#21 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

I used to hate walking by LJS at the Frederick Mall growing up. Never even close to intrigued about that place. Granted, not a huge seafood fan outside of Crabs and Shrimp, but seafood and fast food just doesn't match up well. Oh, but Wendy's seems really proud of their extra strong breading for their fish filet lol. 

It's good. Everything is battered, so even if you just get the chicken it's a different product from, say, KFC (which is the sister brand, and you usually find them together now). The fish filets are tasty. The fries can be hit or miss, but the hushpuppies are a nice touch.

@DJ_McCann

#22 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

Definitely attempting to make my own gold rush this weekend. Those things are ridiculous

@fuzydunlop

#23 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:50 AM

There are a lot of businesses, fast food or not, that could learn from Chik Fil A.  Their political/religious points of view aside (which I know bother some), the service you get there is excellent, at least in my experiences.

They are polite and never f up your order.  Its very family oriented too. 

The guy's a religious nut, but he sure as hell practices what he preaches... being closed on Sunday is costing them a dang fortune, but he doesn't care about that, he just thinks everybody should have Sunday off...  

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#24 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

It's good. Everything is battered, so even if you just get the chicken it's a different product from, say, KFC (which is the sister brand, and you usually find them together now). The fish filets are tasty. The fries can be hit or miss, but the hushpuppies are a nice touch.

Exactly.   

My bride is not only a fellow foodie, but she's also a great cook and is very, very clear about what she does and doesn't like... she goes to a lot of trouble to make food just right... she worries about little details and taste-nuances I'd never even think about...

But she also has these weird flukes... like, for example, being crazy about Long John Silver's fish filet (she gets 3 with cole slaw, hush puppies and those strange fries-substitute wedge things...  I forgot to get the side of cole slaw once and, boy howdy, I sure won't do that again)... same thing re: Waffle House's cheese omelet (with hash browns "scattered, smothered and covered" plus a pecan waffle and OJ)... 

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#25 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

The guy's a religious nut, but he sure as hell practices what he preaches... being closed on Sunday is costing them a dang fortune, but he doesn't care about that, he just thinks everybody should have Sunday off...  

I was at Verizon Center for a Wizards playoff game a couple years ago, and it was a Sunday afternoon game. The Chick-fil-a location, presumably an [Aramark/DNC/whatever]-licensed location and thus not associated with the corporate office at all, was closed. For an NBA playoff game.

@DJ_McCann

#26 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

I was at Verizon Center for a Wizards playoff game a couple years ago, and it was a Sunday afternoon game. The Chick-fil-a location, presumably an [Aramark/DNC/whatever]-licensed location and thus not associated with the corporate office at all, was closed. For an NBA playoff game.

Well, there you go...

He doesn't care about the money, he's just doing what he thinks is the right thing to do... and, since it's a private company, nobody can tell him he can't... (if it was a publicly owned company, he'd get tossed out on his ear... )

#27 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

Nothing wrong with that.

Instead of people being upset about it and with the way people hate perceived greed, they should respect the company for having and sticking to their principles.

#28 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,764 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

Nothing wrong with that.

Instead of people being upset about it and with the way people hate perceived greed, they should respect the company for having and sticking to their principles.

I don't think it's the "closed on Sundays" part that upsets people.

#29 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

I don't think it's the "closed on Sundays" part that upsets people.

DJ sounded pissed! :)

#30 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

DJ sounded pissed! :)

No, not at all. It's not anger, it's incredulity.

I mean, it's a popular fast-food brand in a major arena for one the biggest events it will see all year, and it's probably not even strongly associated with corporate, and yet it's still closed because it's a Sunday. It's one thing to see the one in the mall closed on a Sunday afternoon, this really just enhances the point that their beliefs are more important to them than pure profits.

I may not agree with those beliefs in many cases, but unlike a lot of people with self-professed strong beliefs they actually practice them, and that's admirable.

@DJ_McCann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=