#101 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

Alright everyone, Raines is in. Get on the Moose bandwagon. 

It's kind of difficult to positively distinguish Mussina from Schilling besides things they've said or not said in retirement.

Kind of hard to believe so many think Hoffman should be in, but not those two.

#102 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

It's great to see Raines finally get in!

Bagwell too considering he should have been a 1st ballot guy.

Pudge is also worthy.

Congrats to them all.

• BSLChrisStoner and B00E00N00 like this

#103 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

It's kind of difficult to positively distinguish Mussina from Schilling besides things they've said in retirement.

Kind of hard to believe so many think Hoffman should be in, but not those two.

I'd vote for both. But my homerism tilts towards wanting a Mussina campaign above all. Separating Bonds/Clemens as another group- Edgar, Walker, Schilling, maybe Sheffield can all be good pet projects. Mussina is at the top of the rooting scale. 

#104 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:12 AM

I see Edgar got 58.6% of the vote.  Would have liked to see him get in.  Don't worry, I'm sure the BBWAA will treat Ortiz similarly and won't slobber all over him all the way to the HOF.

• Don Quixote likes this

#105 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:01 AM

I see Edgar got 58.6% of the vote. Would have liked to see him get in. Don't worry, I'm sure the BBWAA will treat Ortiz similarly and won't slobber all over him all the way to the HOF.

He's jumped 34 points in two years. A similar jump next year would put him in, and even if not he still has another year after.

He's also likely to be the next Blyleven/Raines popular argument guy, so that should help.
  • Don Quixote likes this
@DJ_McCann

#106 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

He's jumped 34 points in two years. A similar jump next year would put him in, and even if not he still has another year after.

He's also likely to be the next Blyleven/Raines popular argument guy, so that should help.

I'm aware of that.  Just making the point that despite Martínez of having better #s than Ortiz, it's likely the writers may have a love fest and vote him in on the 1st ballot, or at most shortly after while Edgar has had to wait 7 years and counting.

#107 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:42 PM

I'm aware of that.  Just making the point that despite Martínez of having better #s than Ortiz, it's likely the writers may have a love fest and vote him in on the 1st ballot, or at most shortly after while Edgar has had to wait 7 years and counting.

Oh, sure. But I think that helps Martinez, because as Ortiz's career has been winding down people trying to take him down the "greatest DH" path have been running into the giant roadblock that is Edgar. I'm guessing that's part of why his vote totals have jumped.

• B00E00N00 likes this
@DJ_McCann

#108 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:59 PM

Oh, sure. But I think that helps Martinez, because as Ortiz's career has been winding down people trying to take him down the "greatest DH" path have been running into the giant roadblock that is Edgar. I'm guessing that's part of why his vote totals have jumped.

Let's hope Edgar makes it next time while they make Ortiz wait.... plus there's Thome too next year...

So, it's a mash of DH's, all at once... I wonder if we'll see a quota effect... anyway, Ortiz should go last....

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#109 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

Joe Posnanski: The Ballpark Penalty
  • Mike in STL likes this
@DJ_McCann

#110 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

Sports on Earth: Top Moments from New Hall of Famers

#111 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

CBS Sports: Why this Baseball Hall of Fame ceremony brought more closure than it has in decades
https://www.cbssport...has-in-decades/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=