#41 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:07 AM

That kid who was asking if he would be done in time for 6th period understood what his rights were?

Even after being in jail for awhile, he's asking his Mom if he will be home for WrestleMania. To me, he clearly lacked the cognitive ability to understand his circumstances at all.

I'll defer to your legal expertise, but that was disturbing to me.

No one would ever confuse him with a Rhodes Scholar.

Being an idiot, he could've conceived that he'd get help from the investigators once he shared some unpleasant facts. Indeed, investigators usually give a very vague promise of help if the interviewee just tells the truth. The interviewee isn't sure of what the help would be, but here perhaps hoped it included going home that day.

#42 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:06 PM

ID Channel had a one hour special dedicated to the case, and brought to light evidence the Netflix series makers omitted.

The most damming in Stevens case is that the day of Teresa's death, he made two calls to her, around 2:30pm, while using *67 to block his number from appearing. The murder took place around 3:30pm. Then at 4:30 pm, he made another call to her cell phone, but without the *67 number block. He didn't need to block his number if she was already dead. Seems like an alibi that even a person with his low IQ could make up. "If I killed her at 3:30, why would I call her at 4:30" defense. 

Teresa had been to the property about a half dozen times, and a few times Steven allegedly answered the door in nothing but a towel, tried getting her into his house, to which she never obliged. She wanted never to go back there. So when she went back, it was because Steven had his sisters name on the order for the pictures for Teresa to take, and he requested "send that same girl you sent the last couple times." 

The defense for Steven claims, despite Steven requesting Teresa to come to the house, she was Auto Trader's only photographer in that region, so she would have went anyway. He placed his sisters name on the order because it was her car. 

I've been on the fence. But the fact on the message to Auto Trader he requested Teresa, makes it sound like he targeted her. Plus the apparent cell phone record alibi...yeah, thats fishy. I think he did it.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

Brendan Dassey ordered released....

#44 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:47 PM

Brendan Dassey ordered released....

I think that's great news.
  • BSLChrisStoner and Russ like this

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:04 PM

Pt 2 now streaming.

• Mike in STL likes this

#46 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

The second season wasn't as compelling. But the Massey attorneys seemed to do a very good job. 

Here's something that came to mind, early on while watching the first season. After he was found not guilty and released from jail, I thought it was a really bad idea for him to bring a $36M suit against the county. My immediate thought was, they aren't going to take that lying down. They obviously don't have that kind of money to give away. It was foolish to swing that stick at the hornets' nest. Because, while he was innocent of the first murder conviction, he was still a dirt bag that no one liked.   

With that collection of thoughts in my head, I could see the motivation to frame Avery.   

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#47 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:01 PM

Just finished part 2.

So much new evidence. As an outsider with no expertise, I thought Avery's defense did a pretty good job, but his post-conviction lawyer exposed some flaws that they should have pointed out. A little bit of "The Staircase" to it where they look at blood spatter to see if they could have done it. 

All I can say is, if they did do it, then shame on them for a lot of things, including wasting everyones time and tax dollars. Shame on the film makers for making a one-sided, money making machine, drumming up sympathy for psychopaths. If they didn't do it, then it's a giant miscarriage of justice, and you can't help but feel sorry for Brendan. 

In part 2 they didn't bring up anything that other reports have since noted (My post above lists those). Avery potentially targeting Teresa, or at a minimum having a stalker like crush on her. But the other things Avery's new lawyer has discovered are pretty eye opening. Though now I'll have to go read and see what was left out of this chapter by the proven to be biased film makers.

Anyone that watched it think any of the new suspects might have done it? 

• BobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#48 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:52 AM

If this turns out to be true...MIND BLOWN

https://www.newsweek...-teresa-1460835

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#49 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:21 PM

If this turns out to be true...MIND BLOWN

https://www.newsweek...-teresa-1460835

Yooooooooooo

I will say this. Murderers have made sweetheart deals with people to be convicted of stuff so that other people get off. As in, "I'm not everleaving jail ANYWAY, so I'll help my friend out in exchange for a healthy sum of money for my family."

So it's something to keep in mind. 

#50 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:56 PM

https://www.google.c.../amp/7194565002

#51 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 08:12 PM

That’s pretty crazy.

Wisconsin seems intent to keep Avery behind bars whether he’s really guilty or not so I doubt this really goes anywhere.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#52 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:12 PM

Can’t wait to watch 10 episodes of tease that ends in a cliffhanger about it in season 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=