BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:47 PM

Wish MD would play Navy more often

Been saying for years that I wish the Crab Bowl was an annual thing. The 2010 game in M&T on Labor Day was an amazing game, ending with that epic goal line stand by the Terps with Kenny Tate diving over the line to stop Ricky Dobbs.

@BSLZackKiesel

#42 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:54 PM

I'm thinking Navy is probably less inclined to play MD than vice-versa.

#43 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:58 AM

I'm thinking Navy is probably less inclined to play MD than vice-versa.

Yeah, everything I've ever heard is that the reluctance is on their end, not Maryland's.

@BSLZackKiesel

#44 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

Yeah, everything I've ever heard is that the reluctance is on their end, not Maryland's.

With them joining the AAC, plus their rivalry games with Army, Air Force and ND, it only leaves them with 1 game a season for scheduling themselves. And more often than not, they probably want that to be a game they can play on their home field (ND never plays in Annapolis and Army is always neutral site). They probably also want to avoid Power 5 schools for an opponent they have a greater likelihood of beating, for bowl eligibility.

In other words, I wouldn't expect to see Navy on the schedule anytime soon, unless they somehow get paired up in a bowl game, but even that is probably unlikely. The AAC and B1G currently don't have any bowl agreements that pit them head-to-head, so it would have to be a game where one or both is a fill-in for another conference.

#45 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:24 PM

The Terps have scheduled their season-opening opponent for 2022....Buffalo.  :roll:

https://maryland.247...-2027-118275593

The trend here is definitely becoming more obvious between the two revenue sports. Starting to think this isn't a Turgeon thing, or a Durkin thing, or an Edsall thing....at this point it can't really be a Kevin Anderson thing anymore either. This chicken-shit scheduling has to be coming from higher.

#46 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

It’s the Pedro Bowl!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#47 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:35 PM

Next season's B1G opener against Penn State has been moved from Saturday to Friday night, Sept 27th. Kickoff time and TV are still TBD. Most of this past season's Friday night games kicked off at either 8 or 9 ET.

#48 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

Next season's B1G opener against Penn State has been moved from Saturday to Friday night, Sept 27th. Kickoff time and TV are still TBD. Most of this past season's Friday night games kicked off at either 8 or 9 ET.

Nice.  I have several friends that are PSU alums and we are going to try to coordinate a nice tailgate before this game. 

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#49 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:58 PM

Nice.  I have several friends that are PSU alums and we are going to try to coordinate a nice tailgate before this game. 

Might want to secure an off-campus spot to park for that one. When I had season tix there were several Thursday night games I went to, and we couldn't park in our assigned spot earlier than 5:30, or somewhere around that time.

#50 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:01 PM

Maryland announces they've scheduled a home and home with UConn in 2024 and 2026. Randy Edsall will probably be fired and re-hired by then.

@BSLZackKiesel

#51 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:44 PM

Since UConn will probably be kicked out of the AAC by then (why keep them, since they are moving their only sports that matter, namely men's and women's hoops, to the Big East?) then this is probably going to end up being an FCS "Guarantee Game." That being the likely scenario, I sure hope the Terps have an out clause in the contract that doesn't require them to go to CT for that 2026 return game. It'd be pretty humiliating to have to travel to play an FCS team....of course, that'd be about as Maryland Football as Maryland Football gets.

• Pedro Cerrano likes this

#52 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:58 AM

Since UConn will probably be kicked out of the AAC by then (why keep them, since they are moving their only sports that matter, namely men's and women's hoops, to the Big East?) then this is probably going to end up being an FCS "Guarantee Game." That being the likely scenario, I sure hope the Terps have an out clause in the contract that doesn't require them to go to CT for that 2026 return game. It'd be pretty humiliating to have to travel to play an FCS team....of course, that'd be about as Maryland Football as Maryland Football gets.

UConn will be an independent in football following this season - UConn has already announced that as the AAC will not keep them as a football-only member. 

#53 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:07 AM

UConn will be an independent in football following this season

Good luck with that.

#54 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:45 AM

Maryland announces a future home game against Toledo in 2024. It'll be the first meeting between the two schools.

@BSLZackKiesel

#55 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 July 2021 - 12:04 PM

Maryland announces a home-and-home series with UCF in 2025 (College Park, MD) and 2028 (Orlando, FL). 

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLRoseKatz like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#56 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 28 July 2021 - 12:12 PM

Maryland announces a home-and-home series with UCF in 2025 (College Park, MD) and 2028 (Orlando, FL). 

I like it, they should always be willing to play non-P5 schools who are good. Get BYU or Cincy on the phone next.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

she/her

#57 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 10:25 AM

By that time, either UCF might be Power 5, or the Power 5 will have ceased to exist.

• BSLRoseKatz likes this

#58 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 29 July 2021 - 03:50 PM

By that time, either UCF might be Power 5, or the Power 5 will have ceased to exist.

Like a 20% chance they're in the same conference as Maryland lol

she/her

#59 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 02:46 PM

The Athletic: Big Ten discussing potential elimination of divisions as part of future football scheduling plans

It's paywalled, obviously, but they also are looking at reducing conference games from 9 to 8, with the extra non-conference game being used to schedule ACC/Pac-12 teams.

Pac-12 has gone on record several times saying they are ready to make this happen as soon as 2023.

#60 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 26 January 2022 - 05:21 PM

The Athletic: Big Ten discussing potential elimination of divisions as part of future football scheduling plans

It's paywalled, obviously, but they also are looking at reducing conference games from 9 to 8, with the extra non-conference game being used to schedule ACC/Pac-12 teams.

Pac-12 has gone on record several times saying they are ready to make this happen as soon as 2023.

Oregon-Maryland home-and-home where each school comes up with the most outrageous uniforms possible

she/her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=