536 replies to this topic

#81 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

Same here. They are already having mass issues of failing ps4 because of faulty hdmi ports and software bugs. Stupid sony.

Than it was a good idea to cancel my order with Amazon, than?!?! I did so because what games where available did not suit me well. Once Destiny or The Order 1886 is available than I'll just back on the wagon. Check the video of the game at the E3 2013 Sony Conference...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WBNdrJMwrkc

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#82 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,355 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

Isn't the PS3 is considered to be much for reliable than the 360?

#83 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

At launch of both, yes... But not anymore. In fact, Xbox Live is much better than PSNetwork, IMO.

#84 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Sounds awesome, I'll have to check that out.

Here's a nice clip from the episode.  Cartman's one-liner at the very end of the clip is gold!

#85 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

That is pretty hilarious.

Does it count that I may be getting a golden tee arcade game for my basement?  Is that allowed to be talked about?  LOL

• Adam Wolff and JeremyStrain like this

#86 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

That is pretty hilarious.

Does it count that I may be getting a golden tee arcade game for my basement?  Is that allowed to be talked about?  LOL

Absolutely! That's awesome.

#87 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,355 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

At launch of both, yes... But not anymore. In fact, Xbox Live is much better than PSNetwork, IMO.

I wasn't talking about the online aspect.

#88 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

I wasn't talking about the online aspect.

Well, for several years now, they've both been equally reliable. At launch, the xbox had far more issues than the PS3 did. No doubt about it.

#89 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

I own both. I play xbox more than ps3 because the online is better, but the ps3 is a better machine. I also dislike the xbox controller.

#90 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Than it was a good idea to cancel my order with Amazon, than?!?! I did so because what games where available did not suit me well. Once Destiny or The Order 1886 is available than I'll just back on the wagon. Check the video of the game at the E3 2013 Sony Conference...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WBNdrJMwrkc

Rumblings so far are a small sample size, but enough problems in that sample that they think this will be as bad or worse than the RROD debacle with the 360. Something about using sub par hdmi ports that won't display video, and a day one patch 1.50 I think, that was bricking systems.

As B pointed out earlier, it's not like the XB1 won't have it's own issues at launch i'm sure...but i'm just really disappointed to see the trend continuing with Sony that they laid out at the end of the PS3 cycle. The last couple years their commitment to service has fallen into a black pit, and between the security breach and the software issues they've had with their forced patches (they patch every few weeks, opposed to XB who only does it twice a year), they've just completely lost any confidence I had in them.

I don't think PS3 was any better than 360, despite the extra potential it had, because the operating system is so much worse than xbox. I'm sticking with XB for this gen, and I'll have mine next Friday. I'll be sure to update with any problems I have.

@JeremyMStrain

#91 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Jer - How are you getting yours next Friday? I pre-ordered mine on Amazon (Day One Edition), and they're saying it will be DELIVERED on Friday 11/22... that doesn't make sense, they'll actually ship it before launch?

#92 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Jer - How are you getting yours next Friday? I pre-ordered mine on Amazon (Day One Edition), and they're saying it will be DELIVERED on Friday 11/22... that doesn't make sense, they'll actually ship it before launch?

Ummm Chris, next Friday IS the 22nd. That's the release date, but yeah, Amazon has them (or will have them this week) already, and they will ship them out in order for them to arrive ON release day. You'll get yours in the late morning/afternoon and I'll either pick mine up at midnight Thurs (prob not) or I'll just go when they open on Friday and scoop it.

@JeremyMStrain

#93 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Ummm Chris, next Friday IS the 22nd. That's the release date, but yeah, Amazon has them (or will have them this week) already, and they will ship them out in order for them to arrive ON release day. You'll get yours in the late morning/afternoon and I'll either pick mine up at midnight Thurs (prob not) or I'll just go when they open on Friday and scoop it.

