97 replies to this topic

#1 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:30 AM

A place to pass along helpful advice in regards to anything.

So here's one. Parking in Baltimore for O's/Ravens games.

Parking on Park Ave just north of Fayette Street is free after 6 p.m. Mon-Sat and free all day Sunday. It's metered until 4 on Mon-Fri and there's a no stopping sign 4-6 pm but after 6 parking is free. It's just north of the arena so it's not a long walk to the stadium at all. That section of the street doesn't look enticing but I've been parking there for 3 years and never had a problem.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#2 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:33 AM

When you submit a resume for a job, for the love of Pete don't name your file "Resume.pdf".   You will become one of 200 Resume(1).pdf files to your prospective employer.   Name it "Lastname_Firstname_Resume.pdf" or something, get your name in there.

• JeremyStrain likes this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#3 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:45 AM

Parking on Park Ave just north of Fayette Street is free after 6 p.m. Mon-Sat and free all day Sunday. It's metered until 4 on Mon-Fri and there's a no stopping sign 4-6 pm but after 6 parking is free. It's just north of the arena so it's not a long walk to the stadium at all. That section of the street doesn't look enticing but I've been parking there for 3 years and never had a problem.

Since you gave up your secret parking spot, I'll give up mine.  

I've never come down for a Raven's game, but this works out well for O's games.   There's a paid parking lot to the west of M&T Bank Stadium at the corner of Ridgley St and W W St.   I am always able to find an open spot on the street along side that parking lot on Ridgely St where parking is free.

Map

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#4 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:53 AM

You will now when all the posters take your spot. Lol.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:12 AM

When I take my socks off they would always wind up being inside out.   When it came time to do laundry it always took an extra 5-10 minutes to flip them back before pairing them up and putting them away.  Now I just take the extra second when I take them off to make sure they aren't inside out.  Putting them away is a breeze now and takes a fraction of the time it did before.

#little things 

#6 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

When I take my socks off they would always wind up being inside out.   When it came time to do laundry it always took an extra 5-10 minutes to flip them back before pairing them up and putting them away.  Now I just take the extra second when I take them off to make sure they aren't inside out.  Putting them away is a breeze now and takes a fraction of the time it did before.

#little things 

Cause when you have little kids, those 5-10 seconds add up, and they are like lifetimes.

• DuffMan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#7 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

Want an easy way the clean the white parts of your tennis shoes or converse?  Use these:

mmpm-wfNPIcYO58pq5MIERw.jpg

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#8 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

Want an easy way the clean the white parts of your tennis shoes or converse?  Use these:

mmpm-wfNPIcYO58pq5MIERw.jpg

That stuff got Sharpie ink off (out of?) a ball glove... I couldn't believe it, but it did...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#9 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

Register for an account at https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/.   Once you have an account, log in and click "View Earnings Record" to see your reported earnings for every year that you've ever filed taxes.   Paste that info into Excel and do a sum to get your total dollars earned in your lifetime.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#10 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:17 PM

Think your USB charger wall-wart is dead?  

Put it in the freezer for 30 minutes, then try it again...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#11 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:27 PM

You know the pain-in-the-ass plastic clamshell packaging that some items come encased in? That stuff that's so hard to open you shred your hands or break a pair of scissors on? Know what works great to open it? A manual can opener.

#12 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:49 PM

Favorite Google Chrome Extensions

imgur Extension by Metronomik  - Right-click on any image and "rehost image" to send it to imgur so you have an image URL that will work anywhere without having to worry about it disappearing later.  You can also right-click > imgur > Capture to send a full or partial screenshot to imgur.

LastPass: Free Password Manager - Create a LastPass account and log in via the extension.  Then, anytime you enter a username/password on some website, you can save it in LastPass so that it remembers it for you.   All your logins are then stored in one place, and you can access them via the mobile app as well.

uBlock Origin - The best ad blocker extension for Chrome.   Remember to unblock the sites you care about and want to support with ad revenue.

AutoScroll - For Mac or Linux, gives you the ability to middle-click and drag to scroll on a page.

EditThisCookie - A cookie manager you can use to add, delete, edit, search, protect and block cookies

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#13 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:52 PM

Favorite Google Chrome Extensions

LastPass: Free Password Manager - Create a LastPass account and log in via the extension.  Then, anytime you enter a username/password on some website, you can save it in LastPass so that it remembers it for you.   All your logins are then stored in one place, and you can access them via the mobile app as well.

The best of the password-manager bunch, IMO...  it sync's for free across PC's... to also sync across mobile data, you need the $12/yr app...

#14 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:54 PM

The best of the password-manager bunch, IMO...  it sync's for free across PC's... to also sync across mobile data, you need the $12/yr app...

I forgot about that $12 a year.  I pay it because it's worth it.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#15 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:07 PM

Fridge not getting cold enough? Take the cover of the thermostat dial and there's a little screw that can be tightened to make the temperature colder.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#16 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:08 PM

I forgot about that $12 a year.  I pay it because it's worth it.

Me too...  it's the only app I pay an annual fee for...

#17 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:50 PM

Mankind's Greatest Achievements:

1) Fire

2) The Wheel

3) Beer

4) The Frinkiac!

• BSLChrisStoner and Markus like this

#18 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

4) The Frinkiac!

Holy cow The Frinkiac has gotten even better!  You can now build GIF's straight from their site!

#19 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:42 PM

Holy cow The Frinkiac has gotten even better!  You can now build GIF's straight from their site!

I stumbled on that Saturday morning. Suffice to say I accomplished little that day.

• DuffMan likes this

#20 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:42 PM

336960.gif?b64lines=

STUPID SEXY FLANDERS!

• Russ and Markus like this