NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:41 PM

http://baltimorespor...l-make-say-wow/

• BSLChrisStoner, SportsGuy, Mackus and 2 others like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:04 PM

Torn between liking for the good insight and hating for the groan-worthy pun...

• Mike in STL likes this

#3 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:06 PM

I know about 10 people that have gone to Iceland simply because the travel expenses were very cheap. And they loved it. Not sure if they used this airline. But it sounds like they may have.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:32 PM

Almost certainly, I imagine.  I've been thinking about a long weekend to Iceland as well since sometimes the flights are incredibly cheap.  I haven't used WOW yet myself but I know others who have and haven't heard anything but good reviews like Sean's.

I've looked into some international flights to use WOW as a relay and I've found that the prices on dates I've been looking to travel aren't quite low enough to make up for the hassle and especially the time of adding a layover.  But that very much depends when and where you're heading and how much value you personally place on not needing a layover.  If budget is your top concern, WOW is tough to beat.

• Mike in STL likes this

#5 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:47 PM

Torn between liking for the good insight and hating for the groan-worthy pun...

I'm a terrible title/headline writer. I also hate writing things in cards besides my name. Too much pressure!

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:49 PM

Almost certainly, I imagine.  I've been thinking about a long weekend to Iceland as well since sometimes the flights are incredibly cheap.  I haven't used WOW yet myself but I know others who have and haven't heard anything but good reviews like Sean's.

I've looked into some international flights to use WOW as a relay and I've found that the prices on dates I've been looking to travel aren't quite low enough to make up for the hassle and especially the time of adding a layover.  But that very much depends when and where you're heading and how much value you personally place on not needing a layover.  If budget is your top concern, WOW is tough to beat.

It was kind of a perfect storm for us. We'd been wanting to go somewhere...almost pull the trigger on a few places, but then we saw the airfare for Amsterdam, and realized we could go and not miss any Ravens games, so it worked out perfectly.

And I think the only time I've flown to Europe without a connection was when we flew from Philly to Lisbon. Otherwise, all my flights have had connections. It's so expensive (usually) to take a direct flight, which doesn't make sense to me.

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:18 AM

WOW also lets you do layovers for no additional cost.  So on your return home you can give yourself a day or two in between the connections from Europe-to-Iceland and Iceland-to-Home to go explore Iceland a bit and see some glaciers or northern lights or hot springs or visit the Villains of Mighty Ducks 2 Museum which I assume must exist.

• DJ MC likes this

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:19 AM

WOW also lets you do layovers for no additional cost.  So on your return home you can give yourself a day or two in between the connections from Europe-to-Iceland and Iceland-to-Home to go explore Iceland a bit and see some glaciers or northern lights or hot springs or visit the Villains of Mighty Ducks 2 Museum which I assume must exist.

Ha.

Yeah they do allow that, which is pretty awesome.

#9 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:26 AM

Are they like Spirit where they'll charge you for a carry on?

@fuzydunlop

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:27 AM

Yes

#11 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:29 AM

We paid $130 for 1 check-in bag, which is redick, but even then the total was $900 for us both to fly to Europe round trip. Still can't be beat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=