#5701 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 November 2022 - 12:36 PM

Define badly? Are these new spin-off variants getting to the lungs? Not trying to diminish it, just curious what’s going on, news doesn’t cover it for obvious reasons.

#5702 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 12:42 PM

Define badly? Are these new spin-off variants getting to the lungs? Not trying to diminish it, just curious what’s going on, news doesn’t cover it for obvious reasons.

The new variants according to my family in the medical field, is highly contagious but not as deadly as some previous ones.

Note, I do not claim the above is official data from the WHO or John Hopkins.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#5703 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 01 November 2022 - 01:54 PM

Bad enough to stay in bed for 3+ days

@fuzydunlop

#5704 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 November 2022 - 02:00 PM

Ugh.

#5705 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 03:16 PM

I’ve slept more today than I probably have since being a baby. Lungs are jacked up. Horrible congestion. Body aches bad in morning but no energy whatsoever. Wonder if it’s worse since I got booster Friday.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5706 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 01 November 2022 - 04:04 PM

My neighbor got covid within days of both of her shots (so twice) and it knocked her out much worse than without the shots. Or so she says

@fuzydunlop

#5707 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 November 2022 - 05:45 PM

It makes sense given your body is already going through it for a few days after the shot, then you add the virus on top of it. Just terrible luck/timing.

#5708 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 09:25 AM

Yup. Feeling better today. Able to get up and do some things around the house. Still have horrible congestion in sinus and lungs.

My whole face hurt this morning. Terrible pain in sinus. Wife has a full head mask she keeps in freezer...put it on for like 5-10 mins and it worked like a charm. Felt much better since then.

• You Play to Win the Game and JeremyStrain like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5709 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 09:51 AM

Wife got me a OTC steam shower spray that I spray on the walls of my shower, and then hit the hot water on, and its helps open up the airways.

#5710 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 02 November 2022 - 10:00 AM

Blackwing Lager made by Union is going seasonal.  This stinks, I love that beer and think it's great anytime of year, bummed to see this news.

#5711 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 10:26 AM

I’ve slept more today than I probably have since being a baby. Lungs are jacked up. Horrible congestion. Body aches bad in morning but no energy whatsoever. Wonder if it’s worse since I got booster Friday.

So sorry you got it this bad, I feel your pain. I would do nothing but watch the TV for hours, sleeping off and on, get up and visit the restroom and get back to my recliner, and be exhausted like I just worked out for 4 hours.

#5712 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 06:57 AM

Woke up feeling better today. Mornings have been the worst so this should be the end of the worst of it.
  • You Play to Win the Game, BobPhelan, DuffMan and 1 other like this

#5713 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 03 November 2022 - 09:38 AM

Wife got me a OTC steam shower spray that I spray on the walls of my shower, and then hit the hot water on, and its helps open up the airways.

I found Vicks tablets that go in the shower and add Vicks to the steam. Really helped with the cold I had that I swear was Covid, and with this last shorter cold.

I'm trying to schedule when I'm going to get my booster and Flu shot, mostly just cause I've seen a lot of people get hit with those recently and they've both been pretty rough.

@JeremyMStrain

#5714 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 01:59 PM

One more thing, I forgot to mention. Those stupid breath right strips dont really work well, when I am congested. Unless I buy the extra strong and XL they dont stick on me, and then, I hate it in the morning, pulling them off.

#5715 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 09 November 2022 - 07:55 AM

Our smoke alarms go off anytime you even crack open the oven to check on what is cooking inside, and it scares the crap out of our cats. 

#5716 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 09 November 2022 - 08:07 AM

Our smoke alarms go off anytime you even crack open the oven to check on what is cooking inside, and it scares the crap out of our cats. 

Is it your oven, or highly sensitive smoke alarms, I might be trying to replace the alarms. 

#5717 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 09 November 2022 - 09:41 AM

Is it your oven, or highly sensitive smoke alarms, I might be trying to replace the alarms. 

It's the alarms. The oven is always clean and still sets off the alarms. I am looking to replace them now.

#5718 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 09 November 2022 - 09:45 AM

It's the alarms. The oven is always clean and still sets off the alarms. I am looking to replace them now.

Take a look at those new style, 10 year sealed battery ones.

#5719 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 January 2023 - 09:49 AM

A lot of mobile sites are doing this now… with all the social media icons blocking your ability to read the top half of the page. Super annoying.

B2V1iBI.jpg

#5720 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 08:37 AM

Why can't any of these morons follow simple rules for classified documents?

• JeremyStrain likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=