#1 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:13 AM

http://www.traveland...mpsoc_TL_CapOne

Pretty surprised what the #1 city in the world is...not my choice but it was a great city.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#2 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

So the #9 and #1 cities in the world are about an hour or so away from one another in the deep south?  Whodathunkit.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:30 PM

I think I'm good on missing out on the trip to Beirut.

My mother is moving to Charleston next month.

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:31 PM

So the #4 and #1 cities in the world are about an hour or so away from one another in the deep south?  Whodathunkit.

Yeah.

I went to both cities spring of 2015. It's driveable from here, about 9-10 hours to Savannah and then about 2 hrs north to Charleston. It's a long drive, but worth it. Each city is beautiful and has their own unique traits.

I wrote an article about Savannah for the site a few months ago.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

I think I'm good on missing out on the trip to Beirut.

My mother is moving to Charleston next month.

That's good to hear man...good for her. Hope all is well. Definitely get down there to visit sometime.

RE: Beirut, Bourdain has been there a few times...he seems to really like it and despite the issues its had in the past it does seem like a cool place to visit. Probably safer than the major European cities right about now, too.

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

Have been to Cuzco, Bangkok, Siem Reap, Rome, Barcelona, New Orleans, Florence, and Chiang Mai on this list.

• NewMarketSean likes this

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:35 PM

That's good to hear man...good for her. Hope all is well. Definitely get down there to visit sometime.

She lived in Atlanta for a decade...  came back up 'here' ( Manassas ) 5 years ago...  looking for somewhere cheaper / warmer.

Everything you read about Charleston is nice. Restaurants sounds good. Only been there once, for a Thanksgiving weekend... seemed nice.

And since Bravo is always on in my house, I'll cop to having watched a lot of  'Southern Charm' lol... 

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:36 PM

Have been to Cuzco, Bangkok, Siem Reap, Rome, Barcelona, New Orleans, Florence, and Chiang Mai on this list.

Damn you get around. And I thought I was the traveler here.

I've been to Rome, Florence, Savannah, New Orleans & Charleston.

#9 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:44 PM

Did Rome & Florence a long time ago, Spring Break during junior year of college, spent about 5 days in Rome and 2 in Florence I think.  Barcelona I only got to for a couple days, was traveling to Cyprus to visit my sister-in-law and her family and insisted that we stop "on the way".  Cuzco was about two years ago, took a trip with a group of friends to Lima, Puno, and Cuzco the main draw of which was visiting Machu Picchu.  New Orleans I've only been once, for my bachelor party last May.  Bangkok, Siem Reap, and Chiang Mai were all stops during my honeymoon last Nov/Dec along with the Phuket and Lanta provinces.

Only place I wouldn't go back is Siem Reap, not because it wasn't amazing but because I think all you really need to do is get to Angkor Wat and the surrounding areas, not much of a town to experience.  Probably would skip Bangkok as well, similarly not because it wasn't really interesting with tons to see (and we only scratched the surface) but because I much preferred Chiang Mai and especially the islands which is where I'd spend my time if I ever get back to Thailand, which I desperately, desperately want to do.

#10 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:54 PM

The T+L Top 15 Islands of the World has me wanting to go to the Philippines...Cebu especially, and then the #1 and #2 islands were in the Philippines, too. Haven't been to any of the ones listed, but been to plenty of islands and these lists are all relative anyway.

I really want to explore Mexico more. Only been to Riviera Maya before, from Cancun down to Tulum. Really want to visit Merida and San Miguel de Allende.

#11 aurelius

aurelius
  • Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:12 AM

My current favorite places are the Vaucluse area (wine country) in France. Next in line is the maritime alps, cote d'azur, and finally, Riquewihr in Alsace reqion. Not coincidentally it's where I've the better part of september touring those areas.

• NewMarketSean likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=