http://baltimorespor...umbo-good-move/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

Camden Depot: In Trading For Mark Trumbo, Orioles Make Their First Notable Move Of The Offseason

http://camdendepot.b...ioles-make.html

Camden Chat: Dig the long ball? Mark Trumbo has you covered

#3 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:26 PM

Well, this is interesting...  if your team OBP sucks what you really need is not an OBP guy... what you need is another slugger...

http://www.fangraphs...of-obp-and-slg/

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#4 Zeppers

Zeppers
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:39 PM

Its not an awful move if 1 of 2 things happens. Davis stays its the RH DH Buck was looking for back in 2014 when he brought in Delmon Young before Cruz fell in the Birds lap.  (or) Davis Bolts the Birds sign Gordon and Span. You 3 decent players for the price of 1. Well maybe price of 2. But you get my drift. In a perfect world the Birds keep Davis and land Span and Gordon or similar players. If they ink Davis and O'Day they can package Mancini and Britton for a starter. Who that is lord knows but a thought. Sale? Dreaming but hey its just words on the pc im not an expert. 

• BSLChrisStoner and fishteacher like this

#5 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:13 PM

C.J. Riefenhouser (sp?) is the other player in play for the O's, per MLBTradeRumors. My apologies if that's been posted already.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#6 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:30 PM

C.J. Riefenhouser (sp?) is the other player in play for the O's, per MLBTradeRumors. My apologies if that's been posted already.

Looks like a good arm. The Mariners just got him from the Rays, although I think we all would prefer one of the other guys they got in that deal.

• BSLChrisStoner and FFH like this
@DJ_McCann

#7 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:35 PM

Looks like a good arm. The Mariners just got him from the Rays, although I think we all would prefer one of the other guys they got in that deal.

tb.jpg?w=474

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:50 PM

Upper 80s/low 90s.   Good vs lefties in the minors.

Solid guy to get in this deal.  Not sure why Seattle felt compelled to add a player here but hey, I'll take it.

He may never amount to anything but yiu just keep stockpiling guys like this for your pen as opposed to pissing money away on it, like they did last year.

• BobPhelan likes this

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:39 PM

Clevenger replacement?:

http://www.mlbtrader...ade-royals.html

#10 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:58 PM

Roch Kubatko @masnRoch 4h4 hours ago

Duquette: “Trumbo is a proven Major League run producer who will add depth and power to our lineup.”

Roch Kubatko @masnRoch 4h4 hours ago

Duquette:“Riefenhauser is a solid LH relief pitching prospect who will add depth to our bullpen and should contribute to the club in 2016.”

Roch Kubatko @masnRoch 3h3 hours ago

Duquette said Trumbo's best position is 1B but he also can play LF and is familiar with the DH role. To be determined #orioles

Trumbo says he doesn't mind DHing at all. "I have no problem with it whatsoever." Says most comfortable at 1st.

Duquette on whether Trumbo, Davis and Pearce could all be #orioles in 2016: "This isn't the last move that we're going to make."

Trumbo: “I'm extremely excited to be headed to a new location & a team that I’ve always had a heck of a lot of respect for playing against."

#11 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:58 PM

Trumbo will add depth to the lineup......and we will need that depth when Davis isn't here in a couple weeks.
@BSLMikeRandall

#12 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:50 AM

If he plays 1B and his defensive numbers there are for real, a decent move.    At any other position, 9M is too much.

• CA-ORIOLE likes this

#13 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

Jerry Crasnick – Verified account ‏@jcrasnick Mark Trumbo of the #Orioles agrees to a $9.15M deal to avoid salary arbitration.
@MKlein76

#14 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

MLBTR projected $9.1M, pretty close!

#15 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

MLBTR projected $9.1M, pretty close!

Moving expenses....don't want him to have to struggle getting by.

@mikeghg

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

CSN Mid-Atlantic: Trumbo looking forward to being part of big-time lineup
http://www.csnmidatl...big-time-lineup

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

With all the moves this off season, Trumbo is one that gets lost.  It will be interesting to see how he does in Camden Yards with the short right field porch.

If nothing else, it will be interesting to see some of the distances on the balls Davis and Trumbo get into.

@mikeghg

#18 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:43 AM

With all the moves this off season, Trumbo is one that gets lost.  It will be interesting to see how he does in Camden Yards with the short right field porch.

If nothing else, it will be interesting to see some of the distances on the balls Davis and Trumbo get into.

Trumbo's a right-handed hitter.  He's not a dead-pull guy, but I think it's the left-field wall he'll be trying to exploit.

Trumbo's ISO and HR/FB are both down dramatically the last two years compared to when he was in Anaheim.  He's hit doubles at about the same clip, so the loss in power seem to be mostly in HRs.  He's only hit 36 the last two years over about 900 PA, compared to 95 in the previous 1800 PA.  This despite the parks he moved to (Arizona for 1 1/2 years and Seattle for 1/2) are both better HR parks than Anaheim (Arizona 105, Seattle 97, Anaheim 93 for RHB), so I don't think it's due to location.  However, his average distance per fly ball hasn't really changed, in fact it's up slightly to steadily ~295 feet the past 3 years up from 291-292 feet in '11 & '12. 

I'm expecting something in the 750 OPS range, driven by slugging with slightly over 20 HRs.  255/310/440 seems about right. 

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:49 AM

Baltimore Sun: Orioles slugger Mark Trumbo finding his groove, approach after 'killed' home run
http://www.baltimore...0319-story.html

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:52 PM

4 hits for Trumbo in his O's debut...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=