HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

http://www.baltimore...story?track=rss

What a nut.

BTW - very disappointing in that there isn't a ton to do, quest wise, once the main storyline is done. Waiting for the online launch, which should be promising.

#62 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

What a nut.

BTW - very disappointing in that there isn't a ton to do, quest wise, once the main storyline is done. Waiting for the online launch, which should be promising.

Yeah the online aspect sounds very promising, could almost be a stand alone game if they wanted it to be.

#63 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Yeah the online aspect sounds very promising, could almost be a stand alone game if they wanted it to be.

I thought that's what they were planning on, I even expected them to release it as a separate $20 add on.

@JeremyMStrain

#64 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

I thought that's what they were planning on, I even expected them to release it as a separate $20 add on.

I could be wrong but as of right now I don't think that's the case.   Anyone that has the game get's the online version when it goes live October 1st.  As of right now I don't think you can purchase only the online portion of the game.

#65 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

I could be wrong but as of right now I don't think that's the case.   Anyone that has the game get's the online version when it goes live October 1st.  As of right now I don't think you can purchase only the online portion of the game.

Just weird how they've handled the entire thing and haven't really shared many details about the Online part. Not to mention the fact they have entirely separate box art for the online stuff.

@JeremyMStrain

#66 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

I just wish, like a Skyrim, they had other side quests you could do that had some teeth to them once you finished the main story line. 

The main story line was absolutely epic though. Very well done.

#67 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

Just beat the main story mission of Grand Theft Auto V last night. Great game!

Have a little been of downtime until Call of Duty comes out, so I downloaded The Wolf Among Us last night on XBOX Live. As I love the Fables comic series, I'm really looking forward to playing that.

Anybody play the new Batman game yet? I heard it's not as good as the others, but it's still worth checking out. Supposedly, the battle with Deathstroke is the hardest boss fight in the entire Arkham series. I'll probably ask for that for Christmas.

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#68 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Big win for XBOX One. Titanfall isn't just a limited exclusive. It's a lifetime XBOX One exclusive.

Suffice to say, Sony fans aren't too happy.

http://www.ign.com/a...or-its-lifetime

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#69 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

Anybody getting a PS4 tomorrow?? If so post your impressions.

#70 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

My little brother is getting it at midnight... I'll let you know what he thinks. I'm getting the XBone next Friday.

#71 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

My little brother is getting it at midnight... I'll let you know what he thinks. I'm getting the XBone next Friday.

Same here. They are already having mass issues of failing ps4 because of faulty hdmi ports and software bugs. Stupid sony.
@JeremyMStrain

#72 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

This weeks episode of South Park had a great spoof of the Console Wars.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#73 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

I'm getting an XBOX one as well, but I think I'm waiting until early spring next year to pick one up.  The first must have I want is Titanfall, so I'll pick one up when that rolls out.  I'm still working on GTAV anyway.

#74 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

Same here. They are already having mass issues of failing ps4 because of faulty hdmi ports and software bugs. Stupid sony.

And you don't think issues are going to quickly pop up with Xbox 1??

I wont be buying next gen until at least next holliday season so I'll see where things stand then. That said, I have more trust in Sony.

• BobPhelan likes this

#75 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

My brother said playstation network was either down, or incredibly sluggish all night. Not surprising at all.

#76 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

This weeks episode of South Park had a great spoof of the Console Wars.

Sounds awesome, I'll have to check that out.

#77 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

I wont be buying next gen until at least next holliday season so I'll see where things stand then. That said, I have more trust in Sony.

I got the 360 at launch last time and had two systems die from the red light of death of whatever that was called. That ssid, Microsoft had another one to me free of charge within a week both times.

And since I rely heavily on online game play, I'll never be able to stomach Sony's network being crashed for as long as it was.

#78 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

I'm sure they will but they forced me to update my ps3 which bricked it and then refused to do anything about it. Now they are having more update related issues. F sony.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#79 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

I'm sure they will but they forced me to update my ps3 which bricked it and then refused to do anything about it. Now they are having more update related issues. F sony.

I get that people have personal experiences that piss them off. I can't say Im immune to that. My fat 80 gig PS3 is still going strong since the spring of '07. On the other hand I had two 360s RROD on me within 3 months of the warranty expiring.

If I were buying a launch console it would  be PS4. I like to wait things out and see how both stack up over a year into their life span.

I actually preferred Xbox over PS2 and PS3 over 360. So not overly bias towards either brand.

#80 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

I get that people have personal experiences that piss them off. I can't say Im immune to that. My fat 80 gig PS3 is still going strong since the spring of '07. On the other hand I had two 360s RROD on me within 3 months of the warranty expiring.

If I were buying a launch console it would 100% be PS4. I like to wait things out and see how both stack up over a year into their life span.

I actually preferred Xbox over PS2 and PS3 over 360. So not overly bias towards either brand.

Yeah, I think it comes down to personal experience and preference one way or the other. I didn't mind the PS3 at all... for me, as I like to play a lot of FPS or various other online game play games, the XBOX wins out as just about all of my friends play on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=