5 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:33 AM

I was reminded of this earlier in a Baltimore Sun piece in the paper. I was surprised when I came across this back in January, as who knew!

60 Minutes - http://www.baltimore...0509-story.html

Baltimore Sun - http://www.baltimore...0509-story.html

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:44 AM

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#3 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:04 AM

Epic scene
  • SammyBirdland likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,424 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:48 AM

I've done some googling on this over the years and I've found that the Kirkland brand from Costco passes the tests given by whomever it is that studies this stuff and is actually extra virgin olive oil.  I also think it tastes just fine personally.  I keep a big container of that on hand for basic use like sauteeing, but I also keep a small thing of the really good stuff from local stores that specialize in olive oil for things like making salad dressing or drizzling on top of pasta or dunking bread into when you really wanna taste the good stuff.  I buy the really cheap "extra light" olive oil, often just the generic brand or whatever is on the deepest sale, for making homemade mayo and I think it tastes really good (wouldn't want strong olive oil flavor coming through for that).

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

I use it on a lot of stuff. Good for your heart too.

#6 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:29 PM

I've done some googling on this over the years and I've found that the Kirkland brand from Costco passes the tests given by whomever it is that studies this stuff and is actually extra virgin olive oil.  I also think it tastes just fine personally.  I keep a big container of that on hand for basic use like sauteeing, but I also keep a small thing of the really good stuff from local stores that specialize in olive oil for things like making salad dressing or drizzling on top of pasta or dunking bread into when you really wanna taste the good stuff.  I buy the really cheap "extra light" olive oil, often just the generic brand or whatever is on the deepest sale, for making homemade mayo and I think it tastes really good (wouldn't want strong olive oil flavor coming through for that).

Their Kirkland brand is probably the best generic brand in just about every category.  I had a friend who supervised a company that manufactured trash bags for a bunch of name brand and generic companies.  Kirkland was as good as the name brands and by far better than any of the other generics.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=