Alex freaking Len.

#2 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

With the return of Pe'Shon Howard and the impressive showing by Alex Len in his debut, I'm much more optimistic about the Terps headed forward this season than before. It was only Albany tonight, so I'm sure Len will have his share of growing pains this season when he faces some of the talented and physical frontcourts in the ACC. But with him in the mix the Terps are much stronger and deeper up front right now than I imagined a few short months ago.

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,763 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:57 AM

Len is huge, easily the biggest player I've ever seen at Maryland. You never got the feeling that Mardesich or Bowers were truly enormous guys, but you can't even look at Len without thinking he's some sort of half-giant monstrosity. He's not thin like Weiss at all, he's got some solid bulk to him.

Very athletic for a big man, ran the floor well, solid hands. He made a mid-range jumper, took two others, and then seemed pretty upset when he missed a couple free throws, so I imagine he has at least a passable shot for a big guy.

First impression is that he is definitely a legitimate starting ACC center. Maybe not a star, but very solid. With Pe'shon and Stoglin in the backcourt, we've got 3 very solid ACC starters, and all of them are freshman or sophomores. I still don't think we'll be any better than a 4-6 win ACC team this year, because of our lack of depth, but we've got some nice pieces.

I'm drooling over the idea of Clear and Len at the 4 and 5 next year, or maybe we should consider them the 5 and 6 given their size.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,089 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:46 AM

I said 7-9 wins in the ACC before the season, still believe that. The Temple game is huge. Probably 0-5 against UNC, Duke, and at FSU, but MD should compete against everyone else. Colorado is mid-tier Pac12, and ND figures to be near the bottom of the BigEast, but they can still help. Next year can be a lot of fun.

I should have a couple of Terp related Q&A's before the end of the week.

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,089 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:46 AM

CSN Baltimore / Knoche: http://www.csnbaltim...792&feedID=6867

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=