Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

http://espn.go.com/c...es-start-season

I think these suspensions should be conference-based more often than not for off-season related reasons. In way too many of these cases, they are against cupcake teams. In this case, yes, Auburn is a meaningful game, Ball State not so much.
@levineps

#2 mdak06

mdak06
  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationBethany Beach, DE

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

Are you saying, using Watkins as an example, that he should just be suspended for the first two games of ACC conference play (which, FWIW, would be Florida State and Boston College)?

I could see that as an option. Those games, regardless of who they are against, are meaningful as far as determining whether or not the team has a chance to get into the conference championship.

#3 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Are you saying, using Watkins as an example, that he should just be suspended for the first two games of ACC conference play (which, FWIW, would be Florida State and Boston College)?

I could see that as an option. Those games, regardless of who they are against, are meaningful as far as determining whether or not the team has a chance to get into the conference championship.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'd much rather them be used for the weakest conference opponents than the two strongest out-of-conference opponents since conference play is a lot more meaningful in the conference championship era.
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=