#1 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:48 PM

Is anyone doing these? I just signed up for the first time to give it a try.

I am using draft kings.

#2 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:50 PM

Read the article DJ posted. Guys shouldn't be allowed hundreds of entries into the same tournament.

#3 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:52 PM

Read the article DJ posted. Guys shouldn't be allowed hundreds of entries into the same tournament.

I agree with this.

I don't know much about them. Really, I'm just trying them out and see if I like it.

#4 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

Is anyone doing these? I just signed up for the first time to give it a try.

I am using draft kings.

Im so annoyed by the commercials that play every five minutes that I dont. But I have done them in the past and I just dont care much for it. I think I wouldn't mind maybe entering the big ones for a few bucks and hope to hit like that $20K lotto ticket. But otherwise, im in three leagues and three baseball leagues, so thats enough for me. Maybe i'll get a hankering mid season or hear of some friends success on it and give it another go.

Id like someone to explain how this is legal but sports betting isnt. Its also the exact same format as online poker. Its gambling. Just legalize it all.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

You can do that? That is total BS.
@BSLMikeRandall

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:59 PM

Yea, I have no idea what how this is legal but whatever.

It's not easy to put together a team you love either.

#7 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:11 PM

Yes, it is another reason for me to bitch about online poker and sports gambling being illegal. Especially, online poker.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#8 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:20 AM

I play in them, started a few years ago. Like Mike said, I just enter into the big tournaments hoping to luck in to that perfect lineup for a big payday.

I remember watching an OTL Report a couple years ago, when daily fantasy was really starting to catch on, and I believe the loophole for it being legal was that it's a "skill-based" game. I dunno.

#9 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:40 AM

Well, beating the points spread is a skill-based game.  IMO.

I'm sick of all the commercials. The pathetic non-athletic white guys with a gut acting like their lives are the line based on whether their running back gets the ball at the one.  Am I one of those losers?

I tell you, I don't trust Draft Kings or whatever company to be above board. How do you know that they don't create a bunch of fictitious teams with various lineups to make it harder for your team to have the top score?

At least with gambling on games the traditional way, you know if you beat the spread or nail the over, you win. Then if you don't get paid, you know for sure to take your business elsewhere.  You could play Draft Kings for many years and never have any idea if you're being treated fairly or not.

• You Play to Win the Game, Russ and Dupin like this

#10 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

Yeah I'm all for it being legal. Same with online poker. If for no other reason than the one TennOsFan just said... there's Zero over sight or regulation over it right now. And there needs to be. It's mammoth business and there's no scrutiny. Not a good situation.

That said, I play the occasional $1 or $2 tournament just to make the games a little interesting. I did my first NFL entry Monday night... turned $2 into $50. It's fun but I'd never be able to jump all in. That takes the fun out of it for me personally.

#11 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:35 AM

i do Fan Duel, and the best thing I can say about these is literally it's the most fun you can have for $2.

And obviously, I agree that gambling should be legal. 

@beginthebegin71

#12 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:56 PM

Awful Announcing @awfulannouncing 17s18 seconds ago

Last week, DraftKings and FanDuel generated twice what Vegas sports books pulled in http://bit.ly/1ix5XSQ

#13 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:13 PM

I started last year. Put $100 in at the start of the year and ended with $157. So it's definitely possible to win a small amount of money playing match-ups.

This past week I had 147 points going into monday night with Bradford, Agholor and Peterson. I ended up only winning $6 and finishing in 58,876 place. Lol if I had Hyde instead of Peterson I would have been in the big money.

#14 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:32 PM

I think if you're a good fantasy owner, do research, have a good feel that you can make money. There are enough "fish" out there that are really bad. It really is like poker in that way. Know the game, have some instincts, and play strategically and you should be a winner at lower levels. Also, like poker there is a steep curve once you start dealing with the "sharks". Those guys are on top of everything. Have huge bankrolls. Have tools that normal people don't have or use. Just don't play above your head.

Still don't like that these guys can put so many entries into a tournament. I realize it raises the prize pool but they really give themselves an advantage being able to play so many combinations. Unless it's a rebuy, it's one and done in poker. Big difference there, definitely gives the lesser player a shot. Think about it, if you let all the best players enter a poker tournament enough times they are so much more likely to be there at the end of it than a lesser player.

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:59 AM

My Fan Duel today...

Would you rather go:
Tyrod Taylor (vs. NE) / Rob Gronkowski (vs. BUF)

Or

Andrew Luck (vs. NYJ) / Heath Miller (vs. SF)

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:30 AM

Anyone?

#17 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:42 AM

My Fan Duel today...

Would you rather go:

Or

Taylor/Gronk. Miller could easily get zero or one point. Luck would need a huge game to over come that. Taylor should at least score 10-12, Gronk will get his.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

My Fan Duel today...

Would you rather go:

Or

Taylor/Gronk. Miller could easily get zero or one point. Luck would need a huge game to over come that. Taylor should at least score 10-12, Gronk will get his.

Thanks Mike.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#19 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:26 PM

Any interest in doing a BSL fan duel league one of these weeks?

#20 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

My Fan Duel today...

Would you rather go:

Or

My bad
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=