• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#221 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:12 PM

I want him to be gone tonight, but the post game conference comments were nothing.

The question could be interpreted as him doing something different pregame... he was making the point that he wasn't.  He could have answered the question without the theatrics, but otoh, it's not surprising he had a quick fuse this afternoon.

Will say that his inability to articulate things better... connect to audiences, is something that has hounded him from the start.

• Greg Pappas likes this

#222 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:12 PM

What a choad.

So long Ellerson.

You always call him Ellerson. Is that from somewhere or something?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#223 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

"I always shake my players' hands out of respect. I've done it every game."

That's the way a normal human answers.

@bopper33

#224 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,275 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

I want him to be gone tonight, but the post game conference comments were nothing.

The question could be interpreted as him doing something different pregame... he was making the point that he wasn't.  He could have answered the question without the theatrics, but otoh, it's not surprising he had a quick fuse this afternoon.

Will say that his inability to articulate things better... connect to audiences, is something that has hounded him from the start.

My guess is, he had already answered a ton of questions about his job by then. And that particular question being a dumb one, I can see why he got to the point of walking out.

He's never been a well-spoken person in my opinion. And while that doesn't make or break you as a football coach, when you are failing at the things that do make or break you as a football coach, peripheral stuff like that becomes magnified and fodder for the masses.

#225 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

So, was the meager clapping because he left or because he explained how the reporter was a douche for asking that question?

ps: He doesn't do anger very well...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#226 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

My guess is, he had already answered a ton of questions about his job by then. And that particular question being a dumb one, I can see why he got to the point of walking out.

He's never been a well-spoken person in my opinion. And while that doesn't make or break you as a football coach, when you are failing at the things that do make or break you as a football coach, peripheral stuff like that becomes magnified and fodder for the masses.

Bingo.

More on the press conference... including other questions...

http://maryland.247s...erence-40127972

#227 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,275 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:19 PM

So, was the meager clapping because he left or because he explained how the reporter was a douche for asking that question?

ps: He doesn't do anger very well...

Read my post on the last page. Either is possible. No way to know without asking those who were there.

#228 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,275 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:22 PM

KA introduced him at the press conference as Randy Ellerson. Presumably because Anderson's last football coach when he was at Army was Ray Ellerson.

• Greg Pappas likes this

#229 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:25 PM

KA introduced him at the press conference as Randy Ellerson. Presumably because Anderson's last football coach when he was at Army was Ray Ellerson.

Lol that's hilarious. I never knew that

@bopper33

#230 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:50 PM

Lol that's hilarious. I never knew that

https://youtu.be/1gReWUMg_6s?t=37s

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#231 Tranquil1

Tranquil1
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationFrankford, Delaware

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:48 PM

Tangential question... was MD ever on the football map (in the last 50 years)?   If so, I must have missed it...

I always think of MD and Cal being similar in this regard... they're both traditionally huge-enrollment state-name universities that should be  sleeping giants, just waiting for the right guy to come along and wake them up... which never quite happens...

Shack, you might remember that Maryland went into the 1985 season ranked # 1 by one of the big sports magazines (I can't remember which off hand....SI maybe or sporting news). They were # 7 in the AP. They lost the opener by 2 points to Penn State then expectations went down hill from there.

#232 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,275 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:59 PM

Shack, you might remember that Maryland went into the 1985 season ranked # 1 by one of the big sports magazines (I can't remember which off hand....SI maybe or sporting news). They were # 7 in the AP. They lost the opener by 2 points to Penn State then expectations went down hill from there.

They lost only 3 games that season. One was PSU, one was against Miami (in Memorial Stadium). I forget who the third loss was too....want to say either Syracuse or BC. But both Penn State and Miami went into their bowl games as title contenders (though Oklahoma ultimately won). Either way, not a bad season at all when you look in retrospect, but disappointing based on the preseason hype. That would be the last really good UM team for a long time....as the following June Len Bias died and everything went to hell from there.

#233 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,275 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:25 PM

WaPo: This is Maryland football, and this is far from great

Nothing newsworthy in there, except for this:

Insiders describe Edsall’s relationship with Anderson as strained at times, especially recently.

First I've heard of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=