#141 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

Toyota Stadium official addresses poor field conditions for FCS title game (Baltimore Sun)

A stadium official blamed the weather for the poor field conditions.

“The facility replaced the turf on the field between the hash marks on Nov. 18,” Nick Shafer, the stadium’s vice president of operations, said in a written statement distributed at halftime. “Shortly thereafter, an ice storm came through Frisco and ice sat on the field for a week. This prevented the grass from taking root underneath the turf. We haven’t changed an field preparation from years’ past. The only difference this year is that weather did not cooperate with us.”

@levineps

#142 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

Magical run by Towson... Really enjoyed watching them these past few weeks. 

#143 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

I'm not very happy with some of the play-calling, and I think the game could have gone differently. But the idea that Towson could even get to this point was almost unthinkable even a month ago. I am very glad that I got to watch this game, and there is a pretty good chance the Tigers are back next year.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Oriole85 like this
@DJ_McCann

#144 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

Wow. How many championship games do you see where the fans can--and do--rush the field?

Congrats to NDSU.
@DJ_McCann

#145 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

I'm not very happy with some of the play-calling, and I think the game could have gone differently. But the idea that Towson could even get to this point was almost unthinkable even a month ago. I am very glad that I got to watch this game, and there is a pretty good chance the Tigers are back next year.

Hopefully they don't decide that this means they should jump to FBS.

#146 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

Wow. How many championship games do you see where the fans can--and do--rush the field?

Congrats to NDSU.

That's dangerous....not the rush of people, but someone is going to get swallowed up by one of those divots and never be heard from again.

#147 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

That's dangerous....not the rush of people, but someone is going to get swallowed up by one of those divots and never be heard from again.

Sinkholes in Frisco?

@levineps

#148 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

My dad said he wouldn't do it because he'd be afraid he'd break his ankle.
@DJ_McCann

#149 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

@WBALPete Ambrose on his future,  "I'm a Tiger.  I don't think Texas is going to offer me a job."

@levineps

#150 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

Jason LaCanfora is reporting that Terrence West will enter the NFL Draft. Apparently, he was given a third-round grade.

@DJ_McCann

#151 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

Here's a link: http://www.cbssports...o-senior-season

Love the photo caption.

@DJ_McCann

#152 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Here's a link: http://www.cbssports...o-senior-season

Love the photo caption.

Haha... yep - gotta love it.

Tough break for Towson, but hell of a career by West. I hope he does well at the next level. 

#153 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

Haha... yep - gotta love it.

Tough break for Towson, but hell of a career by West. I hope he does well at the next level. 

Leading rusher in all college football this season, and finishes third in career FCS TDs behind The Other Adrian Peterson and Brian Westbrook.

I bet the Ravens give a long, long, hard look at him.

@DJ_McCann

#154 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

Rob Amrose agrees to extension through 2020 (Towson athletics)

My guess is he doesn't make it to the end of his contract.

@levineps

#155 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

Towson loses $50,000 on playoff run

On the negative side, this doesn't include the expenses from hosting their first playoff game.

On the positive side, it also doesn't include things like increased ticket sales (~700 more season tickets sold next year would cover it), merchandise, media rights and exposure, etc.

@DJ_McCann

#156 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

Towson loses $50,000 on playoff run

On the negative side, this doesn't include the expenses from hosting their first playoff game.

On the positive side, it also doesn't include things like increased ticket sales (~700 more season tickets sold next year would cover it), merchandise, media rights and exposure, etc.

Along with a likely enrollment up-tick... the additional branding, and effectively advertising of TU that happened locally, regionally... and even to a lesser extent Nationally.

#157 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Well worth it, certainly not a surprise to anyone who follows this stuff that they took it a direct hit here financially. I actually would've expected it to be more.

@levineps

#158 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

@mzenitz  Towson RB Terrence West said he has around eight formal meetings scheduled for tonight, including one with the Ravens

@levineps

#159 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

CBS SportsTerrance West's pro day gives Towson its biggest NFL exposure yet

The procession of mostly large men in various NFL jackets and hats crossed the small street behind Unitas Stadium, drawing more than a few puzzled looks from the handful of students crossing the street along with them. Representatives from two-thirds of the teams in the National Football League were on this tiny campus on a dreary and soggy Monday for the Tigers' Pro Day.

Sure, Towson University has produced some pro talent in the past, dating back to Joe Vitt -- a longtime defensive coach in the league now with New Orleans -- and tracing through NFL players like punter Sean Landeta, running backs Dave Meggett and Troy Vinson, and defensive back Chad Scott (who later transferred to Maryland), and now with Bears offensive lineman Jermon Bushrod, a starting left tackle on the Saints recent Super Bowl winner.

But never had anyone seen anything like this before. Not around here.

"I've never seen anything like this here before," said Dan O'Connell, Towson's director of athletic media relations, who has been with the program 32 years. "We've never had this many teams here. We maybe would get two or three in the past who would work a few players out. But this is the first time we've really had the demand for this something like this."

By the school's count, there were at least 27 total scouts or position coaches present from at least 22 NFL teams. Pretty impressive stuff.

@levineps

#160 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

Towson Tigers.com: Season Outlook

http://www.towsontig...0826141233.aspx

Two Deep:
http://www.towsontig...art.pdf?id=2714

Schedule: