112 replies to this topic

#101 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

What if a kid didn't really wanna do it but saw all the other players and recruits go ahead and do it? Even if they aren't specifically pressuring him, there is pressure.

And that's the problem with these situations involving underaged kids. It's OK to tell an adult to live with and take account of their actions even if they were somewhat pressured into those actions. I don't think you can always tell a 15 year old kid the same thing.

#102 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:31 PM

The problem is that it's against the law and, in your example, outside of the girl just being a slut, I just don't believe they would willing sleep with the teacher without some kind of pressure or something like that.

There was no interpretation...that's what I said.

#103 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:33 PM

Underage people can't give consent to someone much older. That's the whole point.

1) I don't buy that.

2). 16 is the legal age of consent.

In Kentucky. Were all of these recruits from Kentucky? I think 16 is too young for any states age of consent, personally. Remember this doesn't mean it's illegal for them to have sex. It means it's illegal for the older person if they are much older. I think it's 4 years. So a 21 y/o college junior and a 16 y/o high school sophomore.

Transporting a minor across state lines to avoid statutory rape age limits sounds like it's probably a big federal no-no to me.

#104 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:34 PM

What if a kid didn't really wanna do it but saw all the other players and recruits go ahead and do it? Even if they aren't specifically pressuring him, there is pressure.And that's the problem with these situations involving underaged kids. It's OK to tell an adult to live with and take account of their actions even if they were somewhat pressured into those actions. I don't think you can always tell a 15 year old kid the same thing.

I think this is a big reach.

I will say this...and one thing I will say about the victimless stuff.

If the player is gay but is afraid to come out, they would be victim here.

I am sure there would be some situation like that where I would agree the person is a victim. Now, they could still say no but I agree the pressure could be a bit much there

So, I shouldn't make the blanket statement that its victimless because there would be certain circumstances, including an std.

But in your "normal scenario", I don't see any of these recruits or hookers as bein a victim.

#105 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:34 PM

The problem is that it's against the law and, in your example, outside of the girl just being a slut, I just don't believe they would willing sleep with the teacher without some kind of pressure or something like that.

There was no interpretation...that's what I said.

Yeah, so according to you, she's a slut unless she was pressured into it.

#106 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:35 PM

In Kentucky. Were all of these recruits from Kentucky? I think 16 is too young for any states age of consent, personally. Remember this doesn't mean it's illegal for them to have sex. It means it's illegal for the older person if they are much older. I think it's 4 years. So a 21 y/o college junior and a 16 y/o high school sophomore. Transporting a minor across state lines to avoid statutory rape age limits sounds like it's probably a big federal no-no to me.

Most states it's 16 apparently though.

It's 13 in Ohio it looks like...that's disgusting.

#107 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, so according to you, she's a slut unless she was pressured into it.

Yea...she is either a slut and wants it or is pressured into some way.

What is the third option? She thinks the teacher loves her?

#108 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:39 PM

In Kentucky. Were all of these recruits from Kentucky? I think 16 is too young for any states age of consent, personally. Remember this doesn't mean it's illegal for them to have sex. It means it's illegal for the older person if they are much older. I think it's 4 years. So a 21 y/o college junior and a 16 y/o high school sophomore. Transporting a minor across state lines to avoid statutory rape age limits sounds like it's probably a big federal no-no to me.

Most states it's 16 apparently though.

It's 13 in Ohio it looks like...that's disgusting.

Ok, so there is a line for you somewhere at least.

#109 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:40 PM

But yeah, if a 16 year old has consensual sex with their 35 year old teacher, I think they're a victim to an extent since they aren't mature enough to engage in that type of relationship with someone that age and the adult should know better.

Well, this is where it gets a tricky... because there clearly are lots of situations where you're correct... but there are also situations where it's a good experience that the young person would remember fondly... it's such an individual thing that it's basically impossible to make a one-size-fits-all rule that fits every situation...

Now, since society does seem to need to have some kind of rule about it, your rule involves less damage than does the alternate rule... but that doesn't mean each and every rule-breaker did something bad...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#110 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:41 PM

Yea...she is either a slut and wants it or is pressured into some way.

What is the third option? She thinks the teacher loves her?

I don't think wanting to have sex with her teacher automatically makes her a slut. 

I also don't care for girls being labeled that in general while few care about males having sex, but that's an entire different conversation. 

#111 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:44 PM

Well, this is where it gets a tricky... because there clearly are lots of situations where you're correct... but there are also situations where it's a good experience that the young person would remember fondly... it's such an individual thing that it's basically impossible to make a one-size-fits-all rule that fits every situation...

Now, since society does seem to need to have some kind of rule about it, your rule involves less damage than does the alternate rule... but that doesn't mean each and every rule-breaker did something bad...

You don't think the teacher necessarily did anything bad?

#112 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:47 PM

I don't think wanting to have sex with her teacher automatically makes her a slut. 

I also don't care for girls being labeled that in general while few care about males having sex, but that's an entire different conversation. 

You asked me about a female.

If you are asking me about a male, I think men look at sex differently than woman do. I think the way it effects them is different.

I also think the word slut can be used with either sex.

And yes, her wanting to have sex doesn't make her a slut. Her actually having sex with him does...unless there was some kind of pressure, rape, etc...just as a boy having sex with an older woman makes him slutty. It's what they want to do.

#113 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:54 PM

You asked me about a female.

If you are asking me about a male, I think men look at sex differently than woman do. I think the way it effects them is different.

I also think the word slut can be used with either sex.

And yes, her wanting to have sex doesn't make her a slut. Her actually having sex with him does...unless there was some kind of pressure, rape, etc...just as a boy having sex with an older woman makes him slutty. It's what they want to do.

I asked you about both a female and a male student.

The word slut can be used for either sex, but let's be honest about how the connotation associated with the word changes when referring to a male rather than a female.

Strongly disagree with the last line as I wouldn't refer to a girl that had sex with her teacher as a slut. But I'm pretty sure we aren't going to get anywhere on that one or with anything in this thread for that matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=