#481 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 10:11 AM

Starfield’s Massive Script Equals Massive Amounts Of Work, Say Devs

At the Tokyo Game Show yesterday, Bethesda’s creative director Todd Howard told an audience that upcoming space-faring RPG Starfield will have more than 150,000 lines of dialogue. If that sounds like a lot, that’s because it is. In response to the announcement, some developers at other AAA studios expressed shock at the sheer volume of dialogue.

Howard has previously described Starfield as “like Skyrim in space.” For context, though, Skyrim “only” had 60,000 lines, less than half of Starfield’s projected line count.

https://kotaku.com/s...f-wo-1847783307

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#482 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 10:15 AM

Starfield may be interesting. Wait and see. Bethesda has sh** the bed a lot of late.

#483 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,577 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:38 AM

Metroid Dread getting great reviews.

#484 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:42 AM

Metroid Dread getting great reviews.

I'm gonna DL it later this week. Got a lot going on first before that though.

@JeremyMStrain

#485 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:45 AM

So over the Summer I downloaded "The Last of Us" on my kids PS5 to play myself.  I finally finished it the other day.  What a great game, that I never want to play again.  It's like they turned "The Road" into a video game.   So damn bleak, not sure I'm up for the sequel.

#486 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 11:07 AM

So over the Summer I downloaded "The Last of Us" on my kids PS5 to play myself. I finally finished it the other day. What a great game, that I never want to play again. It's like they turned "The Road" into a video game. So damn bleak, not sure I'm up for the sequel.

I only played it once. Original pretty much universally praised and loved. Second one is very devisive. I liked it. Sequel doesnt hit you as hard.

#487 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,577 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 October 2021 - 11:54 AM

So over the Summer I downloaded "The Last of Us" on my kids PS5 to play myself. I finally finished it the other day. What a great game, that I never want to play again. It's like they turned "The Road" into a video game. So damn bleak, not sure I'm up for the sequel.

It’s worth playing the sequel IMO, I loved it just as much. If nothing else get fully prepared for the HBO show coming next year.

I finished Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart this week, great looking game on PS5 that is a ton of fun even if it’s not essential.
  • DuffMan likes this

#488 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,577 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 November 2021 - 08:22 PM

Halo Infinite multiplayer is fun. And it’s free. I’m TheOrioleReport (shocking, I know) on Xbox if anyone wants to add me.

#489 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 12:21 PM

Bethesda shows off more 'Starfield' in a seven-minute featurette

https://www.engadget...-171417817.html

• CantonJester likes this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#490 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 07:09 PM

You can't trust my opinion on these games because I am a fanboy, but I'm loving Halo Infinite so far.  Really hitting the nostalgia space for me, aided by them bringing back that main music motif all the time.  The open world swap is working alright, although I do miss the excellent level design of the older games.

#491 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,577 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 January 2022 - 07:31 PM

You can't trust my opinion on these games because I am a fanboy, but I'm loving Halo Infinite so far. Really hitting the nostalgia space for me, aided by them bringing back that main music motif all the time. The open world swap is working alright, although I do miss the excellent level design of the older games.

It’s very good. Way better than I expected.

#492 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 12:22 AM

Just finished.  I loved it, definitely in my top 3 Halo games after the dust settles.

#493 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 January 2022 - 08:50 AM

Not a Halo fan in general but this one has captured my attention, absolutely loving it. Haven’t even gotten to multiplayer yet.

#494 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:02 AM

My kid got a gaming monitor last month for the PS5 so she can play in the basement and have privacy.  I get that, but dang we did have a 75 inch tv that it was hooked up to prior.

#495 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:46 AM

My kid got a gaming monitor last month for the PS5 so she can play in the basement and have privacy.  I get that, but dang we did have a 75 inch tv that it was hooked up to prior.

Depends on what she is playing. Monitor can make a difference in certain games. Less lag

#496 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:14 AM

Got the Xbox because I got tired of trying to find the PS5. Loving Forza right now.

#497 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:54 AM

Got the Xbox because I got tired of trying to find the PS5. Loving Forza right now.

If you get the game pass I think it really gives Xbox an edge. Enough free and new release games to really make it worth it. I had Gamefly for like 18 years, but dropped it last year for the pass when I got my Series S and I haven't had a single regret. If there's a game I REALLY want, I'll get it, but I get so many of them through this that I would have bought, or other games that I wouldn't have but I can cause it's free that it really works out.

I've always ended up getting the PS later in the life cycle and catching up on good games I missed, but I still haven't played all the ones from the PS4 cycle I had. Half way through Spider Man, and still haven't played Last of Us 2.

• BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#498 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 05:52 PM

Anybody playing Vanguard?

#499 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 09:38 AM

Phil Spencer expects PlayStation to mirror Xbox Game Pass, including day-one games

https://www.windowsc...V1N8Sqc75fk-d0Y

#500 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 12:13 PM

Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion

https://www.theverge...-duty-overwatch

and...

Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass service grows to 25 million subscribers

https://www.theverge...soft-activision

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=