84 replies to this topic

#1 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

@BeerInBaltimore

Breaking: #NattyBoh - the top selling beer at Camden Yards, will NOT be carried by the @Orioles in 2016.

#2 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:27 PM

I don't really care, but this seems odd given it was the best selling beer.
  • Chris B likes this

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:30 PM

Good.

#4 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

I don't really care, but this seems odd given it was the best selling beer.

And I'm sure it has the highest profit margin too. Pushing Boh for $8 when it costs probably .50 a can.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

Seems dumb since people like it but it's awful, so I personally don't care.

The Orioles need to figure out how to do concessions well, though.

#6 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,866 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

Seriously!??!!???!

Jeremy%20Piven%20-%20Get%20the%20Fuck%20

• Markus likes this
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#7 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:27 PM

Well that's one less reason to go see the O's this season. Not that I love paying $8 for a beer that should cost 75 cents but it's still better than any macro swill they sell.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:28 PM

That's seriously a reason not to see the O's???

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:30 PM

It's just dumb. The team is going to be mediocre this year and so will the beer selection.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:31 PM

It's just dumb. The team is going to be mediocre this year and so will the beer selection.

The team might be mediocre. Calling Natty Boh mediocre would be generous. Just spend the extra dollar and get a good beer.

#11 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

I like Boh and obviously others do too since it was best selling beer. They got rid of 24 oz $10 cans, now Boh. What's next? Just more bad decisions from the concession waterheads down there.

#12 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,866 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:38 PM

I'm a huge beer nerd, and when I go to O's games, I typically drink Boh....outside at the bars, I'll drink local or high end, but in the park, nothing but BOH.  I don't know why, it's just tradition for my wife and I.  Now they're gonna take THAT AWAY.  

I just hope if they are taking BOH away it's not to add on yet another shitty macro offering, but offer more high end offerings at a much friendlier price.  It ain't gonna happen.  

I didn't renew my 13-game plan this year, due to my wife and i scheudling a trip the Caribbean for our 10 year anniversary and then taking our kids to Disney over Thanksgiving, but if I want BOH, I guess I'll have to go get cheap ass beer across the street at the Dugout!

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#13 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:38 PM

I'll shed a tear for you Sean.

#14 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:40 PM

A symbol of ignoring the fans wants? Is that a stretch?

I think if someone doesn't want to go to the game because the concessions are a joke and the team does nothing to enhance that experience, that it can be a valid reason.

When Pedro did his ballpark list, he would bring this type of thing up.

Now, Natty boh is disgusting IMO and not having it means nothing to me but still, if the fans like it, you keep it.

Of course, we don't know the reasons behind it, so it's tough to judge things fully.

#15 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:40 PM

I'm a huge beer nerd, and when I go to O's games, I typically drink Boh....outside at the bars, I'll drink local or high end, but in the park, nothing but BOH.  I don't know why, it's just tradition for my wife and I.  Now they're gonna take THAT AWAY.  

I just hope if they are taking BOH away it's not to add on yet another shitty macro offering, but offer more high end offerings at a much friendlier price.  It ain't gonna happen.  

I didn't renew my 13-game plan this year, due to my wife and i scheudling a trip the Caribbean for our 10 year anniversary and then taking our kids to Disney over Thanksgiving, but if I want BOH, I guess I'll have to go get cheap ass beer across the street at the Dugout!

All the beer prices are crazy, but the craft beer prices aren't bad compared to the macro beers, not bad at all.

#16 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:41 PM

Just another joy of going to O's games has died. Getting used to it with this team.

#17 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:41 PM

All the beer prices are crazy, but the craft beer prices aren't bad compared to the macro beers, not bad at all.

If they weren't 12 oz pours they wouldn't be terrible but I'm sure those prices will go up too.

#18 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:45 PM

A symbol of ignoring the fans wants? Is that a stretch?

I think if someone doesn't want to go to the game because the concessions are a joke and the team does nothing to enhance that experience, that it can be a valid reason.

When Pedro did his ballpark list, he would bring this type of thing up.

Now, Natty boh is disgusting IMO and not having it means nothing to me but still, if the fans like it, you keep it.

Of course, we don't know the reasons behind it, so it's tough to judge things fully.

I saw Lucas say on Facebook that Natty Boh probably wasn't willing to pay the standard fee for getting their beer in the park.

But sure, the concessions aren't good overall. I don't think the beer aspect is really a problem though, and you can bring in food, which is nice. Plus, a big positive of Camden Yards is it's downtown, so pregame eating options are plentiful.

#19 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:47 PM

3 years ago the concessions were good. There was excitement about the new food. Now it completely sucks again. And the prices went up too.

#20 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:48 PM

I'd get the allegiance to Natty Boh more if it were still brewed locally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=