• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#41 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

Everytime I see a post in this thread I think they finally pulled the trigger.

Perks of having a client on campus is that I get some juicy scoop once in a while. Just be patient...
  • BSLMikeLowe and Russ like this
@JeremyMStrain

#42 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:02 PM

His daughter is one of my sister's best friends.  Don't think he'll be coming back to coach in college, as you said he's likely to get an NFL head coaching gig soon (that's just my speculation, not implying I know anything because of that very tangential connection).

Frank Reich (besides having been the QB in the MD comeback over Miami) played a huge role in probably one of my three favorite games ever a sports fan (Bills comeback vs. Houston).

The speculation you have here, matches what I've read elsewhere about him.

Not surprised he became a coordinator... I remember him and Kelly being touted by Marchibroda as students of the game, and forward thinkers / innovators with the K-Gun offense.

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

Perks of having a client on campus is that I get some juicy scoop once in a while. Just be patient...

He's gone, everyone knows he is gone.  If he somehow lasts through the year, he will be gone the second the season ends.

After MD gets murdered Saturday, it won't be 100% shocking if he's gone by Sunday.

#44 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

He's gone, everyone knows he is gone.  If he somehow lasts through the year, he will be gone the second the season ends.

After MD gets murdered Saturday, it won't be 100% shocking if he's gone by Sunday.

He's not making it through the year. Interim in place. Hang up is checking with potential commits.
  • BSLChrisStoner, BSLMikeLowe, Russ and 4 others like this
@JeremyMStrain

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:57 PM

He's not making it through the year. Interim in place. Hang up is checking with potential commits.

I'm hearing the commits (locally) are comfortable with him being gone. Of course going to want to see who the long-term replacement is, and are going to get a lot of attention elsewhere... but MD in a good position to retain.

• Greg Pappas likes this

#46 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

I'm hearing the commits (locally) are comfortable with him being gone. Of course going to want to see who the long-term replacement is, and are going to get a lot of attention elsewhere... but MD in a good position to retain.

Especially if the interim is the guy that did 90% of the recruiting...
@JeremyMStrain

#47 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:23 PM

Oh, shit.

@DJ_McCann

#48 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

I was going to say that Locksley couldn't be worse that Edsall, but the QB situation this year has taught me to refrain from assuming such things. 

I wonder how our posters would feel were Locks named interim HC and then kept on after the season? One potential positive would be having Locks out at OC, while retaining him to recruit. Personally, I'd be VERY upset by that, and much prefer naming a new HC and staff, while keeping Locks as Assistant HC and/or Recruiting Coordinator.

#49 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:36 PM

Oh man, this post has given me a chub in my pants.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#50 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:45 PM

kwo4xPu.jpg

• Greg Pappas, DuffMan and Markus like this

@fuzydunlop

#51 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:53 PM

Not surprised they're doing this now. Figured they'd make the move during the bye week if they were going to make it during the season. Gives the interim 2 weeks to prep for Penn State.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#52 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:55 AM

Im sorry. How do any of the commits, de-commit, if Edsall is fired? Who in their right mind is only coming here if they keep a coach that might win 3 games this year?

I can see Alabama commits leaving if say somehow Saban was outed. But Maryland...its a step in the right direction and commits should see that.
  • Greg Pappas and DuffMan like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#53 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:17 AM

Im sorry. How do any of the commits, de-commit, if Edsall is fired? Who in their right mind is only coming here if they keep a coach that might win 3 games this year?

I can see Alabama commits leaving if say somehow Saban was outed. But Maryland...its a step in the right direction and commits should see that.

Just about every college recruit will tell you that they sign up for a coach, not a program.  Not necessarily the head coach, but whoever lead their recruiting.  If that coach leaves, then lots of times they want out, especially so if they aren't already established at the school after a couple years.

I expect lots of decommits and a handful or so of transfers if Edsall is fired.  But that's the price you gotta pay, better to have a new coach with their own recruits than Edsall and his recruits, even if that includes Haskins in the latter case but not the former.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#54 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:19 AM

Haskins appears to me to really value the geographic location of MD (the DMV movement).  I mean, honestly, I'm sure Locksley is a great recruiter, but how can he be watching what is happening right now and be anything but grateful that Edsall has been canned?

I would be terrified of starting school there playing on a team that has zero chance of competing.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#55 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:29 AM

Better question...who the F cares? Why do we care if recruits come to play for Edsall? We've gotten his recruits for 5 years and the Terps are one of the most inept teams in division 1 football over the course of that time. 

Does anyone think Edsall will win 10 games with Haskins? He's a horrific coach. Said it the day he was hired and been saying it everyday for 5 years. Only problem is the clown AD will be making the next hire. Once you fire Ralph and say you want to transform the program from good to great, and you hire Randy freaking Edsall because he made a BCS bowl at 7-5 in a piss poor conference, you should have your balls cut off and never allowed within 15 miles of the conference room where the next hire will be discussed.

Seriously...the fact that he was hired coming off a BCS bowl is so comical. We all know he wouldn't have been hired if not for the "BCS bowl" label, which in fact he got drilled by a real team as he always does with a real team. That's like the O's going to sign a pitcher that's 15-6 with a 5.1 ERA. Total joke.

@PeterDiLutis

#56 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:30 AM

To put this more clearly....would you guys prefer Edsall and Haskins, or a new coach and no Haskins? 

I can't imagine the answer not being a new coach and Haskins every single time and twice on Saturdays. 

@PeterDiLutis

#57 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:30 AM

New coach and no Haskins.

Considering the fact that I'm sure Edsall would figure out a way to screw up Haskins so it doesn't realy matter.

@bopper33

#58 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:34 AM

And again, just for the record, I was and still am perfectly fine with firing Fridge.  He had done nothing to earn any sort of grace period with the team.

They just completely botched hiring his replacement.

• 1970 and Markus like this

@bopper33

#59 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

Better question...who the F cares? Why do we care if recruits come to play for Edsall? We've gotten his recruits for 5 years and the Terps are one of the most inept teams in division 1 football over the course of that time. 

Does anyone think Edsall will win 10 games with Haskins? He's a horrific coach. Said it the day he was hired and been saying it everyday for 5 years. Only problem is the clown AD will be making the next hire. Once you fire Ralph and say you want to transform the program from good to great, and you hire Randy freaking Edsall because he made a BCS bowl at 7-5 in a piss poor conference, you should have your balls cut off and never allowed within 15 miles of the conference room where the next hire will be discussed.

Seriously...the fact that he was hired coming off a BCS bowl is so comical. We all know he wouldn't have been hired if not for the "BCS bowl" label, which in fact he got drilled by a real team as he always does with a real team. That's like the O's going to sign a pitcher that's 15-6 with a 5.1 ERA. Total joke.

Wasnt really my point at all. Point is, why would Haskins or anyone leave if Edsall did? No one should be committed to playing solely for Edsall. He has zero pull. Like I said, you could see someone decommitting from Bama if Saban left. Who is dead set on play ing for Edsall? Should be no one.
@BSLMikeRandall

#60 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:44 AM

And again, just for the record, I was and still am perfectly fine with firing Fridge.  He had done nothing to earn any sort of grace period with the team.

They just completely botched hiring his replacement.

It's the Cruz argument.  Fine that they let him walk, not fine that they replaced him with Delmon Young and Travis Snider.

• Greg Pappas likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=