:00 PM

7/1 - Ho hum, another day, another multi-hit game including a HR for Hays.

Hitting .400 at Bowie with 3 HRs in 10 games.  SSS obviously, but doesn't seem to have slowed down at all from what he was doing in Frederick.  

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#24 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:31 PM

http://www.baseballa...qTqRK54Wr3j6.97

#25 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

Another homer tonight.

919 OPS and batting 315.

#26 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,560 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

A+: .328/.364/.592 (.956), 15 doubles, 3 triples, 16 HR, 41 RBI, 4 SB, 262 AB

AA: .328/.360/.634 (.993), 8 doubles, 1 triple, 10 HR, 29 RBI, 131 AB

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#27 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

Steve M:

O's OF Austin Hays in 105 gms between Fred-Bowie is batting .335/.370/.619 with 28 doubles, 5 triples, 28 HRs, 81 RBIs & .989 OPS.
  • BSLChrisStoner and Greg Pappas like this

#28 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

Any chance he gets moved up to Norfolk this year? Sure like to see him up in the bigs next year.

#29 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

Question for anyone who might know. How much is minor league offense up this year. I'm assuming it's also spiked like it has in the majors. That's not to take anything away from Hayes or any of the other position players having good years in the minors but it's something to keep in mind. For example I look at a guy like Mancini and see the positives in his offensive game but I also realize the offensive jump is contributing too.

#30 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

Any chance he gets moved up to Norfolk this year? Sure like to see him up in the bigs next year.

He doesn't need to go to AAA.   The better prospects are in AA anyway.

• CA-ORIOLE likes this

#31 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

He doesn't need to go to AAA.   The better prospects are in AA anyway.

Agreed. Will see better breaking stuff in AAA more consistently, but it depends on the hitter if that's something that's really needed. 

#32 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:49 PM

Question for anyone who might know. How much is minor league offense up this year. I'm assuming it's also spiked like it has in the majors. That's not to take anything away from Hayes or any of the other position players having good years in the minors but it's something to keep in mind. For example I look at a guy like Mancini and see the positives in his offensive game but I also realize the offensive jump is contributing too.

This is a great question. Don't they use a slightly different ball in the minors as well? 

#33 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

This is a great question. Don't they use a slightly different ball in the minors as well? 

Runs per game in the Eastern Leagues (AA/Bowie) is virtually identical to last year. Runes per game in the Carolina League (A+/Frederick) is actually down (.15 runs  per game) this year. They do use a slightly different ball from what I understand. 

• BSLChrisStoner and JordanKough like this

#34 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

I'm impressed with three of our current Bowie outfielders, in Hays (especially him), Santander, and Mullins. Yet, I know very little about their defense and likely defensive positions if/when they make the big league club. Any help would be appreciated.

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

I'm impressed with three of our current Bowie outfielders, in Hays (especially him), Santander, and Mullins. Yet, I know very little about their defense and likely defensive positions if/when they make the big league club. Any help would be appreciated.

Greg mentions Hays' defense here:
http://baltimorespor...ects-right-now/

He also discusses Santander's defense here:
http://www.baltimore...-prospect-team/

• Greg Pappas likes this

#36 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:24 AM

Mullins is probably a CF.  Honestly I haven't seen him play, but the report is that his route-running isn't the best but he has good speed that helps him make up for it.  Probably needs to refine his game in that regard but should at least be passable out there.

DJ Stewart also is having a solid season in Bowie.  The O's will likely have a glut of outfielders at some point, especially with Mancini currently blocked.  They really need to try to swap the bad Trumbo contract with someone.

• Greg Pappas and BobPhelan like this

#37 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

Mullins is probably a CF.  Honestly I haven't seen him play, but the report is that his route-running isn't the best but he has good speed that helps him make up for it.  Probably needs to refine his game in that regard but should at least be passable out there.

DJ Stewart also is having a solid season in Bowie.  The O's will likely have a glut of outfielders at some point, especially with Mancini currently blocked.  They really need to try to swap the bad Trumbo contract with someone.

Work out something for Verlander...They take back Trumbo and that's all the money that is "eaten".

#38 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:16 PM

Hays hit another one tonight.

#39 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:20 PM

Exciting that we actually have viable OF prospects. What's the last one, Markakis?

#40 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

Hays in the top 50 of prospects next year?

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=