113 replies to this topic

#41 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:40 AM

Monday better for me than Wednesday.  Would likely miss at least part of the draft if it's Wednesday.

Imagine it'll be tricky to find a time that's convenient for everybody, so if it has to be Wednesday, that's fine with me. 

#42 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

Wednesday would work better for me. Would most likely miss Monday.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#43 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:46 AM

Both Monday and Wednesday work for me.

@BSLZackKiesel

#44 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

This Wednesday or next Wednesday?

Labor Day could be tricky for me but I can probably make it happen. Either Wednesday would be fine.

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:27 AM

Whenever.

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

http://doodle.com/po...edk82wcr7#table

Here, this may make it easier to find a date&time, or at the very least, be easier to keep track of.  I gave each weekday night through next Wednesday as an option, with 3 times 6pm, 7:30pm, and 9pm.  The times are just meant to be representative of early-evening, mid-evening, and somewhat later if it matters for people.  We can pick an exact date and time that works best for everybody, not necessarily exactly the same time as the poll option.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#47 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

Anytime
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#48 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:43 PM

Looks like Wed night is doing pretty well so far. Kinda late notice, but next wed is a tiny bit more dicey for me cause I'm trying to set up a scrimmage for my girls to play another team in their age group. Most of them have never played soccer and I want them to see how real game positioning will look in their first game. I could prob still do 9pm on a Wed, but we are usually practicing til 8. Have practice Tues and Thurs this week so I wouldn't cram a scrimmage in this week.

Let's see how it shakes out a few more hours, but if we can squeeze it in, I'm ok with doing it Wed. if most/all can make it. I'll even stay up past my bedtime if I have to :)

@JeremyMStrain

#49 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:53 PM

I'll save you the time, Jeremy, no matter what you tell them every one of them will follow the ball wherever it goes.

• JeremyStrain and Dupin like this

#50 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:59 PM

I'll save you the time, Jeremy, no matter what you tell them every one of them will follow the ball wherever it goes.

Ha, that's my youngest's age group for sure. I've been SLOWLY building these kids up (my oldest is playing up on a 10U team) to know what positions are, and the last couple drills they've been getting it. Now I just need to try it on a larger field (been doing it on a half field) so that they see it spread out and don't do exactly that once the game starts :)

Mine is only 7 and a couple of her best friends are playing with her, so I have from 7-10 year olds and it's been interesting seeing how far I can push some, and how quick the little ones pick up on stuff.

@JeremyMStrain

#51 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:17 PM

Next Thursday night is out for me. Monday is probably good but can't say definitively. Tuesday and Wednesday I'm good

#52 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

http://doodle.com/po...kye/admin#table

7 people have filled out the doodle poll so far for draft availability, a few others have mentioned their availability in the thread. 

Tomorrow night (8/31), next Monday (9/5), and next Wednesday (9/7) all currently have 100% availability with no other date have more than 5/7.  So looks like we're targeting one of those dates.  Everyone else please fill out the poll, Jeremy can decide if we consider tomorrow night or if that's too short of notice.  If not, then it looks like it's down to just next Mon or Wed.

#53 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:28 PM

Tommorow should be good too.

#54 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:29 PM

Looks like Labor Day is surprisingly doable.

#55 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

I guess it's not tonight.

#56 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:55 AM

Monday at 7:30 or 9pm, Tuesday at 9pm or Wednesday at 9pm all had 10/10 responses available. 

It's up to Jeremy as Commish to choose the final time and enter it on the Yahoo! site, but any of those appear like they will work so just go ahead and pick one (or anytime between 7:30 and 9 if it's on Monday).  There also will be a little bit of draft setup stuff to do: ensuring the order is correct, keepers are correct, and that any trades made for picks last year get entered correctly. 

#57 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

Monday at 7:30 or 9pm, Tuesday at 9pm or Wednesday at 9pm all had 10/10 responses available. 

It's up to Jeremy as Commish to choose the final time and enter it on the Yahoo! site, but any of those appear like they will work so just go ahead and pick one (or anytime between 7:30 and 9 if it's on Monday).  There also will be a little bit of draft setup stuff to do: ensuring the order is correct, keepers are correct, and that any trades made for picks last year get entered correctly. 

I thought you were commish too? Didn't we set that up last season? I thought that was the catch for draft pick trading cause i didn't want to mess with that.

I will set the draft and pick order, there's a box to check to import traded picks but outside of that I got nothin.

@JeremyMStrain

#58 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:10 AM

I think assistants reset every year.  I see that you just made me assistant again this year, so I should be able to find time to double check what you set up before the draft. 

#59 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

I think assistants reset every year.  I see that you just made me assistant again this year, so I should be able to find time to double check what you set up before the draft. 

Yeah I looked as I was typing and added you again, I don't know why it resets like that, but you know I'm glad to have the help.

@JeremyMStrain

#60 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:04 AM

Any word on a date/time? Just trying to juggle as my work league made theirs on Wednesday at 8. It's snake order online so I can definitely do both, just want to know ahead of time, if at all possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=