Yeah, I know - that's what I'm saying, I was surprised that it'll actually be delivered on the 22nd, next Friday... I was sure it was a typo and was meant to say, it'll be shipped next Friday. Obviously I'll be extremely pleased if it actually is delivered day one. That sure beats the hell out of going to a launch event.

#94 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Yeah, I know - that's what I'm saying, I was surprised that it'll actually be delivered on the 22nd, next Friday... I was sure it was a typo and was meant to say, it'll be shipped next Friday. Obviously I'll be extremely pleased if it actually is delivered day one. That sure beats the hell out of going to a launch event.

Yeah Amazon is really good about delivering things ON release day, because it's such a big company it gets the product days ahead of release date and then can ship it 2-3 days out to get it there on time. I've done a couple games as release date guarantees and everytime I've had them by like 12-1pm on launch day.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#95 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yeah Amazon is really good about delivering things ON release day, because it's such a big company it gets the product days ahead of release date and then can ship it 2-3 days out to get it there on time. I've done a couple games as release date guarantees and everytime I've had them by like 12-1pm on launch day.

That's fantastic. Thanks man. 

I did 360 launch at a 24-hour Wal-Mart, and video games I'll do at Game Stop if I ever want to. This is my first online launch experience so I just wasn't sure how that would work. Thanks for the info.

#96 Nevermore

Nevermore
  • Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

GameInformer did a survey(nearly 5,000 people) about the failure rate of both systems in 2009. The 360 had 54.2% failure rate. The PS3 had 10.6%.

It's important to note that this was the original 360. Microsoft released the 360 S in 2010 which was a much better build quality. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#97 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

PS3 was unquestionably the better hardware. I understand the reasons why people preferred 360.

I'm someone who is not a huge online gamer. I also don't stream or use the machine to do anything more than to play video games and bluerays. I mean I play my share of games online but I don't have a ton of "friends" I hook up to play COD with every night. So, the free online service PS3 provided was more than enough for me. Clearly though, XBL was superior and the biggest reason why 360 was more popular.

• BobPhelan likes this

#98 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Curious to hear why some of you are getting launch console. I get the appeal factor, but the thing will be $100 cheaper with a game bundle within 18 months. The hardware will be better and less buggy and the game library will be much better. I can't say I'm not, or have never been, tempted but I know it's better to wait. Especially, this generation where the leap is as minimal as it's been in a long time

#99 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

PS3 was unquestionably the better hardware. I understand the reasons why people preferred 360.

I'm someone who is not a huge online gamer. I also don't stream or use the machine to do anything more than to play video games and bluerays. I mean I play my share of games online but I don't have a ton of "friends" I hook up to play COD with every night. So, the free online service PS3 provided was more than enough for me. Clearly though, XBL was superior and the biggest reason why 360 was more popular.

Agreed. The reliable hardware, along with the free online and bluray player really made it an attractive option for a certain following. If you were an online game play junkie, it wasn't enough. I'm not a junkie, but COD is how me and a lot of old HS/College friends stay in touch these days, so I like to play with them 1-2 nights a week. 

I also use the XBOX a ton for streaming from my PC. PS3 worked OK for that stuff, but not as good as the 360. 

I'm not a fan of Kinect and the fact that it always has to be on with the XBox One. 

#100 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Curious to hear why some of you are getting launch console. I get the appeal factor, but the thing will be $100 cheaper with a game bundle within 18 months. The hardware will be better and less buggy and the game library will be much better. I can't say I'm not, or have never been, tempted but I know it's better to wait. Especially, this generation where the leap is as minimal as it's been in a long time

With the leap being so minimal, that's why I feel more comfortable going with a launch machine. That, and a few of my friends will be getting it at launch and transitioning to Ghosts on that console instead of the 360. 

Also, when I got the ring of death thing on my 360 launch machine, Microsoft was always willing to replace it for me for free. 

Anyway, if I were more disciplined I'd wait. I'm not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=