BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,521 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:46 AM

The dress rehearsal.

Mike Randall reviewed what to look for here:

BSL: http://baltimorespor...l-two-tune-ups/

Going down the positional groups, I break down what i want to see the Ravens accomplish over the next two games in order to get to 53 guys, and before it starts to count.

#2 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

So, PUP list him after camp. He’s out for six weeks of the regular season. Reassess the receiving group of the roster at that point. Pitta has missed so much time, what’s six more weeks?

Mike you mention doing this with Pitta, but I don't think you can do this, can you? PUP has to be on before the start of camp.

The logjam we have at TE and RB and WR frankly is a bit interesting. And something to watch for in these games. Who is getting reps, do we find a way to keep everyone? 

I like what Butler has done, but I see him as being the odd man out here. And Reynolds is facing a tougher and tougher battle to get a roster spot too. 

#3 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:45 AM

http://www.baltimore...84-762c40c765a6

Looks like Joe will play. I'd love to see him in there for a quarter throwing to the vets Watson, Wallace and Smith. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#4 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:21 AM

http://www.baltimore...6b-0ccfe83766d9

Harbs indicating Judon may get a chance to start this week in an effort to see if it's the level of play or him. 

He’s a gamer, I guess. He’s playing pretty good in practice, but he’s playing really well in games,” Head Coach John Harbaugh said. “What I’d like to do next week is put him in there against the starting offensive tackles and see how he does because he made some big plays for us the last two games.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

Joe needed to play.  Glad he is.

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,747 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:08 AM

I tried to sell my tickets on SH, no one bit even at $17 a piece. Then I tried to donate them and it's too late to do that through the Ravens. I have a message into the Boys and Girls club to see about donating them, but does anyone else have any ideas on charities to donate tickets to? 

I really dont want to go myself, and would like to get the tax write off if possible.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,521 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:43 AM

PressBox: Preseason Week Three A True Barometer For Ravens
https://www.pressbox...eter-for-ravens

#8 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:58 AM

Sounds like Joe plans to play "around a half" according to Zrebiec today.

I want to see some throws to Wallace, Watson and Moore from him. I don't think he's going to play, but Harbs apparently ruled out Smith but not Perriman. Be interesting to see if he gets a few reps in with Joe at some point. Particularly, I want to see Joe air it out a bit. We've really only seen the one pass interference deep ball from Mallett. Teams are seemingly loading the box against the Ravens in the preseason (part of why the running game looked so brutal in the Colts game to me) 

I want to see more of Tavon Young and Will Davis. I thought Davis flashed plus in the slot last week and if Powers isn't going to get it done, nice to know we've got a bit of solid depth behind him. 

I want to see more from Urban / Jernigan / Davis. These guys have a chance to be a major impact on this team this year. With our outside rush ability in much better shape the opportunity is there. Will anyone step up? 

I want to see more from Matt Judon. Zrebiec is also saying that Suggs, Doom and Z. Smith (ankle) all won't play this week. Correa and Judon should be seeing major snaps against a quality QB and first team tackles. That's going to be exciting to watch, even if it's not high impact, great learning opportunity for these guys. 

Finally, I want to see smart strides forward from Lewis. I think he'll start somewhere between 4-6 games this year, maybe more. Just because everyone won't stay healthy. I want to see him be smarter. The game still looks fast for him, but how quickly he learns intellectually will be the big stride for a guy who physically has looked the part. 

I'm actually kind of excited, there was a rookie in all the groups I mentioned but DL where we lost Kaufusi (especially if you consider Perriman one). Big chance for Moore, Young, Judon, Correa, Lewis. And there's still big upside with Stanley and Dixon. This rookie class could be huge and this game could really show us something for this class. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#9 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:59 AM

Mike you mention doing this with Pitta, but I don't think you can do this, can you? PUP has to be on before the start of camp.

The logjam we have at TE and RB and WR frankly is a bit interesting. And something to watch for in these games. Who is getting reps, do we find a way to keep everyone? 

I like what Butler has done, but I see him as being the odd man out here. And Reynolds is facing a tougher and tougher battle to get a roster spot too. 

Youre right. I was confused with the two different PUP lists. Wasn't sure that once you practice for one minute that you can't get PUP at all.
@BSLMikeRandall

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

As long as Joe emerges healthy he gets an A.  I don't need to see anything from him.  He can play worse than he did in his first ever preseason game and he still gets an A if he avoids injury.  A+ if he looks good.

#11 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

I mentioned wanting to see Perriman, but that won't happen this Saturday. I still would like to have seen him if even for one 4th quarter drive. Just to run around, even if they didn't want to throw to him.

If he stays healthy, probably not much of a contributor early on in the season. We'll have to see how they bring him along, how often he sees the field, does he earn more opportunities?
@BSLMikeRandall

#12 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

Stan White has some radio hair right now, he's not ready for camera.

@DaKittenz

#13 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:10 PM

I guess our TE depth isn't so great anymore

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,521 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:12 PM

Flacco connecting with Aiken a couple times, Wallace as well....

#15 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:13 PM

Are we convinced Joe can still throw yet? :D

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,521 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:17 PM

A Tucker FG caps the drive. 3-0.

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,521 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

@jeffzrebiecsun

Flacco misfires to Aiken on third down. Tucker good from 40 yards. Solid first drive from Flacco who was 4-for-6 for 48 yards

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,521 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

@jeffzrebiecsun

Watson tore his Achilles. Done for season.

@jeffzrebiecsun

Remember that TE depth? Watson done for year. Boyle (10 games) and Waller (4) are suspended to start season. Pitta, Maxx Williams both hurt

#19 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,057 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:28 PM

How long is Maxx supposed to be out? 

#20 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:29 PM

@jeffzrebiecsun

Watson tore his Achilles. Done for season.

@jeffzrebiecsun

Remember that TE depth? Watson done for year. Boyle (10 games) and Waller (4) are suspended to start season. Pitta, Maxx Williams both hurt

All Crockett Gillmore, all the time.

Nice throw and catch to Wallace.

@DaKittenz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=