43 replies to this topic

#21 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:18 AM

Literal chills watching that season finale.  Oh man did they put that one together nicely.  Incredible, just simply incredible season.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#22 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:06 PM

I am about to start episode 7, and I am thoroughly confused as fuck!  How is kennedy president?  Is he still president of the "neutral zone?"  Is there an alternate universe a'la Fringe?  WHAT THE FUCK?!  What am I missing???

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

I am about to start episode 7, and I am thoroughly confused as fuck!  How is kennedy president?  Is he still president of the "neutral zone?"  Is there an alternate universe a'la Fringe?  WHAT THE FUCK?!  What am I missing???

lol, you are 1.5 seasons behind... dig in! Glad to see you are checking it out.

#24 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

lol, you are 1.5 seasons behind... dig in! Glad to see you are checking it out.

No, I mean ep 7 of season 2...

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#25 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:45 PM

Season 2 was much better than 1. Great show.

@fuzydunlop

#26 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

I don't know how more people aren't talking about this.  That is one of my all time favorite finales.

#27 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

So my wife and I started this yesterday. Watched 3 episodes and I was having a hard time following along with who was who, and what their roles were.

Turns out my wife started on season 2. So we watched the first 3 shows of season 2 before exiting out of Amazon and realizing it was season 2.

Starting back at the beginning before going on. Basically, I'm watching it like it's a Tarantino movie. I'll let you know how that goes.
  • BSLChrisStoner and fishteacher like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#28 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:33 AM

I don't know how more people aren't talking about this.  That is one of my all time favorite finales.
I just finished the season finale and it was one of the better season finales of any show I have ever seen absolutely awesome! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • BSLChrisStoner and Dupin like this
@therealjfisher

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

Season 3 back...

Terrific show.  Not one where you can only sort of pay attention.

#30 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

I liked where they went with season, but thought the culmination of the events in season 2 was more satisfying.

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:35 PM

Hollywood Reporter: Critic's Notebook: 'The Man in the High Castle' Is So Good Now ...

#32 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 08:24 AM

Last season, 11/15...

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#33 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:30 PM

The cinematography has always been awesome. 

Been a good run.

#34 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:43 AM

I did not enjoy this final season as much as the other 3.

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:21 PM

I did not enjoy this final season as much as the other 3.

I'm a few episodes in, I'm enjoying. Admittedly I'm a sucker for the multiverse. 

#36 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:29 PM

I'm a few episodes in, I'm enjoying. Admittedly I'm a sucker for the multiverse. 

It's not bad by any means, I still enjoy the concept.  I just thought the scheming was more interesting in the previous seasons.

#37 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:11 PM

[ SPOILER ALERT]

That ending felt very.....rushed.

I know there are always going to be loose ends that go untied, like what happens to Kido after reunification, but that's not what I mean.

It's more about the leap the audience was presumably supposed to take to believe that everyone in the American Reich would blindly follow Whitcroft the same way that they did Smith. And also that Goertzmann would be perfectly fine with Whitcroft making America America again, and leave him alone even though Goertzmann's pact was with Smith, and likely under the assumption it would still be ruled under Naziism. Had they simply done more development into those two characters, it could have worked. But neither one so much as appeared in the show until we were well into the final season.

• fishteacher likes this

#38 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:21 PM

[ SPOILER ALERT]

That ending felt very.....rushed.

I know there are always going to be loose ends that go untied, like what happens to Kido after reunification, but that's not what I mean.

It's more about the leap the audience was presumably supposed to take to believe that everyone in the American Reich would blindly follow Whitcroft the same way that they did Smith. And also that Goertzmann would be perfectly fine with Whitcroft making America America again, and leave him alone even though Goertzmann's pact was with Smith, and likely under the assumption it would still be ruled under Naziism. Had they simply done more development into those two characters, it could have worked. But neither one so much as appeared in the show until we were well into the final season.

Some (maybe most) of that I agree with....  but Whitcroft had mentioned the nuclear arsenal, I think that's presumably supposed to be enough of a deterrent (mutually assured destruction) as to believe Goertzmann would be 'okay'...  (or maybe he wouldn't, and war would be inevitable). The larger point about the American Reich just falling in-line immediately behind Whitcroft is the harder sell. 

#39 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:12 PM

I really liked the ending, and I think they wrapped it up as best they could while making it a little ambiguous at the same time and open for interpretation and speculation.  Shows that maybe things won't ever be perfect in THAT WORLD, but what Smith saw in the other world wasn't exactly "perfect" either/anyways.  His death scene I didn't like.  I didn't like how it seemed it was so easy for him to kill himself, and basically gains everything only to lose everything.  Wasn't sure what the ending was all about about the doors being wide open...that could make things disasterous for one world or many, no?  Still a great show.  The Kido stuff was really well done, and I liked his slight redemption a bit.  

@therealjfisher

#40 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:18 PM

I really liked the ending, and I think they wrapped it up as best they could while making it a little ambiguous at the same time and open for interpretation and speculation.  Shows that maybe things won't ever be perfect in THAT WORLD, but what Smith saw in the other world wasn't exactly "perfect" either/anyways.  His death scene I didn't like.  I didn't like how it seemed it was so easy for him to kill himself, and basically gains everything only to lose everything.  Wasn't sure what the ending was all about about the doors being wide open...that could make things disasterous for one world or many, no?  Still a great show.  The Kido stuff was really well done, and I liked his slight redemption a bit.  

I imagine Smith's suicide was supposed to draw a parallel to Hitler's in our world.

And agree with all the people walking in at the end too....if everyone could suddenly cross into some other universe as they pleased, that would seem to create huge issues. Would have made more sense if they just destroyed the mine, and with it access to the portal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=