NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

http://baltimorespor...ive-ocean-city/

• BSLChrisStoner and RShack like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#2 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

OT but if they just took away that light right by the community college (or maybe had 50 go over/under that intersecting road), that would free up a lot of back-up.

Just one of my many ideas to cut the traffic on the way to the beach.

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,360 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

Only stop I ever make is at one of those roadside chicken BBQ places if I'm traveling on a weekend.  Delicious!  Rarely do I happen to time it right though.

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:56 AM

Only stop I ever make is at one of those roadside chicken BBQ places if I'm traveling on a weekend.  Delicious!  Rarely do I happen to time it right though.

The Kiwanis chicken stands? Yeah I see them but I've never stopped. Usually driving there or home when they're closed.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,360 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:00 AM

The Kiwanis chicken stands? Yeah I see them but I've never stopped. Usually driving there or home when they're closed.

Yeah, Kiwanis or sometimes a random firehouse will have one going.  Always a sort of pop up thing under a tent with haul-behind trailer, not a brick and mortar place.  Doesn't seem to matter where exactly it is or if it's the same people, they're always good.  But you do have to get lucky on the timing, usually only see them on weekends.  That last time I saw one open and stopped was a couple years ago, parked and walked over to the guy handling the money and they had just sold their last chicken.  Devastating.  He gave me a free piece of corn, though.

I've tried but have been unable to recreate the deliciousness at home over my own charcoal grill.  I make good chicken, especially rotisserie, but not quite the same.

#6 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

Take 662 north to avoid the congested area of 50 around Wye Mills. Best advice I can give.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#7 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:49 PM

Take 662 north to avoid the congested area of 50 around Wye Mills. Best advice I can give.

I take that south to avoid those lights. Nice little diversion too...thats where the Wye Oak used to be too.

I also take the Easton Bypass too.

And to avoid the 97/50/Severn Bridge clusterfock I take Benfield Road to Evergreen Road to Old Annapolis Blvd. That dumps out onto Rt 2 one traffic light before merging with 50. 

And when taking 404, take Redden Rd instead of the section of 404 between 13 and 113.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=