72 replies to this topic

#41 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:18 PM

I said it in the 1995 thread. The moves they made in December 1995 were insane. 

Phase 1 of PA...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#42 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:37 PM

Happy 20th!!!

DontBeaMenace_v2_Approved.png

• The Epic likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#43 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:48 AM

20 years later, I still don't know who O'Donnell is trying to throw the ball to.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#44 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

Happy 20th!

Alleyezonme.jpg

the-fugees-the-score.jpg?itok=-ehnsDAA

• The Epic likes this

#45 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

Tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of one of the great O's games of our generation.

http://www.baseball-...199605170.shtml

• Icterus galbula likes this

#46 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:51 PM

Tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of one of the great O's games of our generation.

Without clicking, Im going to assume thats the Hoiles ultimate walkoff. 

#47 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:54 PM

DING%20DING_zpsk6iih1xk.gif

• glenn__davis likes this

#48 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:58 PM

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#49 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

#50 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

I was at that game. Last row of section 32 with my family. I don't think I appreciated how cool an ultimate grand slam was at the time. I do remember that HTS used the highlight for a good five years to promote O's baseball.

#51 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:20 PM

I was there too! Great moment to say the least!

#52 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:40 PM

I believe it's the only one in ML history. Remember going nuts watching it on tv.

#53 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:48 PM

Was there... tickets behind the visiting dugout.. left in the top of the 9th despite my objections. Good times!

#54 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:01 PM

I was in SRO behind the scoreboard (flag porch). Back when those tix cost just $3 on the day of the game (bleacher seats were $5). $3 to see the greatest game I've ever seen in person (or likely ever will see). I'll never forget that ball going out. What a game.

#55 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:06 PM

I was in SRO behind the scoreboard (flag porch). Back when those tix cost just $3 on the day of the game (bleacher seats were $5). $3 to see the greatest game I've ever seen in person (or likely ever will see). I'll never forget that ball going out. What a game.

Well, you saw something that only the people who were there have ever been witness to... except for the end of that game, it's never happened before or since... so, you're part of a very small club...

#56 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

Well, you saw something that only the people who were there have ever been witness to... except for the end of that game, it's never happened before or since... so, you're part of a very small club...
According to Wikipedia, Alan Trammell did it in 1988 also. Can't confirm because I'm at work though. 3-2 count. Two outs. Down three. Walk off slam.

#57 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:54 AM

It was bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, full count. The interesting thing is that Ive found numerous articles in the last 5 years or so that have stated that Hoiles was the only one to do it 3-2 and 2 outs. Its not that hard to research and see that Trammell had done it too. That's poor research and journalism.

#58 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

According to Wikipedia, Alan Trammell did it in 1988 also. Can't confirm because I'm at work though. 3-2 count. Two outs. Down three. Walk off slam.

bb-ref says you're right... last time I looked (God knows how long ago), Hoiles was listed as the only one...  

Other lists are wrong because they don't include the count in the list of "ultimates"... but bb-ref says it was a 3-2 count...

So, the small club you're a part of is 26.535 larger than I realized... still, a pretty small club, considering how many tickets have been sold to ballgames...

• Stringer Bell likes this

#59 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:46 AM

Ironically, Khris Davis hit a walk off grand slam last night.

#60 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

Ironically, Khris Davis hit a walk off grand slam last night.

His 3rd HR of the night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=