#21 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:49 PM

I saw Lucas say on Facebook that Natty Boh probably wasn't willing to pay the standard fee for getting their beer in the park.

But sure, the concessions aren't good overall. I don't think the beer aspect is really a problem though, and you can bring in food, which is nice. Plus, a big positive of Camden Yards is it's downtown, so pregame eating options are plentiful.

A lot of people don't give a damn about pregame eating, especially when they have families.

It's part of the whole experience.

I don't agree with the reasoning myself, for many of the reasons you stated. That being said, there are a lot reasons someone would turn down going to the game and if shit concessions were one of them, so be it.

#22 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:53 PM

I saw Lucas say on Facebook that Natty Boh probably wasn't willing to pay the standard fee for getting their beer in the park.

But sure, the concessions aren't good overall. I don't think the beer aspect is really a problem though, and you can bring in food, which is nice. Plus, a big positive of Camden Yards is it's downtown, so pregame eating options are plentiful.

A lot of people don't give a damn about pregame eating, especially when they have families.

I don't agree with the reasoning myself, for many of the reasons you stated. That being said, there are a lot reasons someone would turn down going to the game

and if shit concessions were one of them, so be it.

For a family, bringing food makes a lot more sense. Also, most families are going to get pretty typical ballgame food (hot dogs, nachos, soft pretzels, chicken tenders, etc) and I think Camden Yards is pretty standard in that regard. Boog's has a lot of appeal for people too.

#23 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:55 PM

For a family, bringing food makes a lot more sense. Also, most families are going to get pretty typical ballgame food (hot dogs, nachos, soft pretzels, chicken tenders, etc) and I think Camden Yards is pretty standard in that regard. Boog's has a lot of appeal for people too.

Bringing food in is nice.

All the food you mentioned is terrible at the park except maybe nachos and that's impossible to screw up.

There's enough for some/most. But stuff like this can alienate people.

#24 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:56 PM

Bringing food in is nice.

All the food you mentioned is terrible at the park except maybe nachos and that's impossible to screw up.

There's enough for some/most. But stuff like this can alienate people.

That level of quality for those items is pretty typical across the league.

#25 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:06 PM

I'm a huge beer nerd, and when I go to O's games, I typically drink Boh....outside at the bars, I'll drink local or high end, but in the park, nothing but BOH.  I don't know why, it's just tradition for my wife and I.  Now they're gonna take THAT AWAY.  

I just hope if they are taking BOH away it's not to add on yet another shitty macro offering, but offer more high end offerings at a much friendlier price.  It ain't gonna happen.  

I didn't renew my 13-game plan this year, due to my wife and i scheudling a trip the Caribbean for our 10 year anniversary and then taking our kids to Disney over Thanksgiving, but if I want BOH, I guess I'll have to go get cheap ass beer across the street at the Dugout!

All the beer prices are crazy, but the craft beer prices aren't bad compared to the macro beers, not bad at all.

If they weren't 12 oz pours they wouldn't be terrible but I'm sure those prices will go up too.

I don't think the up charge is any worse than what is typical at a bar. Probably actually better than average in that regard.

#26 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,806 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:54 AM

All the beer prices are crazy, but the craft beer prices aren't bad compared to the macro beers, not bad at all.

All while getting LESS of it if you get a draft.  

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#27 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

I don't agree with the reasoning myself, for many of the reasons you stated. That being said, there are a lot reasons someone would turn down going to the game and if shit concessions were one of them, so be it.

That's why they changed game start times from 8p to 7p... so families wouldn't have time to eat before the game...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#28 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:36 AM

All while getting LESS of it if you get a draft.

Sure, but my point still stands on a cost per ounce basis.

#29 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:40 AM

O's Insider blog: Hold your Boh's: National Bohemian will still be served at Camden Yards in 2016: SA... bsun.md/1QNLWB0 #Orioles

#30 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

Just another joy of going to O's games has died. Getting used to it with this team.

That last 4 years of losing have really seemed to sour you compared to the prior 13...oh wait. 

#31 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:03 AM

It's just dumb. The team is going to be mediocre this year and so will the beer selection.

The team might be mediocre. Calling Natty Boh mediocre would be generous. Just spend the extra dollar and get a good beer.

I agree with Sean. I'm a huge beer snob but when I'm at the game it's tough to continually get solid beer due to availability and drinking more than a few when it's hot out is a recipe for sickness.

@fuzydunlop

#32 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

It's just dumb. The team is going to be mediocre this year and so will the beer selection.

The team might be mediocre. Calling Natty Boh mediocre would be generous. Just spend the extra dollar and get a good beer.

I agree with Sean. I'm a huge beer snob but when I'm at the game it's tough to continually get solid beer due to availability and drinking more than a few when it's hot out is a recipe for sickness.

Availability isn't an issue at all imo.

I almost never drink more than a few anyway due to the cost, and much prefer night games where the risk of sickness isn't as high. To your point though, I don't think IPAs or a beer like Namaste are a problem in that regard, at least not for me.

But if your objective is to drink a ton at a game, then I see your point, but to me, it doesn't really matter a ton which of the crappy beers are available. I guess some really do like Boh more, but in this area it's probably more due to nostalgia than a taste.

#33 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:48 AM

Eduardo Encina just tweeted that this rumor is not true, and that Natty Boh will still be served at Camden Yards this season.

@BSLZackKiesel

#34 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:49 AM

Such a shitty beer.
  • BSLZackKiesel likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#35 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:55 AM

That's why they changed game start times from 8p to 7p... so families wouldn't have time to eat before the game...

I thought it was so games didn't end after 11 for kids on school nights or adults who work early mornings?
@BSLMikeRandall

#36 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

Well Sean, at least another one of your joys of going to a game isn't dying yet.

What other joys are you referring to?

Lol.

@bopper33

#37 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

When did the games ever start at 8?

#38 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:04 AM

I thought it was so games didn't end after 11 for kids on school nights or adults who work early mornings?

This is the non-paranoid non-cynical non-soylent green take.

@bopper33

#39 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:05 AM

When did the games ever start at 8?

I remember them starting at 735 when I was younger. Braves games still start at 735 I believe because it gives fans 30 less minutes in the sun. Either that or the team has some nefarious reason behind it.

@bopper33

#40 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:33 AM

http://www.baltimore...0419-story.html

Very strange progression of this story. It was a rumor, then not true, they had the beer at the games for the first homestand, now it's gone and doesn't appear to be coming back.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=