Movieweb: Star Wars 8 Plot Details Shed Light on Finn's Recovery
http://movieweb.com/...-finn-recovery/

#2 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

It's official. STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is the next chapter of the Skywalker saga. This December. #TheLastJedi http://strw.rs/60198RpcU 

#3 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:17 AM

Trailer just released:

https://twitter.com/...913950060494848

• BSLChrisStoner and BobPhelan like this

#4 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:27 AM

Star Wars: The Force Awakens made $2.068 billion at the box office (worldwide). This one? More I bet...

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

Solid trailer.

And I agree Mark...this one will make more.

#6 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

Eh that battle scene looked very prequel-ish.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

What was wrong with the battle scenes in the prequels?  The movies in general were cringeworthy, specifically any time a character spoke, but the actions scenes were usually really good.

• Pedro Cerrano, fishteacher and DuffMan like this

#8 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

What was wrong with the battle scenes in the prequels? The movies in general were cringeworthy, specifically any time a character spoke, but the actions scenes were usually really good.

Too much "stuff" was going on. Lucas masturbated all over the screen with visual effects. A billion blasters all going off at once and a droid with four light sabers is just awful.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#9 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

#10 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

Very vague as expected but some beautiful shots. In Rian Johnson we trust.

#11 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:04 PM

Very vague as expected but some beautiful shots. In Rian Johnson we trust.

If this one is truly all about Luke and his dealings with being a Jedi yet seeing the dark as not always being totally "bad" then this has the feeling of Rey either taking him down OR her talking him off the ledge, and her getting him to train her to defeat Kylo...either way, Snoke is the key, and he didn't appear in the teaser...hmmm....

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#12 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

If this one is truly all about Luke and his dealings with being a Jedi yet seeing the dark as not always being totally "bad" then this has the feeling of Rey either taking him down OR her talking him off the ledge, and her getting him to train her to defeat Kylo...either way, Snoke is the key, and he didn't appear in the teaser...hmmm....

I see it more of Luke thinking the Jedi were a bad idea and were screwing things up, more than him thinking the dark side is ok.

#13 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

No spoilers? Fine. I won't tell you who Luke's father is.
  • tennOsfan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#14 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

So is anyone else concerned about Mark Hamill's comments in regards to Luke in the upcoming movie?

#15 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:49 AM

So is anyone else concerned about Mark Hamill's comments in regards to Luke in the upcoming movie?

Nah. Was kinda spun by the media.

Said at first he completely disagreed with the direction they were taking Luke. Which is what the media ran with. But then said after he talked with him he completely came around on it and is all in. They left that part out cause it wouldn't get nearly as many clicks.

I wonder if he thinks Luke should be this grizzled veteran Jedi Master. Like Mace, Yoda, Obi-Wan etc. but instead kinda finds him whiny and mopey?

Too early to tell and honestly I don't wanna know til I go see it. I hate how much gets spoiled these days. I don't mind a teaser or a hint here or there, but 90% of a movie are leaked between trailer analysis and leaks these days.

@JeremyMStrain

#16 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

Also, he's an actor. I don't care if he disagrees with the direction. I trust Rian Johnson 100 times more when it comes to writing a compelling movie.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#17 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:30 AM

Also, he's an actor. I don't care if he disagrees with the direction. I trust Rian Johnson 100 times more when it comes to writing a compelling movie.

Right, that is a good point. I don't really like when actors get so attached to their characters that they almost develop a split personality and think they can think first person for them. I mean, more power to them they are super talented to be able to act out the stuff they do the way they do, but it's the writer's job to tell them what to say. Minus some ad libbing here or there, but an actor isn't going to tell a writer, "oh no, so and so wouldn't do this here, they would do this" and some of them do that, especially after being in the role a long time.

It's actually a fascinating psychological condition if you think about it. I'm sure it has a name already, what would you call that RShack?

• BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

Right, I trust Rian Johnson. Just can't imagine he's going to fuck this up. And he's never had a budget like this. Pumped for him.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#19 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

What else has Rian Johnson done besides Looper?  I've heard he's legit, but his IMDB page is a bit skimpy.  I get that the director has free reign to make his movie as he should be, but as someone who was disappointed in TFA and then see's these comments from Hamill I'm a little bit worried.  Still plan on seeing it and going in with open mind.

More concerning, the Directors of the Han Solo movie have just left that project in the middle of filming.

#20 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

What else has Rian Johnson done besides Looper? I've heard he's legit, but his IMDB page is a bit skimpy. I get that the director has free reign to make his movie as he should be, but as someone who was disappointed in TFA and then see's these comments from Hamill I'm a little bit worried. Still plan on seeing it and going in with open mind. More concerning, the Directors of the Han Solo movie have just left that project in the middle of filming.

That second part is definitely no bueno. Feels very Edgar Wright/Ant-Man although that didn't happen with just a couple weeks of filming left. Much more concerning than an actor who is only relevant again because Disney bought Star Wars whining that they won't listen to his brilliant ideas.

Rian Johnson is batting 1.000 in my eyes. Three for three with Brick, Brothers Bloom, and Looper. Wrote and directed all three of those great movies. Give him Star Wars money to play with and there's no doubt in my mind he's gonna knock it out of the park.
  • You Play to Win the Game and DuffMan like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=