#21 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:51 PM

Ugh. A city full of people we can't stand when the Yankees are in town? Nah, I'll pass.

They suck.

SG you'll like Chicago. Don't listen to Weber. Not enough trees here

I think it's reasonable to be skeptical of someone liking Chicago if they hate NYC. Obviously there are key differences, but most of the reasons why people would hate NYC can be applied to Chicago in some way as well.

But it's hard for me to fathom anyone hating NYC that just doesn't dislike big cities in general.

#22 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:57 PM

I think it's reasonable to be skeptical of someone liking Chicago if they hate NYC. Obviously there are key differences, but most of the reasons why people would hate NYC can be applied to Chicago in some way as well.

But it's hard for me to fathom anyone hating NYC that just doesn't dislike big cities in general.

It's hard for me to fathom anyone hating a place if they don't know that place...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#23 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:00 PM

It's a cleaner, smaller, nicer New York.

The problem is the weather IMO. It's all the crap we get in the Midwest, ie the insane wind, magnified to eleven with the disadvantage of lake effect snow.

That being said, there's actually a 20 percent chance I'm moving there in the next few months. When in comes to Midwestern cities I'd prefer Minneapolis though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=