26 replies to this topic

#21 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 08:51 PM

MJF is just so good. A genius heel. I really dont watch anything anymore but if I see a clip of his on youtube Ill always watch.

#22 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,536 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 September 2022 - 10:50 PM

Still can’t believe so many loved Scott Hall. RIP.
  • Mike in STL likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#23 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 07:18 AM

My list definitely needs updating in the last 7 years.

8. Roddy Piper - The best heel and the best on the mic, ever.
7. Chris Jericho - I don’t think I appreciated him enough in his WCW days, nor in his early WWE days. But when I returned to wrestling after a number of years, I grew a new found appreciation.
6. Hulk Hogan - The kid in me…
5. Mick Foley - I still go back and watch Hell in a Cell from King of the Ring 98’ at least three time a year. Still amazes me every time.
4. Kenny Omega - There’s no one else like him. Everything he does is at 100 mph.
3. Jon Moxley - The Shield was coming up as I got back into wrestling, but Moxley/Dean Ambrose was my favorite of the group. When they split I latched on with him. Loved the “lunatic” character. Love how he works in AEW.
2. Stone Cold - The teenager in me…
1. Scott Hall - Still number 1, Chica.

There are definitely some guys I appreciate more now than I did, mainly because I checked out around the beginning of the “ruthless aggression” era. Kurt Angle for one. Randy Orton. The Miz.
@BSLMikeRandall

#24 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 05 October 2022 - 02:27 PM

MJF is just so good. A genius heel. I really dont watch anything anymore but if I see a clip of his on youtube Ill always watch.

MJF is fantastic on the stick but he never wrestles. His match against Darby Allin at the pay per view last year was awesome, ditto for his program with Punk. Has he wrestled once since he's been back?

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#25 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 05 October 2022 - 02:51 PM

My list definitely needs updating in the last 7 years.

8. Roddy Piper - The best heel and the best on the mic, ever.
7. Chris Jericho - I don’t think I appreciated him enough in his WCW days, nor in his early WWE days. But when I returned to wrestling after a number of years, I grew a new found appreciation.
6. Hulk Hogan - The kid in me…
5. Mick Foley - I still go back and watch Hell in a Cell from King of the Ring 98’ at least three time a year. Still amazes me every time.
4. Kenny Omega - There’s no one else like him. Everything he does is at 100 mph.
3. Jon Moxley - The Shield was coming up as I got back into wrestling, but Moxley/Dean Ambrose was my favorite of the group. When they split I latched on with him. Loved the “lunatic” character. Love how he works in AEW.
2. Stone Cold - The teenager in me…
1. Scott Hall - Still number 1, Chica.

There are definitely some guys I appreciate more now than I did, mainly because I checked out around the beginning of the “ruthless aggression” era. Kurt Angle for one. Randy Orton. The Miz.

We've talked about it from time to time but did you get into any Jim Crockett Promotions before it became WCW? That era from 1985-1988, they had some fantastic work. Flair, Arn, Tully, Windham, the Midnight, the Rock n Roll, the Fantastics, Dusty, Magnum TA (before his accident), the Road Warriors, Ronnie Garvin, etc. 

The cool thing with growing up in Baltimore was being right on the border between WWF and JCP territory, both companies ran the Baltimore Arena and since we had cable, I got see both on TV. My grandfather was a big wrestling fan so he took me to shows all the time.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#26 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 02:25 AM

We've talked about it from time to time but did you get into any Jim Crockett Promotions before it became WCW? That era from 1985-1988, they had some fantastic work. Flair, Arn, Tully, Windham, the Midnight, the Rock n Roll, the Fantastics, Dusty, Magnum TA (before his accident), the Road Warriors, Ronnie Garvin, etc.

The cool thing with growing up in Baltimore was being right on the border between WWF and JCP territory, both companies ran the Baltimore Arena and since we had cable, I got see both on TV. My grandfather was a big wrestling fan so he took me to shows all the time.

That was just before my time being born in 84’. My first recollections of wrestling were early 90s. Hulk Hogan and when Sgt. Slaughter was in his Iraqi sympathizer phase comes to mind. Yokozuna was introduced. Flair was in WWF by then.
@BSLMikeRandall

#27 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 13 October 2022 - 02:46 PM

That was just before my time being born in 84’. My first recollections of wrestling were early 90s. Hulk Hogan and when Sgt. Slaughter was in his Iraqi sympathizer phase comes to mind. Yokozuna was introduced. Flair was in WWF by then.

And when Vince brought Iron Sheik back and turned him into an Iraqi to go with Slaughter. LOL.....good times!!

• Mike in STL likes this
@primetime667083

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=