#1 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:48 PM

Florida International is coming off of a 34-13 loss against Indiana last week. They were in the game until the 4th quarter, when the Hoosiers put up 22 points to pull away. They run a pass-heavy no-huddle spread offense, so we'll see plenty of Nickle defense from the Terps.

QB Alex McGough: 23/46, 263 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT; 7 carries, 5 yards, 0 TD

RB Alex Gardner: 10 carries, 23 yards, 1 TD; 7 catches, 70 yards, 0 TD

WR Stantley Thomas: 3 catches, 91 yards, 0 TD

TE Jonnu Smith: 8 catches, 83 yards, 0 TD

LB Treyvon Williams: 13 tackles (1.0 for loss), 1.0 sacks, 0 INT

LB Anthony Wint: 12 tackles (0.0 for loss), 0.0 sacks, 0 INT

DB Niko Gonzalez: 10 tackles (0.0 for loss), 0.0 sacks, 0 INT

K Austin Taylor: 2/2 FG, 1/1 XP

P Stone Wilson: 6 punts, 248 yards (41.33 average)

InsideMDSports: Durkin hopes to have J.C. Jackson back vs FIU

http://maryland.247s...s-FIU--47229945

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#2 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:14 PM

How do cord-cutters get CBS Sports Network? I don't think I got that one even when I had satellite. MD needs to put a halt to playing road games with conferences that have these kind of TV deals. It doesn't help to generate fan interest in a new coaching era when you can't watch them for the next two games.

#3 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:17 PM

How do you get it? You actually order cable.

I have DTV and CBSS comes as part of the basic sports package
  • Mackus likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:20 PM

How do cord-cutters get CBS Sports Network? I don't think I got that one even when I had satellite. MD needs to put a halt to playing road games with conferences that have these kind of TV deals. It doesn't help to generate fan interest in a new coaching era when you can't watch them for the next two games.

If you don't have CBS Network, it looks like you might be able to watch online if have COX Cable, Frontier, or Optimum. (Obviously you don't, sorry here Mike.) I have it with Verizon, on channel 594.  Looks like it is 221 on DirectTV.

#5 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:23 PM

How do cord-cutters get CBS Sports Network? 

http://xn--vipbx-p29a.tv/

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:01 PM

If you don't have CBS Network, it looks like you might be able to watch online if have COX Cable, Frontier, or Optimum. (Obviously you don't, sorry here Mike.) I have it with Verizon, on channel 594.  Looks like it is 221 on DirectTV.

Yeah, Comcast is my ISP. I signed up with Playstation Vue to get BTN, but that didn't work Saturday either....I ended up getting Ohio St/Bowling Green. I guess MD got relegated to one of BTN's sub-channels. Good news is I got NFL Red Zone for just $40 for the season.

http://xn--vipbx-p29a.tv/

Thanks, but I'll pass. Might get to see the game, but spending the rest of the weekend trying to clean malware off my laptop isn't worth it.

#7 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:26 PM

Yeah, Comcast is my ISP. I signed up with Playstation Vue to get BTN, but that didn't work Saturday either....I ended up getting Ohio St/Bowling Green. I guess MD got relegated to one of BTN's sub-channels. Good news is I got NFL Red Zone for just $40 for the season.

Thanks, but I'll pass. Might get to see the game, but spending the rest of the weekend trying to clean malware off my laptop isn't worth it.

I'd say any local watering hole will probably have it -- and since it's a Friday night game there won't be competition to watch other football games.  Just have to find a bar that has competent enough staff to figure out how to change the channel.  Like I said, if they have DirecTV I can guarantee you they get CBS Sports Network,

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#8 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:41 PM

When all else fails, goog Reddit streams for the game.

@fuzydunlop

#9 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:49 PM

CBS Sports Network is one of the few that you can't really get without a Cable subscription. Maryland is back on CBSSN next week against UCF as well.

@BSLZackKiesel

#10 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:51 AM

Big changes to the depth chart this week.

090516_Depth.jpg

• QB: Caleb Rowe is now listed among the co-backups for Perry Hills after sitting out last week.
  • RB: Trey Edmunds and Kenneth Goins, Jr. join Ty Johnson as co-starters. Jake Funk and Lorenzo Harrison are co-backups.
  • WR: Tino Ellis has moved from split end to flanker, co-backing up Malcolm Culmer with Levern Jacobs.
  • TE: Derrick Hayward is the lone starter, with Avery Edwards and Andrew Isaacs serving as co-backups.
  • OL: JaJuan Dulaney is no longer the backup LG to Mike Minter. Quarvez Boulware takes his place.
  • DL: Brett Kulka moves from SDE to DT, backing up Cavon Walker and taking the place of David Shaw. Chandler Burkett takes his place as backup SDE.
  • CB: J.C. Jackson is listed nowhere on the depth chart due to "academic issues". RaVon Davis takes his place, backed up by Antwaine Richardson. Jarrett Ross is now the lone backup at nickle corner. Ellis played about 40 snaps on defense last week, and should see plenty of time there this week.
  • S: Qwuantrezz Knight is the lone backup to Denzel Conyers, Elijah Daniels is not on the depth chart anymore.
  • KR/PR: D.J. Moore and Teldrick Morgan are co-backups to William Likely at both returner positions. 

@BSLZackKiesel

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:11 AM

Washington Post: With JC Jackson in limbo, former walk-on steps in as starter for Maryland football
https://www.washingt...yland-football/

#12 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:57 AM

Worth noting that Walt Bell completely shut down any possibility of a special package for Piggy at QB. Hills will get 100% of the snaps on Friday and moving forward. Not a surprise to me, but some had talked about this as a possibility.

• CTSchwink likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#13 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:13 PM

Good. I can't stand the multi-QB systems and indecisiveness in general. You pick a direction and roll with it. And if you have a trick play or two with Pigrome, why tip anyone off about that? Really like this staff so far.

#14 CTSchwink

CTSchwink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:33 PM

Worth noting that Walt Bell completely shut down any possibility of a special package for Piggy at QB. Hills will get 100% of the snaps on Friday and moving forward. Not a surprise to me, but some had talked about this as a possibility.

I brought it up last night and you shot it down. Great aim on that one

#15 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:17 PM

Good. I can't stand the multi-QB systems and indecisiveness in general. You pick a direction and roll with it. And if you have a trick play or two with Pigrome, why tip anyone off about that? Really like this staff so far.

I mostly agree here. I would still keep my options open with Pigrome, but no point in publicizing it.

#16 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:09 PM

BSL: Terps Game Preview - FIU Golden Panthers

http://baltimorespor...olden-panthers/

Here is my preview article for this game. FIU should present a challenge, but not one too large for the Terps to overcome.

• BSLChrisStoner, Markus and CTSchwink like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#17 CTSchwink

CTSchwink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:26 AM

I'm REALLY looking forward to Aniebonam and Keihn smashing through FIU's o-line. That should be fun. 

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#18 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:59 PM

Not sure how I didn't know this before (especially since Maryland played FIU in 2013 as well), but FIU head coach Ron Turner is Norv Turner's brother.

@BSLZackKiesel

#19 CTSchwink

CTSchwink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:25 AM

Party at my place if you can't get CBSSN! I've got about 100 leftover tailgate beers!

#20 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

Just now realizing this is a Friday game. Should've worn my Terps tie instead of my Purple Friday Ravens suit today.

• Mackus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=