#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,370 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:38 AM

At 0-3, there are no expectations.

You just focus on the week at hand.

Get the first W at Pittsburgh, and then have the mini-bye.

Have to develop an identity...  that needs to start with getting a ground game going imo.

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:57 PM

Will Shazier play? He missed yesterday.

#3 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:06 PM

Gilmore has a calf injury and is out for this game.

No Gilmore, no Perriman. Ugh.

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:22 PM

Williams and Boyle will have to step up. But the hits just keep coming so far this season.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:46 PM

Shocked we are favorites. Even with Vick.

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:04 AM

Shocked we are favorites. Even with Vick.

Agreed

#7 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

Monroe just ruled out as well. I was really hoping he would make it back this week. James Harrison is going to eat Hurst for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

@gabefergy

#8 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

Shazier out for Pitt so that might make running the football a bit easier.

@gabefergy

#9 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,085 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

James Harrison is going to eat Hurst for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I could see Harrison eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner all at once.  He seems like he might just be stupid enough to not understand object permanence and feel he has to eat all of the food he can find all at once or else he'll never eat again.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#10 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:02 PM

Calf injuries for Gillmore and Canty...they can linger for a while.

#11 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:03 PM

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the running game is looking very 2013-esque; not just results wise but a lot of running out of the shotgun.

All we heard was how the running game was going to stay intact but it looks an awful lot like Castillo is the "run game coordinator" again.

We know our defense needs help, controlling the clock/TOP can go a long way to doing that. We need to get Joe back under center a little bit, show some I formation and get this running game cranked up. Plus, there's the added bonus of getting play action passing going as well.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#12 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:16 PM

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the running game is looking very 2013-esque; not just results wise but a lot of running out of the shotgun.

All we heard was how the running game was going to stay intact but it looks an awful lot like Castillo is the "run game coordinator" again.

We know our defense needs help, controlling the clock/TOP can go a long way to doing that. We need to get Joe back under center a little bit, show some I formation and get this running game cranked up. Plus, there's the added bonus of getting play action passing going as well.

I've pretty much already given up on Castillo and the running game. How John let's a repeat of '13 happen is beyond me. We will continue to see a lot of shotgun and heavy passing. That's what Trestman prefers anyway.

#13 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:20 PM

I've pretty much already given up on Castillo and the running game. How John let's a repeat of '13 happen is beyond me. We will continue to see a lot of shotgun and heavy passing. That's what Trestman prefers anyway.

It could be a product of the games we've been in the last 2 weeks. We did have 2, 10 point deficits vs Oakland and were down 14 to the Bengals, so it did kind of dictate a pass heavy ratio.

With that said, I'm not looking for any style points tomorrow night. I just need a W by any means necessary.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#14 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:23 PM

They ran it well against Oakland when they did. But Denver and Cincy are tough run defenses. Ill give it a few more games before I give it 2013 status.
@BSLMikeRandall

#15 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:33 PM

It could be a product of the games we've been in the last 2 weeks. We did have 2, 10 point deficits vs Oakland and were down 14 to the Bengals, so it did kind of dictate a pass heavy ratio.

With that said, I'm not looking for any style points tomorrow night. I just need a W by any means necessary.

The Tackles suck huge balls right now so it makes the outside stretch runs really tough. Still, you have to be able to adjust and do something. Castillo seems like he can't make any adjustments. Even with two horrible players at T. I said it in the other thread, move Yanda out to RT and put Urschal in at RG. At least you might be able to run to the right side again and seal an edge.

#16 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:36 PM

The Tackles suck huge balls right now so it makes the outside stretch runs really tough. Still, you have to be able to adjust and do something. Castillo seems like he can't make any adjustments. Even with two horrible players at T.

We've shown some unbalanced line stuff for pass plays.

I guess you could use an extra OLineman to help Hurst/Wagner in a heavy/jumbo formation. Or, you could run some delays/draws, which should be effective because D ends are getting upfield so quickly against our tackles.

Guess we'll find out in about 24 hours.
@primetime667083

#17 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

Again, it's tough to have a good run game when you get behind and just throw it. There is no rhythm to the run game or run blocking in general.

2013 was a lack of talent, new blocking scheme, fat and indecisive RB, etc...is that stuff an issue now?

#18 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:55 PM

Again, it's tough to have a good run game when you get behind and just throw it. There is no rhythm to the run game or run blocking in general.

2013 was a lack of talent, new blocking scheme, fat and indecisive RB, etc...is that stuff an issue now?

Rice was hurt and he still wasn't horrible behind that atrocious OL. Ive never seen so much penetration into a backfield as I saw that year. No RB had a chance. We've been through this before. The OL isnt as horrible as it was in '13 but it's not good. Wagner so far has been every bit as bad as Oher . KO has regressed again. Maybe not to that level, but he's not good after a bounce back '14. Zuttah is the only clear upgrade and he's only an average C. Monroe helped when he first came over in '13 but it really didn't make a huge difference. Doubt it will this year either. People got fooled last year. We can improve, but this is not going to be a great unit. it's not going to be the strength all of you assumed it would be.

Ill ask it again to anybody who has a PFF account in the thread I bumped but was ignored. . What are the grades and overall rankings of the guys on our OL outside of Yanda. Are they all in the negative??

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

Wagner hasn't played well early but he's definitely better than Oher. Yanda 2015 is better than Yanda 2013. Agree that Zuttah is better.

KO was hurt and then done for the season. We will see with him but him and Wagner have been big disappointments for sure.

But again, I do think part of that is the lack of rhythm in the run game and how the first 3 games have played out.

Pass blocking has been pretty good the last few weeks.

#20 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...reshad-perriman

Though not a big deal in the grand schemem of things, this is the kind of shit Harbaugh could get away with before but will be called out on more in a bad season. It's obvious Perriman had some level of setback. It's obvious what happened pregame last week. Acknowledge the guys question in some way. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=